OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Working his way up there, yes. Up there now, no way.

Thought this was cool/funny:

Dennis (Toronto)

Which current NBA'er would make the best MMA fighter?

David Thorpe (12:44 PM)

Griffin would be great. But the toughest guy in this league is still Udonis Haslem. Did you read how he wanted to be in Cleveland with his team, despite being on one leg? If something "went down", he'd be the first guy LeBron ran behind.

Leo is close man... That man hasn't made a bad movie since 2002 IMO...

Gangs
Departed
Catch Me if You Can
Aviator
Blood Diamond
Inception

At the very least, he's on an epic all-time run of very good career decisions...

Chris Nolan is the best director going right now, too... Really, really wish he would just cave and take over Superman when they're done with the Batman series. Cap off Batman with a strong third installment and get out. Don't linger with it.

Anybody seen Black Swan? Best Actress is wrapped up, I think... Aronofski does some great work, too.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Gangs
Departed
Catch Me if You Can
Aviator
Blood Diamond
Inception

At the very least, he's on an epic all-time run of very good career decisions...

Chris Nolan is the best director going right now, too... Really, really wish he would just cave and take over Superman when they're done with the Batman series. Cap off Batman with a strong third installment and get out. Don't linger with it.

Anybody seen Black Swan? Best Actress is wrapped up, I think... Aronofski does some great work, too.

Ya know, I tried, and I could just not get thru Gangs. 
ohwell.gif
  Serious, I was 45 minutes in and falling asleep nonstop.  I own it, I just can't get thru it. 
laugh.gif
  I need to try again. 

I assume you speakin on Portman?  That chick is so God damn needed in my life.  
laugh.gif
  Love the wife, but she'd have to move on if Natalie moved near by. 
roll.gif
 Jennifer Garner too for that matter.  Either/or and the wife hits the bricks. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nolan need to find a spot for Leo in bat 3, and I think Snyder will do fine with Superman, just having Nolan's input will be a major help.  And Snyder isn't exactly a bum ya know? 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Gangs
Departed
Catch Me if You Can
Aviator
Blood Diamond
Inception

Ya know, I tried, and I could just not get thru Gangs. 
ohwell.gif
  Serious, I was 45 minutes in and falling asleep nonstop.  I own it, I just can't get thru it. 
laugh.gif
  I need to try again. 

I assume you speakin on Portman?  That chick is so God damn needed in my life.  
laugh.gif
  Love the wife, but she'd have to move on if Natalie moved near by. 
roll.gif
 Jennifer Garner too for that matter.  Either/or and the wife hits the bricks. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nolan need to find a spot for Leo in bat 3, and I think Snyder will do fine with Superman, just having Nolan's input will be a major help.  And Snyder isn't exactly a bum ya know? 

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Is Carmelo Anthony the most overrated player in the league? Seriously.
i think so, dude were just saying he will be an all star this year...

How you figure?? He is pretty much unstoppable offensively....there is no1 that can guard that man. Seriously.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Is Carmelo Anthony the most overrated player in the league? Seriously.
i think so, dude were just saying he will be an all star this year...

How you figure?? He is pretty much unstoppable offensively....there is no1 that can guard that man. Seriously.

The first scene in Gangs is an all-timer for me...

And yeah, I mean Portman... She did her thing. So did Vincent Cassel...

And yeah, I think Snyder will be fine... Nolan is just on a whole other level and there hasn't been a great Superman movie ever, really... If these two can't make it work, it's time to dead Superman forever.

The first scene in Gangs is an all-timer for me...

And yeah, I mean Portman... She did her thing. So did Vincent Cassel...

And yeah, I think Snyder will be fine... Nolan is just on a whole other level and there hasn't been a great Superman movie ever, really... If these two can't make it work, it's time to dead Superman forever.

leo needs to do more work to be better than deniro, pacino, jack, brando, depp, daniel day lewis. can't crown him yet.

there aren't many iconic characters that leo made his own. his best jobs to me came when he was young. he was robbed for what's eating gilbert grape. that should have been an obvious oscar. i thought he was excellent in the basketball diaries. he is always great but he needs to do more character driven movies. then again it's not always his fault. he was great in the aviator but that movie was average. he was great in blood diamond but it's just another movie.

he doesn't have many classic movies to me. inception is overrated and not as deep as people like to say it is. i thought shutter island was MUCH better, and his performance was great.

i mean look at the characters that these actors will be identified with forever, and show me where leo's roles and movies stack up.

Brando- Terry Malloy (on the waterfront), colonel kurtz, vito corleone

pacino- michael corleone, serpico, tony montana, sonny (dog day afternoon)

depp- Edward scissorhands, donnie brasco, Hunter S. Thompson

chrity brown (my left foot), bill the butcher, Daniel plainview, Jim Sheridan (in the name of the father)

jack nicholson- the joker, jack torrance, J.J. Gittes (chinatown), McMurphy (one flew over the ****oos nest)

not even gonna bother writing deniro because his resume is obvious

he made his money. now it's time to take on some unconventional roles

leo needs to do more work to be better than deniro, pacino, jack, brando, depp, daniel day lewis. can't crown him yet.

there aren't many iconic characters that leo made his own. his best jobs to me came when he was young. he was robbed for what's eating gilbert grape. that should have been an obvious oscar. i thought he was excellent in the basketball diaries. he is always great but he needs to do more character driven movies. then again it's not always his fault. he was great in the aviator but that movie was average. he was great in blood diamond but it's just another movie.

he doesn't have many classic movies to me. inception is overrated and not as deep as people like to say it is. i thought shutter island was MUCH better, and his performance was great.

i mean look at the characters that these actors will be identified with forever, and show me where leo's roles and movies stack up.

chrity brown (my left foot), bill the butcher, Daniel plainview, Jim Sheridan (in the name of the father)

jack nicholson- the joker, jack torrance, J.J. Gittes (chinatown), McMurphy (one flew over the ****oos nest)

Leo is incredibly talented, has had some tremendous performances, and will continue to get better. But he's too young to be crowned anything just yet, he needs to amass a legacy of great roles to be in that elite company.

Leo is incredibly talented, has had some tremendous performances, and will continue to get better. But he's too young to be crowned anything just yet, he needs to amass a legacy of great roles to be in that elite company.

Originally Posted by JD617

there is no1 that can guard that man. Seriously.
There is also no1 that man can guard. Seriously.
All I'm saying is for the amount of hype Durant has gotten in here, I think Melo is the better player. They pretty much do the same things on the court except Melo has superb abilities in the post because of his size combined with his quickness.

All I'm saying is for the amount of hype Durant has gotten in here, I think Melo is the better player. They pretty much do the same things on the court except Melo has superb abilities in the post because of his size combined with his quickness.

Originally Posted by DubA169

"I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go".  Bluuub blluuup.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Like I said though, if those 3-4 movies he's attached too come out, his star will be
eek.gif

And overrated Inception? 
ohwell.gif
  Huh?  But i agree, I liked Shudder a lot more then others I know.  I thought it was excellent. 

I have forever wished he woulda taken American Physco when it was offered too him.  Doin that right after Titanic would have really opened some eyes.  @#$% it got my attention just the fact he was RUMORED for the role. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

"I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go".  Bluuub blluuup.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Like I said though, if those 3-4 movies he's attached too come out, his star will be
eek.gif

And overrated Inception? 
ohwell.gif
  Huh?  But i agree, I liked Shudder a lot more then others I know.  I thought it was excellent. 

I have forever wished he woulda taken American Physco when it was offered too him.  Doin that right after Titanic would have really opened some eyes.  @#$% it got my attention just the fact he was RUMORED for the role. 

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

As said before...
Durant's 2009-2010 was better than any of Melo's.

Explain this.

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

As said before...
Durant's 2009-2010 was better than any of Melo's.

Explain this.

inception is visually stunning and an all around good movie, but it doesn't have too much depth. i went into the movie expecting a psychological thriller and instead I got an action movie. that's my own fault, i shouldn't have walked into the movie with expectations. felt like i was playing call of duty during the snow scene. the action scenes seemed unnecessary in general. i thought the movie would be more about identity, reality and perception. the movie only touched on these themes.

memento>inception

i had no idea he was up for american psycho. i agree that would have been amazing to see after titanic. i guess titanic is a classic to some people. i saw it in theaters and enjoyed it, never hated on him for the "pretty boy" thing. catch me if you can is also underrated. he has a good body of work. he's my favorite actor of this generation, but he needs to have his own unquestionable classic.

Back
Top Bottom