OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

roll.gif
@ Dwight laughing immediately

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by HOOD17

laugh.gif
people bashing the Lakers.

I predict they only lose 3 games after the break and end up the #2 seed in the playoffs.

Quoted. I disagree with this by the way

Nah give him a pass. Dudes a Wolves fan. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I predict they only lose 3 games after the break and end up the #2 seed in the playoffs.

Nah give him a pass. Dudes a Wolves fan. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
grin.gif

Quick Manu tangent: If San Antonio wins 68-70 games and captures the title, he'd become the single toughest active player to assess from a historical standpoint. Phenomenal big-game player, one of the best international players ever, a key member of multiple title teams … yet he was never one of the league's best five guards at any point in his career. Is he a potential Hall of Famer? Does he need one more title to get there? Is it fair to compare him to unsung guards like Joe Dumars and Dennis Johnson, when their best years were much better than Manu's best years?
Come on, Bill. Much better?
30t6p3b.gif

Quick Manu tangent: If San Antonio wins 68-70 games and captures the title, he'd become the single toughest active player to assess from a historical standpoint. Phenomenal big-game player, one of the best international players ever, a key member of multiple title teams … yet he was never one of the league's best five guards at any point in his career. Is he a potential Hall of Famer? Does he need one more title to get there? Is it fair to compare him to unsung guards like Joe Dumars and Dennis Johnson, when their best years were much better than Manu's best years?
Come on, Bill. Much better?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
 Jeez, dude clearly said he did not look at the schedule before posting that give him a break.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
 Jeez, dude clearly said he did not look at the schedule before posting that give him a break.

Dennis Johnson? Dennis freaking Johnson, with nonsense straight from the Boston book of the basketball.

Healthy Manu I put above both of them easy.

Dennis Johnson? Dennis freaking Johnson, with nonsense straight from the Boston book of the basketball.

Healthy Manu I put above both of them easy.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Blazers Discussing Devin Harris Trade[/h3]
Feb 17, 2011 11:49 AM EST

Harris_Devin_njn_090131.jpg

The Blazers and Nets are in discussions about an exchanged centered around Andre Miller for Devin Harris.

Travis Outlaw and Anthony Morrow have been discussed as possible players going to Portland, while Rudy Fernandez and Joel Przybilla could be moved to New Jersey.

Portland's interest in Harris dates back to when he played for Dallas.

http:///basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211041/Blazers_Discussing_Devin_Harris_Trade#ixzz1EFmARY8I">http://basketball.realgm....rris_Trade#ixzz1EFmARY8I">Link

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Blazers Discussing Devin Harris Trade[/h3]
Feb 17, 2011 11:49 AM EST

Harris_Devin_njn_090131.jpg

The Blazers and Nets are in discussions about an exchanged centered around Andre Miller for Devin Harris.

Travis Outlaw and Anthony Morrow have been discussed as possible players going to Portland, while Rudy Fernandez and Joel Przybilla could be moved to New Jersey.

Portland's interest in Harris dates back to when he played for Dallas.

http:///basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211041/Blazers_Discussing_Devin_Harris_Trade#ixzz1EFmARY8I">http://basketball.realgm....rris_Trade#ixzz1EFmARY8I">Link

OKB, didn't you say this summer that Bargnani was better Aldridge? I was just thinking 'bout that while reading the Simmons column?

OKB, didn't you say this summer that Bargnani was better Aldridge? I was just thinking 'bout that while reading the Simmons column?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I was praying that nobody was going to notice that, not gonna lie I was kinda happy chester got banned right as Lamacrus exploded into a really good player that all me out after all the wasy he wouldn't c
Lamarcus jokes I made.
laugh.gif

What can I say at that time I said I would rather have Bargnani at 50 million than Aldridge at 70 million but that looks wrong now, unlike other NTers I have no problem admitting that, but hey you never know maybe Bargnani figures out how to rotate on defense and rebounds at an average level.

Ill try to console myself with this vid of himn burning up aldridge for 29.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I was praying that nobody was going to notice that, not gonna lie I was kinda happy chester got banned right as Lamacrus exploded into a really good player that all me out after all the wasy he wouldn't c
Lamarcus jokes I made.
laugh.gif

What can I say at that time I said I would rather have Bargnani at 50 million than Aldridge at 70 million but that looks wrong now, unlike other NTers I have no problem admitting that, but hey you never know maybe Bargnani figures out how to rotate on defense and rebounds at an average level.

Ill try to console myself with this vid of himn burning up aldridge for 29.
ohwell.gif

I was wrong about Lamarcus as well.  I thought he was what he was, soft, and good for 17 and 8 for the next 8 years.  He's been awesome the last couple months.  Now I wonder how Roy is handling that. 
happy.gif

This is one of those things that makes me love Simmons and his writing

Evan Turner: Instead of mentioning Mount Bustmore (Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, Hasheem Thabeet and Adam Morrison) every time we wonder if a high lottery pick might be a draft bust, I thought it would be easier to rename those four guys Kwarko Beetison, who absolutely sounds like someone Chris Wallace would have drafted.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And this is Bill at his worst. 

13. Rajon Rondo
12. Russell Westbrook

Westbrook gets the edge only because he's still playing on his rookie contract ($9 million through next year). Meanwhile, Rondo may have replaced Gary Payton as the all-time Table Test guy: Has anyone in basketball history ever brought more things to the table and taken more stuff off the table? In Sunday's Miami win alone, he finished with a triple-double, demanded to cover LeBron and disrupted him for a couple of quarters … and in the last few minutes, Miami played 40 feet off him and dared him to win the game. In close games, Celtics fans are an emotional mess: We want Rondo to shoot, we don't want him to shoot, we don't know what the hell we want.

The enduring Rondo question: Does he get enough done in those first 44 minutes (routinely spectacular, consistently excellent) to offset the last four minutes (when his outside shooting, porous free throw shooting and fear of getting fouled become such major liabilities) and the strategic conundrums he inadvertently creates (like when smart teams leave Rondo alone and use his defender as a double-teamer/extra rebounder)? I honestly don't know the answer. I just know that, when he shoots the ball in a big spot, I want him to shoot it … but I'm always surprised when it goes in. That's why I couldn't nudge him past Westbrook or these next two guys.

sick.gif

Westbrook gets a half a sentence, and Rondo gets 2 damn paragraphs?  @#$% outta here.  That type of crap pisses me off.

As for the Manu part, I dunno, I still think I have Dumars ahead, but if Manu keeps it up, I could be wrong.  I just remember Dumars vs Mike so damn much.  That's tough to beat, ya know? 

But did this really go down?  Is even a shred of this true? 

20. Amare Stoudemire
I'd like to introduce a fake character called "Generic NBA Guy Who Knows Things," a distorted compilation of everyone in NBA circles who talks to me off the record. Here's GNGWNT on Amare these past four months:

October: "Amare is gonna have a big year. Huge, huge year. He likes the spotlight. New York will be good for him. He's dumb enough to think he's as big a star as LeBron or Wade. You need that attitude to succeed in New York."

November: "I told you!"

December: "D'Antoni is running Amare into the ground. His knees won't hold up. You don't write about coaches putting themselves above their players nearly enough, Simmons. D'Antoni is coaching for his next job; he doesn't care about Amare's availability in 2014. Did you see the Detroit game? Amare played 54 minutes in double-OT, then averaged 41 the next 10 games. And when his knees go, everyone will blame Dolan and Donnie for spending too much money on him."

January: "You see Amare's numbers this month? D'Antoni finally cut his minutes but it was too late -- his game went in the tank; 45 percent shooting? He hasn't been under 50 percent for an entire month since he was in junior high.

February: "I feel bad for Carmelo. He killed his legacy in Denver to get to the Knicks, and by the time he gets there, Amare will be cheering him on in $5,000 suits every night while D'Antoni is working for you guys on Friday nights arguing with Jon Barry. Mark my words, the MVP of the 2013 Knicks is going to be either Mozgov or Amare's tailor."

(And that concludes this week's episode of "Turd In The Knicks Fan Punch Bowl!" Don't blame me, blame Mike D'Antoni -- the guy who apparently forgot that Stoudemire's knees are so bad that the Knicks couldn't get his contract insured, then played him 576 minutes in 14 games over a four-week span. He hasn't been quite the same since. It's true.)

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Are his knees acting up for real????

I was wrong about Lamarcus as well.  I thought he was what he was, soft, and good for 17 and 8 for the next 8 years.  He's been awesome the last couple months.  Now I wonder how Roy is handling that. 
happy.gif

This is one of those things that makes me love Simmons and his writing

Evan Turner: Instead of mentioning Mount Bustmore (Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, Hasheem Thabeet and Adam Morrison) every time we wonder if a high lottery pick might be a draft bust, I thought it would be easier to rename those four guys Kwarko Beetison, who absolutely sounds like someone Chris Wallace would have drafted.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And this is Bill at his worst. 

13. Rajon Rondo
12. Russell Westbrook

Westbrook gets the edge only because he's still playing on his rookie contract ($9 million through next year). Meanwhile, Rondo may have replaced Gary Payton as the all-time Table Test guy: Has anyone in basketball history ever brought more things to the table and taken more stuff off the table? In Sunday's Miami win alone, he finished with a triple-double, demanded to cover LeBron and disrupted him for a couple of quarters … and in the last few minutes, Miami played 40 feet off him and dared him to win the game. In close games, Celtics fans are an emotional mess: We want Rondo to shoot, we don't want him to shoot, we don't know what the hell we want.

The enduring Rondo question: Does he get enough done in those first 44 minutes (routinely spectacular, consistently excellent) to offset the last four minutes (when his outside shooting, porous free throw shooting and fear of getting fouled become such major liabilities) and the strategic conundrums he inadvertently creates (like when smart teams leave Rondo alone and use his defender as a double-teamer/extra rebounder)? I honestly don't know the answer. I just know that, when he shoots the ball in a big spot, I want him to shoot it … but I'm always surprised when it goes in. That's why I couldn't nudge him past Westbrook or these next two guys.

sick.gif

Westbrook gets a half a sentence, and Rondo gets 2 damn paragraphs?  @#$% outta here.  That type of crap pisses me off.

As for the Manu part, I dunno, I still think I have Dumars ahead, but if Manu keeps it up, I could be wrong.  I just remember Dumars vs Mike so damn much.  That's tough to beat, ya know? 

But did this really go down?  Is even a shred of this true? 

20. Amare Stoudemire
I'd like to introduce a fake character called "Generic NBA Guy Who Knows Things," a distorted compilation of everyone in NBA circles who talks to me off the record. Here's GNGWNT on Amare these past four months:

October: "Amare is gonna have a big year. Huge, huge year. He likes the spotlight. New York will be good for him. He's dumb enough to think he's as big a star as LeBron or Wade. You need that attitude to succeed in New York."

November: "I told you!"

December: "D'Antoni is running Amare into the ground. His knees won't hold up. You don't write about coaches putting themselves above their players nearly enough, Simmons. D'Antoni is coaching for his next job; he doesn't care about Amare's availability in 2014. Did you see the Detroit game? Amare played 54 minutes in double-OT, then averaged 41 the next 10 games. And when his knees go, everyone will blame Dolan and Donnie for spending too much money on him."

January: "You see Amare's numbers this month? D'Antoni finally cut his minutes but it was too late -- his game went in the tank; 45 percent shooting? He hasn't been under 50 percent for an entire month since he was in junior high.

February: "I feel bad for Carmelo. He killed his legacy in Denver to get to the Knicks, and by the time he gets there, Amare will be cheering him on in $5,000 suits every night while D'Antoni is working for you guys on Friday nights arguing with Jon Barry. Mark my words, the MVP of the 2013 Knicks is going to be either Mozgov or Amare's tailor."

(And that concludes this week's episode of "Turd In The Knicks Fan Punch Bowl!" Don't blame me, blame Mike D'Antoni -- the guy who apparently forgot that Stoudemire's knees are so bad that the Knicks couldn't get his contract insured, then played him 576 minutes in 14 games over a four-week span. He hasn't been quite the same since. It's true.)

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Are his knees acting up for real????

Not really. They've kept him out of practices a lot this year as a precaution.

The thing that has bothered him lately is a sprained toe, and the only reason he's missed a game all year/thought about sitting out the AS game.

From everything I've seen he's the best conditioned and healthiest Knick, to be honest.

but, he does need his minutes cut back. not the guy you want to risk over extending.

Not really. They've kept him out of practices a lot this year as a precaution.

The thing that has bothered him lately is a sprained toe, and the only reason he's missed a game all year/thought about sitting out the AS game.

From everything I've seen he's the best conditioned and healthiest Knick, to be honest.

but, he does need his minutes cut back. not the guy you want to risk over extending.

Back
Top Bottom