OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

^What?! I didn't even know he got hurt!

That sucks. Hopefully he can make a speedy recovery, they need every bit of him if they want to keep in the Playoff hunt. Will they make a move now with him out? Rush to move OJ? Or just utilize him more?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Who the hell is going to play 3 for them? Xavier? Sam Young? Carroll?
Tony and Sam can log minutes between SG and SF. O.J. should then log minutes at SG and Xavier can get the leftover minutes.

Who the hell is going to play 3 for them? Xavier? Sam Young? Carroll?
Tony and Sam can log minutes between SG and SF. O.J. should then log minutes at SG and Xavier can get the leftover minutes.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Evans still scores in bunches and he's a much improved defender, but among starting point guards he ranks in the bottom five in true shooting percentage and is dead last in assist rate. His talent is undeniable, but he hasn't figured out how to use it within a team concept yet.

Considering he starts at SG, I don't know about comparing to starting PGs. Sounds like he hasn't watched a Kings game this year. But I agree with everything else. Hence, why the Kings need a major upgrade in PG for the future.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I would slide Tony Allen to the 3 and let OJ play 2. 
laugh.gif

Can TA really guard three's?
nerd.gif
Against Durant and Bron and bigger 3's, I don't know if he could hold his own. I've never thought of him as being capable of guarding forwards, but maybe I just don't know enough about his game.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Evans still scores in bunches and he's a much improved defender, but among starting point guards he ranks in the bottom five in true shooting percentage and is dead last in assist rate. His talent is undeniable, but he hasn't figured out how to use it within a team concept yet.

Considering he starts at SG, I don't know about comparing to starting PGs. Sounds like he hasn't watched a Kings game this year. But I agree with everything else. Hence, why the Kings need a major upgrade in PG for the future.

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
Against Durant and Bron and bigger 3's, I don't know if he could hold his own. I've never thought of him as being capable of guarding forwards, but maybe I just don't know enough about his game.

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

You must've missed the playoffs when he was guarding LeBron as well as a player could.
laugh.gif
 He also made Kevin Durant work for his 31 points (25 FGs) last week.

He's a natural SF despite being 6'4 anyways.

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

You must've missed the playoffs when he was guarding LeBron as well as a player could.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I thought it was moreso a joint effort guarding LeBron, and I always considered TA a lockdown defender of guards, and I knew he was kind of small.

I guess I don't give him enough credit because I still think he's a moron for busting his knee on a wide-open fastbreak. I just think a line-up of Conley/OJ/TA is thin.

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I thought it was moreso a joint effort guarding LeBron, and I always considered TA a lockdown defender of guards, and I knew he was kind of small.

I guess I don't give him enough credit because I still think he's a moron for busting his knee on a wide-open fastbreak. I just think a line-up of Conley/OJ/TA is thin.

@#$% is this dude laughin about? 
laugh.gif

Tony Allen was a damn MONSTER last year defending dudes.  It was one of the things that killed Simmons was Doc went all starters in the 4th quarter in game 7, Tony hardly got a chance to do anything.  And you can tell by the games Kobe has had against them this year, they miss Tony.  ALOT. 

He was subbin for both Ray and Paul last year, he can play both spots. 

Tony to me is a tweener like Posey is, only Posey is taller and slides between 3-4 while Allen goes 2-3. 

@#$% is this dude laughin about? 
laugh.gif

Tony Allen was a damn MONSTER last year defending dudes.  It was one of the things that killed Simmons was Doc went all starters in the 4th quarter in game 7, Tony hardly got a chance to do anything.  And you can tell by the games Kobe has had against them this year, they miss Tony.  ALOT. 

He was subbin for both Ray and Paul last year, he can play both spots. 

Tony to me is a tweener like Posey is, only Posey is taller and slides between 3-4 while Allen goes 2-3. 

I was laughing at OJ and TA starting together despite their debacle that went on earlier this year.

I have no doubts that he can guard dudes his size, it's just bigger forwards I'm curious about. But if yall think he can handle the three, I'll believe you.

I was laughing at OJ and TA starting together despite their debacle that went on earlier this year.

I have no doubts that he can guard dudes his size, it's just bigger forwards I'm curious about. But if yall think he can handle the three, I'll believe you.

Back
Top Bottom