Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

[h1]Knicks' Azubuike isn't close to return[/h1]
Knicks Blog

Berman on Twitter

By MARC BERMAN

Last Updated: 9:54 AM, December 9, 2010

Posted: 3:05 AM, December 9, 2010
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...jXqpY63I?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=#comments_block
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni gave his most damning assessment of Kelenna Azubuike's status last night, as the team's worst fears are being realized that he might not be ready this season or ever play a game for the team.

"He's not ready, physically," D'Antoni said of Azubuike, who is recovering from left knee surgery. "If you watch the scrimmages, he doesn't have the pop and it's going to be a while before he gets it back. He can [play in] scrimmages, but he's not strong enough or able to go sideways or able to have an NBA physical talent level. It's just not there yet."

Azubuike has been back scrimmaging for three weeks but his game is not back. According to D'Antoni, he no longer has the explosiveness that made him so dangerous as a Golden State shooting guard. There were organizational whispers before training camp Azubuike might never get back to where he once was following one of the worst knee operations for an NBA player, patella tendon surgery. Azubuike went under the knife one year and three weeks ago.Azubuike's contract expires after the season, and if he doesn't show progress, the Knicks could open up a roster spot by releasing him after February's trade deadline. Azubuike is making $3.4 million this season.

When asked if Azubuike's now healthy, D'Antoni said, "I'm healthy, but I don't have any pop. He's just not ready. He's got to keep working on his strength. Hopefully he gets there sooner than later."

The emergence of rookie Landry Fields as the starting shooting guard and flourishing of Shawne Williams has lessened the importance of Azubuike.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...o_return_qMBVD6UapIr1FfjXqpY63I#ixzz17gEQD6jC

Damn.  I kind of feel a little bad for Azubuike.  Guy worked really hard and looked to have a long career ahead of him. 

Damn, RIP.
tired.gif

Going to the game tomorrow night. Can't wait to see the Heat in person and can't wait to see us pull the upset....(or get demolished)

30t6p3b.gif
This game on ESPN. It's gonna be bad enough we're playing the Heat but in front of nation tv. On the upside if we win this it can be a confidence booster.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

30t6p3b.gif
This game on ESPN. It's gonna be bad enough we're playing the Heat but in front of nation tv. On the upside if we win this it can be a confidence booster.

The nation already knows the Warriors suck and will get slaughtered.

But I'll cut you guys a deal - If the Warriors win tomorrow, I'll contribute to the post your gf/ex thread in general. 

Maybe.

Before the Heat played the Cavs, I thought we had a chance but now they seem to have gotten their swag so it'll be tough.  Glad its' at home though.

On a brighter note, the rook is making his debut tonight.

ESPN gonna be slurping the Heat all game long
30t6p3b.gif

I really think our frontcourt is decent, a LOT better than it has been in previous years. Part of it is because Don Nelson isn't our coach anymore, though. Hopefully Udoh can bring something to the table and not be like that bum Lin
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

30t6p3b.gif

I really think our frontcourt is decent, a LOT better than it has been in previous years. Part of it is because Don Nelson isn't our coach anymore, though. Hopefully Udoh can bring something to the table and not be like that bum Lin
30t6p3b.gif
uhhhh, Bill Simmons is calling the game. He hates Lebron.

i'm gonna go to the game tonight! hopefully it'll be somewhat close b/c i want to see lebron and wade for at least 35 minutes

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by acidicality

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
uhhhh, Bill Simmons is calling the game. He hates Lebron.
had no idea...interesting

Im expecting 40 sitcom/reality show/movie references throughout the game. i wish i could go tonight but im sitting this one out. ill be tuning in.

Back
Top Bottom