Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

missed the game cause of work. didn't even know there was one. looked like a horrible game.

and we signed Acie Law today? was he with the team already ?

Another loss 
pimp.gif

Brother copped me a Curry shirt for my bday 
pimp.gif
too bad he's injured 
frown.gif

He needs to rest that ankle and stop wearing the whatever hyper_ shoes out there.

[h1]Warriors update: Pain still lingers for David Lee[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II
Oakland Tribune

Posted: 12/08/2010 09:20:42 PM PST

Updated: 12/08/2010 11:53:07 PM PST

Lee is still feeling pain from elbow injury

SAN ANTONIO -- Just judging by the numbers, Warriors forward David Lee is coming along nicely.

In Wednesday's 111-94 loss to the San Antonio Spurs, Lee had 16 points, 13 rebounds and six assists. In his six games back, he has averaged 16.1 points, 8.5 rebounds and 5.3 assists.

But Lee is still paying the price. He's still experiencing pain, especially when he gets hit in the elbow. And his wound -- where he sustained the original laceration, which became infected and forced him out for eight games -- is still precarious.

"It hurt really badly after (Tuesday's) game," Lee said before Wednesday's game. "It was a blood bath when I took my elbow pad and tape off. The wound itself really isn't improving too much, because I'm continuing to play on it. But at this point, it's either that or sitting out. I'm not sitting out."

The gash on the inside of his left elbow is still open and requires regular maintenance. Lee said it still looks disgusting. He switched from the sleeve to a normal elbow pad.

Though he said it feels better each game, it's still affecting his shot and ability to bang. Because he can't straighten his elbow regularly, he doesn't get the proper follow through on his shot. He said that's why his midrange jumpers have been denting the front rim, and he's missed 12 of his past 25 free throws. Lee said he's still not using his left arm to create leverage inside, not like he used to.

He said he has to keep telling himself to get more leg into his shot, but he said those aren't "firing on all cylinders" yet.

He shot 7 for 10 on Wednesday, including a few jumpers. He's shooting 47.3 percent in his last six games.

Lee has averaged 38.3 minutes since returning from injury.

"It's all effort because mentally, I'm still there," he said. "I want to get it done. I just want to get our team winning so badly that I'm just trying to will myself through it. It hasn't been the easiest time. It's been very difficult, and I just can't wait to get back to where I can be able to help this team at 100 percent."
[*]Small forward Dorell Wright and the Oakland Fire Department are putting on a toy drive at Friday's home game against the Miami Heat. Fans are requested to bring a new, unwrapped toy that will be donated to a local children's organization. For more information, go to www.warriors.com. [*]The Warriors outrebounded the Spurs 45-41. It was their first time outrebounding a team in the past six games.
-- Marcus Thompson II

*sigh* Just rest Lee and Curry, let Monta get frustrated. Trade Monta and Biedrins for Dwight Howard.

Happy birthday Luong!

Originally Posted by acidicality

We play the Wolves on Tuesday (I'll be there
laugh.gif
), we might not win until then...

I'll be there too but in the nosebleed. All good it's only the T'Wolves and getting a free tshirt.

Happy bday Luong
pimp.gif

Pulled this from the NBA thread.
[h3]

[h4]GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS[/h4]
gsw.gif
What upbeat story deserves more attention?

Stephen Curry has been spectacular: 21.5 player efficiency rating, 21.2 points, 5.7 assists, 59.7 true shooting percentage. Someone tell his coach, Keith Smart -- Curry is playing fewer minutes this season. Someone tell Warriors PR -- they seem to push only Monta Ellis. Someone tell the fans -- my Twitter feed is choked with Curry complaints. Curry is one of the league's best young point guards, but an ingredient sacrificed to a rancid stew of recent Warriors play.

What downbeat story deserves more attention?

The Jeremy Lin situation is … awkward. He adds energy, hustle and some of the most cringe-prompting play seen outside of a rec league. Lin was supposed to resonate as symbolic and he did that -- for a time. But it's hard to keep cheering when he seems capable of blocking his own layups. Oracle used to roar when Lin entered games. These days, the cheers are muting into nervous brow sweat. This isn't the heartwarming story it could have been.

-- Ethan Sherwood Strauss, Warriors World
[/h3]

Happy bday Luong
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by Andrew630

*sigh* Just rest Lee and Curry, let Monta get frustrated. Trade Monta and Biedrins for Dwight Howard.

Happy birthday Luong!

Thanks guys,
pimp.gif
. 8 years till I'm 30.

Happy bday Luong
pimp.gif

Pulled this from the NBA thread.
[h3]

gsw.gif

Stephen Curry has been spectacular: 21.5 player efficiency rating, 21.2 points, 5.7 assists, 59.7 true shooting percentage. Someone tell his coach, Keith Smart -- Curry is playing fewer minutes this season. Someone tell Warriors PR -- they seem to push only Monta Ellis. Someone tell the fans -- my Twitter feed is choked with Curry complaints. Curry is one of the league's best young point guards, but an ingredient sacrificed to a rancid stew of recent Warriors play.

What downbeat story deserves more attention?

The Jeremy Lin situation is … awkward. He adds energy, hustle and some of the most cringe-prompting play seen outside of a rec league. Lin was supposed to resonate as symbolic and he did that -- for a time. But it's hard to keep cheering when he seems capable of blocking his own layups. Oracle used to roar when Lin entered games. These days, the cheers are muting into nervous brow sweat. This isn't the heartwarming story it could have been.

-- Ethan Sherwood Strauss, Warriors World
[/h3]

laugh.gif
 that is 100% on point regarding Lin.    

Funny moment in practice. Jeremy Lin got a break-away while the team was working on its halfcourt set. Dorell Wright gave a half-hearted chase as Smart told Jeremy to get up high and go up strong. Lin threw it down with one hand, eliciting a reaction from Wright.

DWRIGHT: “That was weak as (expletive)!

[h3]
gsw.gif

[/h3]
I am starting to disagree with this.  I love Curry, and he has definitely exceeded my expectations already.  But lets really break down this comment.  It states, he is one of the leagues best young point guards.  So what would you guys consider one of the best?  Top 3?  Top 5?  Top anything else doesnt scream one of the best.  Currently, when you look at point guards under the age of 27, I dont consider Curry anywhere close to being one of the best young point guard.

Here is a list of who i consider the better point guards under the age of 27:  Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, John Wall, Raymond Felton and Brandon Jennings.

Is Curry better currently than ANY of these guys?  Maybe the last two?  You can argue up a couple spots or down a couple spots, but the fact of the matter is, Curry is just barely inside the top 10 of young point guards in the NBA currently.  And this is JUST young point guards (and thats also not counting young combo guards like Tyreke, Monta and  Eric Gordon). 

Look, I like Curry as much as the next guy.  I pray to GOD he is the next Steve Nash (hopefully with better D).  But right now, I dont see how anyone in their right mind can call Curry "one of the best young PG in the NBA."  In a few years maybe, but right now?  No chance.

Ekpe
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Who do they run tomorrow? Monta and Reggie or Law and Monta? I rather use Law as the starter to have someone to bring off the bench.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Ekpe
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Who do they run tomorrow? Monta and Reggie or Law and Monta? I rather use Law as the starter to have someone to bring off the bench.
Don't matter, we screwed
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Probably start Reggie with Acie Law as the back up. I wonder if Law stays the entire season. Haha.
I don't see anything wrong with it.  If they can find another decent player in the d-league I would let him go, but at least Law can play defense.

Back
Top Bottom