OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Teams that need to be scrapped:

Charlotte
Toronto
Milwaukee
Sacramento
Memphis
New Orleans
Minnesota (Moves to Seattle)
wink.gif

Less teams will provide a better NBA product. OKC would be on this list, but it's too early for them after just arriving.
Yeah I don't think the NBA wants to scrap a top 4 market, the 9th most valuable (despite only 4 playoff appearances and 1 win) team and a consistently profitable franchise in the Raptors, thats what we would call ******ed. Why you lump us in with cities half the size of T.dot and a place that was recently hit by a hurricane is beyond me.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Picture this. LA vs mavs WCSF with the mavs having home court.
I don't care if they play all 7 games in Dallas, I don't see the Mavs beating them in a series.
I'm not saying the Mavs are going to do anything in the playoffs, but the Lakers look far from unbeatable...

Regular season cruise control and all that, I know... But something looks off. Last year, they would coast but they still looked like the best team in basketball... This one doesn't have that look right now for me.

I don't care if they play all 7 games in Dallas, I don't see the Mavs beating them in a series.
I'm not saying the Mavs are going to do anything in the playoffs, but the Lakers look far from unbeatable...

Regular season cruise control and all that, I know... But something looks off. Last year, they would coast but they still looked like the best team in basketball... This one doesn't have that look right now for me.

"Everything we do is obviously going to be compared to what we've done the last two seasons," guard Derek Fisher said. "But this is an entirely different team. Half of our roster is new, so there are still things we're learning about ourselves."

so is it ok for the for fisher to say this and get a pass, while everyone tries to !%@% on our heat team saying that we are making excuses about chemistry?.... 

"Everything we do is obviously going to be compared to what we've done the last two seasons," guard Derek Fisher said. "But this is an entirely different team. Half of our roster is new, so there are still things we're learning about ourselves."

so is it ok for the for fisher to say this and get a pass, while everyone tries to !%@% on our heat team saying that we are making excuses about chemistry?.... 

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

See, a ton of people say this, and they should have every right to...

BUT.

The Mavericks and Lakers have never met in the Playoffs. The Mavericks have ALWAYS played the Lakers well, and if we had home-court?

I think we could edge them. Favorites? No of course not, but the favorite doesn't win every series.

You guys suck in the playoffs regardless who has home court.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

See, a ton of people say this, and they should have every right to...

BUT.

The Mavericks and Lakers have never met in the Playoffs. The Mavericks have ALWAYS played the Lakers well, and if we had home-court?

I think we could edge them. Favorites? No of course not, but the favorite doesn't win every series.

You guys suck in the playoffs regardless who has home court.

YoungTriz wrote:

The difference being that we threw parades for winning, you guys threw parades for signing contracts. 

Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6..........

You absolutely can not complain one single bit about any flack your team takes.  At all. 

They talked ALL summer long, on and on and on, and when the games actually got started, they whoa whoa whoa, we need to gel, we need practice, we need our backups to help, etc etc etc. 

So yes, this is different.  Way different.

YoungTriz wrote:

The difference being that we threw parades for winning, you guys threw parades for signing contracts. 

Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6..........

You absolutely can not complain one single bit about any flack your team takes.  At all. 

They talked ALL summer long, on and on and on, and when the games actually got started, they whoa whoa whoa, we need to gel, we need practice, we need our backups to help, etc etc etc. 

So yes, this is different.  Way different.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

But But Phil doesn't care about the regular season.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Are you really this stupid, or you just try to be funny?  Which is it?  

Every @#$%^& time the Lakers lose a game, you show up.   We win, can't find you.  You better be PRAYING to God right this second that the Spurs win the championship.  And I mean, PRAY. 

PRAY.

Otherwise, say hi to OC for me. 

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

But But Phil doesn't care about the regular season.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Every @#$%^& time the Lakers lose a game, you show up.   We win, can't find you.  You better be PRAYING to God right this second that the Spurs win the championship.  And I mean, PRAY. 

PRAY.

Charlotte
Toronto
Milwaukee
Sacramento
Memphis
New Orleans
wink.gif

Less teams will provide a better NBA product. OKC would be on this list, but it's too early for them after just arriving.
I do not respect this list. Seems half-assed. 

Charlotte
Toronto
Milwaukee
Sacramento
Memphis
New Orleans
wink.gif

I do not respect this list. Seems half-assed. 

laugh.gif
the Heat are what, 1-6 against the top teams in the NBA? Last fan base that should be talking about another team struggling IMO.

With the Lakers, I think it's the same case as Boston last year. Except it's to a bigger extent with them. Three trips to the Finals in a row can certainly take a toll. I think they're just saving it for the postseason. I still say that no team can beat them in a seven game series.

If the Mavs get another scorer via a trade or Caron is really serious about being back for the playoffs...I may rethink that.

laugh.gif
the Heat are what, 1-6 against the top teams in the NBA? Last fan base that should be talking about another team struggling IMO.

With the Lakers, I think it's the same case as Boston last year. Except it's to a bigger extent with them. Three trips to the Finals in a row can certainly take a toll. I think they're just saving it for the postseason. I still say that no team can beat them in a seven game series.

If the Mavs get another scorer via a trade or Caron is really serious about being back for the playoffs...I may rethink that.

CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

PRAY.

Funny.
Just don't understand why Phil is upset. Could you explain the point of him being upset CP.
I'm not even in the same room as dude. LA has won the last two years and I'm still here. So stop it. NT is great.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

PRAY.

Funny.
Just don't understand why Phil is upset. Could you explain the point of him being upset CP.
I'm not even in the same room as dude. LA has won the last two years and I'm still here. So stop it. NT is great.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Back
Top Bottom