OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

bhzmafia14 wrote:

Look at the Bulls. They aren't a championship caliber team just yet, but they are one solid piece away.

They aren't winning a title this year either. 

I get what you're saying, and it's all noble and everything, but unless you are drafting elites like a Durant, and following up with top 10 type guys in Westbrook or piece #3, it won't be enough.  Got nothing to do with this strategy and balance and TEAM stuff you talkin about, you need a top 5 ELITE, a second tier top 15 type, and then a third wheel/semi star type alone with solid players throughout. 

That's it, there is no other way.  You aren't gonna do a God damn thing with 5 top 15 draft picks, and 7 good role guys, or any of that.  The 04 Pistons are a 1 in a 100 type situation. 

bhzmafia14 wrote:

Look at the Bulls. They aren't a championship caliber team just yet, but they are one solid piece away.

They aren't winning a title this year either. 

I get what you're saying, and it's all noble and everything, but unless you are drafting elites like a Durant, and following up with top 10 type guys in Westbrook or piece #3, it won't be enough.  Got nothing to do with this strategy and balance and TEAM stuff you talkin about, you need a top 5 ELITE, a second tier top 15 type, and then a third wheel/semi star type alone with solid players throughout. 

That's it, there is no other way.  You aren't gonna do a God damn thing with 5 top 15 draft picks, and 7 good role guys, or any of that.  The 04 Pistons are a 1 in a 100 type situation. 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

You got aging franchise players out of their prime on top of the league right now. They aren't superstars anymore, but they know how to win. I'll put my money on those teams before I put money on Miami or any other super team that 's trying to form. 
Sure, they will have nothing left in the tank as time goes on but it just shows that you don't need Dwight, Melo, Amare and Paul to win a championship.
laugh.gif
 Teams now in days want 4 MVP candidates, best player at their position type $@** to win. There's no need of putting Olympic teams together. Just do it the right way.

grin.gif
Not towards you specifically, but the Knicks to most were a joke and "irrelevant".

Now that they are getting star players, dudes are going to start saying we "bought" a championship.

Knick hate is probably the strongest it's ever been.

30t6p3b.gif

You got aging franchise players out of their prime on top of the league right now. They aren't superstars anymore, but they know how to win. I'll put my money on those teams before I put money on Miami or any other super team that 's trying to form. 
Sure, they will have nothing left in the tank as time goes on but it just shows that you don't need Dwight, Melo, Amare and Paul to win a championship.
laugh.gif
 Teams now in days want 4 MVP candidates, best player at their position type $@** to win. There's no need of putting Olympic teams together. Just do it the right way.

grin.gif
Not towards you specifically, but the Knicks to most were a joke and "irrelevant".

Now that they are getting star players, dudes are going to start saying we "bought" a championship.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by CP1708

The thing is, you can win as long as you have the proper strategy and balance. You don't need a bunch of superstars to win championships. You need a TEAM. Not saying you don't need any all-star level players, but getting a bunch of stars and putting them with guys that probably couldn't start on half of the teams in the league won't work.
No dude.  

This ain't Hoosiers. 
laugh.gif

Seriously I had the exact same thought, it's the NBA not a Disney movie.
Wait....so a team with about 2 all-star level players and good talent around them isn't capable of winning a championship?
So who would you put around Joe Johnson and Al Horford for them to be capable of winning a championship?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

laugh.gif
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
So be it. Would love to be known as the NBA's Yankees.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by CP1708

The thing is, you can win as long as you have the proper strategy and balance. You don't need a bunch of superstars to win championships. You need a TEAM. Not saying you don't need any all-star level players, but getting a bunch of stars and putting them with guys that probably couldn't start on half of the teams in the league won't work.
No dude.  

This ain't Hoosiers. 
laugh.gif

Seriously I had the exact same thought, it's the NBA not a Disney movie.
Wait....so a team with about 2 all-star level players and good talent around them isn't capable of winning a championship?
So who would you put around Joe Johnson and Al Horford for them to be capable of winning a championship?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

laugh.gif
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
So be it. Would love to be known as the NBA's Yankees.

The basic forumla for a NBA champion is 2 hall of famers (or close to that), decent to solid supporting cast and a good head coach.

The basic forumla for a NBA champion is 2 hall of famers (or close to that), decent to solid supporting cast and a good head coach.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Then the Mavericks are in great shape!
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Waiting for "maybe if they were playing in 03 jokes."

Originally Posted by PMatic

Then the Mavericks are in great shape!
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Waiting for "maybe if they were playing in 03 jokes."

The NBA is wack, i'm just about done
tired.gif
. Go Cavs, Lakers, Mavericks, Thunder, Celtics, Bulls, and Spurs
tired.gif
. The Knicks and Miami can eat a ****.

The NBA is wack, i'm just about done
tired.gif
. Go Cavs, Lakers, Mavericks, Thunder, Celtics, Bulls, and Spurs
tired.gif
. The Knicks and Miami can eat a ****.

Atlanta's problem is trying to play small ball. You have to get a formula that works. Look at how other teams have won and push towards that goal. If you want to go the Detroit Pistons route, do that. The difference is Prince was one of the best perimeter defenders during that time and the other 4 guys were at least top 10 in their position as well. 
5 guys that are top 10 in their position is capable of winning a championship.That doesn't mean they are all superstars though. A couple of those guys may have to be top 5 at their position though.

That's the formula the Grizz are ATTEMPTING to use, but its not working because of our draft mistakes and our bench still isn't up to par. You could say 3 of our guys are top 10 at their positon right now and those 3 are in our front line. Get us a SG that's and hope Conley can get there with a bench, and we will be ok.

Atlanta's problem is trying to play small ball. You have to get a formula that works. Look at how other teams have won and push towards that goal. If you want to go the Detroit Pistons route, do that. The difference is Prince was one of the best perimeter defenders during that time and the other 4 guys were at least top 10 in their position as well. 
5 guys that are top 10 in their position is capable of winning a championship.That doesn't mean they are all superstars though. A couple of those guys may have to be top 5 at their position though.

That's the formula the Grizz are ATTEMPTING to use, but its not working because of our draft mistakes and our bench still isn't up to par. You could say 3 of our guys are top 10 at their positon right now and those 3 are in our front line. Get us a SG that's and hope Conley can get there with a bench, and we will be ok.

I'm sorry, but trying follow the 1 out of the 100 route, is not a good idea. 

If your 5 top 10's are all at 6 and below at the 5 positions, that ain't gonna get it done.  And BTW, the reason you have 5 decent top 10's at their position, is why there is no bench to speak of anyways, much the same as having 3 ELITES with not much of a bench. 

One way is 1 out of 100
Other is 99 out of 100.

That make more sense? 

I'm sorry, but trying follow the 1 out of the 100 route, is not a good idea. 

If your 5 top 10's are all at 6 and below at the 5 positions, that ain't gonna get it done.  And BTW, the reason you have 5 decent top 10's at their position, is why there is no bench to speak of anyways, much the same as having 3 ELITES with not much of a bench. 

One way is 1 out of 100
Other is 99 out of 100.

That make more sense? 

Has this been the CRAZIEST 6-7 month period in NBA history?

I can only think of one comparable time period: end of 98 season to the lockout.

Back
Top Bottom