OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Is Carmelo Anthony the most overrated player in the league? Seriously.

Last spring, half of NT was calling him a top 5 player in the league, so I'm gonna say yes.

Last spring, half of NT was calling him a top 5 player in the league, so I'm gonna say yes.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

heathaters.png

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Perfect with that pic...
laugh.gif

He's playing with like 17% interest level in Denver.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Kevin-Durant-Knows-Where-Amazing-Happens-595x446.jpg

LeBron's ego started rear its ugly head when he was wearing those terrible MVP and Check My $tats tees. Maybe more of the same? I kid.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif
I NEEEEEEEEEDDDD THIS SHIRT
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
screw the shirt . Info on the chick
glasses.gif
devil.gif

LeBron's ego started rear its ugly head when he was wearing those terrible MVP and Check My $tats tees. Maybe more of the same? I kid.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
glasses.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

He was wildly overrated even before this season though.

Exactly. He's been consistently rated as a top 5-10 player in the L, but at no point in his career has he ever played like one. What does he do particularly great, aside from score?
Defense isn't fundamentally sound, nor does he play with any effort.

Rebounding is average, but he's been better this year. Still, it's only been 20 games so could be fluky.

Passing and playmaking is poor, especially for a 3 that plays on the perimeter.  Usually averages about as many turnovers as assists. 
sick.gif

And even his scoring is overrated, people/analysts have called him the best scorer in the league which is a joke. 

He's a good player no doubt. Great player though? False. Efficiency and all around game are just not there.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by JD617

He was wildly overrated even before this season though.

Exactly. He's been consistently rated as a top 5-10 player in the L, but at no point in his career has he ever played like one. What does he do particularly great, aside from score?
Defense isn't fundamentally sound, nor does he play with any effort.

Rebounding is average, but he's been better this year. Still, it's only been 20 games so could be fluky.

Passing and playmaking is poor, especially for a 3 that plays on the perimeter.  Usually averages about as many turnovers as assists. 
sick.gif

And even his scoring is overrated, people/analysts have called him the best scorer in the league which is a joke. 

He's a good player no doubt. Great player though? False. Efficiency and all around game are just not there.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by KenJi714

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
glasses.gif
devil.gif

Well, she's getting Durantulered.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
glasses.gif
devil.gif

Well, she's getting Durantulered.

I like how Wall is just quietly doing his thing. He was all the talk after his first game then everyone jumped on the Griffin chain. But my guy is still putting up 17 and 9.

I like how Wall is just quietly doing his thing. He was all the talk after his first game then everyone jumped on the Griffin chain. But my guy is still putting up 17 and 9.

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Make thaaaaaaaat, ten straight.
pimp.gif

Mavericks feeling like Goldberg in this joint, who's next?
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Easy game VS New Jersey upcoming too, then a fun game against Utah again.

It'll be nice to have some home-cookin'.

17-4.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Getting cocky I see

No, it's just December.  Dallas fans always feel special in December.  

Melo is checked out guys.  Bottom line.  Actin like he isn't a good player now because he's "not all there" at the moment? 
grin.gif

He'll be fine once he gets to whatever team/situation he wants to get too. 

Inception. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Make thaaaaaaaat, ten straight.
pimp.gif

Mavericks feeling like Goldberg in this joint, who's next?
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Easy game VS New Jersey upcoming too, then a fun game against Utah again.

It'll be nice to have some home-cookin'.

17-4.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Getting cocky I see

No, it's just December.  Dallas fans always feel special in December.  

Melo is checked out guys.  Bottom line.  Actin like he isn't a good player now because he's "not all there" at the moment? 
grin.gif

He'll be fine once he gets to whatever team/situation he wants to get too. 

Inception. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Just so I'm clear, our trend this month is Melo is overrated?

Cool.

http://[h3]
[h3]Cavs still listening to Scott?[/h3]
10:24AM ET

[h5]Byron Scott | Cavaliers [/h5]

On the same day Cavaliers head coach Byron Scott admitted he began drinking beer as a member of the expansion Vancouver Grizzlies because he could not handle all the losing, the team went out and got clobbered by the 76ers 117-97.

Scott believes that season with the Grizzlies taught him how to deal with losing, something he never had to do with the Lakers.

Scott was asked Tuesday after the game if the players were listening to him and he wasn't sure.

"I feel they hear me," he told The Plain Dealer. "Now the listening part I don't know. I think I was pretty loud and clear at halftime."

Daniel Gibson and Antawn Jamison insist the players have not tuned out their head coach.

"I'm listening to him," Jamison said. "Guys are listening to him as well. Let's be honest. It's not the coach."

"We definitely ride with everything Byron tells us," said Gibson. "He's in our corner, and we all are behind him. We have to go out there and do it."

The Cavaliers are now 7-14 after Tuesday's loss.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Amudson returns[/h3]
10:01AM ET

[h5]Louis Amundson | Warriors [/h5]

Louis Amundson felt he had missed enough time, with a finger injury, and on Tuesday he made his regular season debut for the Warriors.

"It's been a really tough couple of months, not being out there playing with the guys," Amundson told the San Francisco Chronicle. "Coming to a new team, you want to show what you've got and integrate with the fellows. You want to go through everything they're going through and help them win."

Amundson scored four points, grabbed one rebound and blocked two shots against Dallas.

He still has pins in the right index finger and they will be removed after the season or when he retires.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Babbitt sent to Idaho[/h3]
9:43AM ET

[h5]Luke Babbitt | Trail Blazers [/h5]

FanHouse reports the Blazers will assign rookie Luke Babbitt to the Idaho Stampede and he should play Wednesday against Dakota.

Babbit was the No. 16 pick in the 2010 draft. He has played in only eight games for Portland and is averaging 0.8 points and 0.5 rebounds.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Walker left game at wrong time[/h3]
9:34AM ET

[h5]Antoine Walker [/h5]

Antoine Walker spoke to the media in Idaho on Tuesday after he officially become a member of the Idaho Stampede. Walker, 34, is hoping he can return to the NBA.

"My dream is to play in the NBA. I left the game at the wrong time," Walker told the Idaho Statesman. "I want to leave the game on my own merit. ... This is the perfect stepping stone to see if I can still be competitive and play at that level."

Walker, who last played in the NBA during the 2007-08 season, is expected to play Wednesday against Dakota.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Audit shows Shinn's debt[/h3]
9:20AM ET

[h5]New Orleans Hornets [/h5]

The NBA announced Monday that the Hornets were being bought by the league from majority owner George Shinn and minority owner Gary Chouest.

Deadspin.com has obtained a copy of the club's financial data for 2008 and 2009 and on Tuesday released the information.

According to the website, the team had losses during those years after the long-term debt was factored into the equation. In November of 2009 Shinn owed about $35 millions to GIS of Nevada. During those two years Shinn had to use $8.8 million of his own money to keep the team running.

The league wants to keep the team in New Orleans. However, it will be very difficult to make a profit if the Hornets aren't extremely successful on the floor. Any prospective buyer will need to take a hard look at the books and determine if it is viable to keep the team in Louisiana.

Jac Sperling, who is running the team for the NBA, has a goal to keep the team from relocating, but most people around the league believe the Hornets' long-term future being in New Orleans is unlikely.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Yao's return up in the air[/h3]
8:00AM ET

[h5]Yao Ming | Rockets [/h5]

UPDATE No. 2: Yao's return is on hold. Trainer Keith Jones said the Rockets center will not practice for the rest of the week. The team wants the muscles around the ankle to get stronger before he can train again.

"I don't know yet," Yao told the Houston Chronicle after he was asked when he will play again. "There is no guarantee. I try. I'll try my best. I can guarantee that."

-- Nick Borges

----

UPDATE: Despite targeting Tuesday for a return, it's not going to happen for Yao.

According to Feigan, Yao didn't practice Monday and won't play Tuesday. He may return to practice Wednesday.

While it's a minor setback for now, it certainly doesn't help the perception that Yao's injury troubles are a thing of the present, not the past.

----

Yao Ming was already on a minutes limit this season as the Rockets were being cautious with his return from a foot injury -- one that kept him out all of last season.

But Ming suffered an ankle injury this season, and has missed Houston's last 10 games.

Yet, it looks like he may be back on the court relatively soon.

According to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle, Ming will participate in practice Thursday and is targeting a return this coming Tuesday against Detroit.

Considering Yao's health has been questionable for some time, it's likely how he responds in practice will determine whether he comes back against the Pistons or not.

And with the injuries piling up, some, such as ESPN's Chad Ford, are wondering if it's worth it for the Rockets -- despite their long history with the center -- to re-sign him in the offseason.

-- Ryan Corazza

ford_chad_30.jpg
[h5]ESPN's Chad Ford[/h5]
Will Rockets part with Yao?
"The big question will be whether the Rockets re-sign him this summer. Given his injury history and the way it's held up the franchise, it might be time to part ways. I love Darryl Morey, but I think his team has some fundamental problems that may require him to tear it apart soon. This just isn't working."
[/h3]

http://[h3]No surgery for Orton[/h3]
7:20AM ET

[h5]Daniel Orton | Magic [/h5]

UPDATE: Magic general manager Otis Smith tells the Orlando Sentinel that at this time, he doesn't think Orton will need surgery on his left knee.

"We're thinking right now that he can rehab it," Smith said.

According to the newspaper, Smith didn't rule out sending Orton back to the D-League at some point.

----

Magic rookie Daniel Orton re-injured his left knee on Saturday while playing for the New Mexico Thunderbirds.

"I grabbed a rebound and I turned and I kind of twisted my knee," Orton told the Orlando Sentinel Monday. "When I threw the ball, I heard kind of crack and I felt it, too. So, I just walked over to the bench and asked for a sub. And then I couldn't really bend it. It was really stiff on me after that."

Orton's knee didn't show any major structural damage after an MRI, but there could be some cartilage damage. Orton plans on going to Oklahoma to visit with his doctor who did the knee surgery back when the center was in high school.

There is the possibility he might need surgery, but Orton says that is "the very last option."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Rondo needs an extended break?[/h3]
7:03AM ET

[h5]Rajon Rondo | Celtics [/h5]

Rajon Rondo is suffering from a tender left hamstring and head coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com on Tuesday that his point guard may need an extended break.

"I just leave it up to [trainer] Eddie Lacerte," said Rivers. "[An extended break] may come at some point. I don't think it's a bad suggestion. It's been suggested already, I can tell you that. Eddie knows when it's close enough to play.

"The injury scares me. Both the foot and the hamstring. The foot is not the problem right now, but the hamstring can go from a pull to a tear. When you get the tear, you are talking two months so it's a tough little situation."

The foot issue that Rivers mentioned is plantar fasciitis and it is very painful.

Rondo is questionable for Wednesday's game against the Denver Nuggets.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Lopez making progress[/h3]
5:59AM ET

[h5]Robin Lopez | Suns [/h5]

Robin Lopez, recovering from left knee surgery, is now participating in one-on-one and two-on-two games and he could return to five-on-five action during practice next week.

"He's making progress, but he's still a couple weeks away," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told The Arizona Republic.

Lopez has missed 12 games so far and there will be some adjustments when he returns to the active roster.

"You've got to play some games before you get the timing and the feel back," Suns head coach Alvin Gentry said. "He looks fine in what he's done, but it's a whole different world when you start going out there and playing against guys and the cuts and the block-outs and the physical play."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Webster cleared[/h3]
5:37AM ET

[h5]Martell Webster | Timberwolves [/h5]

UPDATE: Webster met with the Wolves doctors and medical staff on Tuesday and according to the Pioneer Press, he was cleared to play for the first time this season.

He should activated against Oklahoma City on Wednesday or Detroit on Saturday.

----

Martell Webster, who had back surgery five weeks ago, practiced for the first time on Thursday and said he can actually stand up straight now. He hasn't been able to that since high school.

"My posture was bad, always had a little hunch in my back," Webster told the Star Tribune. "Everybody asked, 'Why you walk like that?' I don't know, that's the way I walked. I didn't feel anything then. It just was one of those wear-and-tear things that progressed and slowly got worse."

Webster isn't sure when he'll be activated, but said he feels great.

"With this one, I'm 100 percent confident just because I know how my body feels," Webster said. "I can judge it against my foot surgery and it's night and day. I feel great. My back feels fine. I don't have any soreness or stiffness, no pain."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Scary times for Delfino[/h3]
5:23AM ET

[h5]Carlos Delfino | Bucks [/h5]

Carlos Delfino has not played since the second game of the season when he was hit in the head during a collision with Indiana's Danny Granger. Delfino admitted Tuesday that it has been a "scary" time dealing with the concussion.

Delfino is about 90 percent recovered and won't return until he's 100 percent. Tuesday he was able to ride a stationary bike while the team practiced.

"It's frustrating because it's nothing you can control," Delfino told the Journal Sentinel. "It's not like a knee injury where you go and work and you lift weights. Here it's your brain, and every single thing you do, you're using your brain. I wasn't able to watch TV or read on the Internet or read books or even talk, because if I was talking I was having headaches. I had vertigo and dizziness."

Delfino will play with protective headgear when he finally comes back.

"I don't want to work out with that," Delfino said, "but it will be something useful for me. We know I'm going to wear it and it's going to help. But we don't know the date when I'm going to get back."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Record disappoints Heisley[/h3]
4:39AM ET

[h5]Memphis Grizzlies [/h5]

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley had predicted the team would make the playoffs before the season started. Their record -- 8-14 -- is actually one game worse than last season and that has left Heisley scratching his head.

"I don't know what's happening," Heisley told The Commercial-Appeal. "We're having a difficult time and I don't know what the reason for it is. I started the season with high hopes for the team. It's not living up to what I'd hope. I don't know what else to say. I've racked my brain trying to figure it out."

The Grizzlies have two open spots on the roster, but Heisley said there have been no discussions about making any moves, although that might happen if they don't improve.

"If this goes on for a long period of time we'll have to address something. Well have to take a look at what we need," Heisley said. "But making changes for change sake isn't the answer."

Just so I'm clear, our trend this month is Melo is overrated?

Cool.

http://[h3]
[h3]Cavs still listening to Scott?[/h3]
10:24AM ET

[h5]Byron Scott | Cavaliers [/h5]

On the same day Cavaliers head coach Byron Scott admitted he began drinking beer as a member of the expansion Vancouver Grizzlies because he could not handle all the losing, the team went out and got clobbered by the 76ers 117-97.

Scott believes that season with the Grizzlies taught him how to deal with losing, something he never had to do with the Lakers.

Scott was asked Tuesday after the game if the players were listening to him and he wasn't sure.

"I feel they hear me," he told The Plain Dealer. "Now the listening part I don't know. I think I was pretty loud and clear at halftime."

Daniel Gibson and Antawn Jamison insist the players have not tuned out their head coach.

"I'm listening to him," Jamison said. "Guys are listening to him as well. Let's be honest. It's not the coach."

"We definitely ride with everything Byron tells us," said Gibson. "He's in our corner, and we all are behind him. We have to go out there and do it."

The Cavaliers are now 7-14 after Tuesday's loss.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Amudson returns[/h3]
10:01AM ET

[h5]Louis Amundson | Warriors [/h5]

Louis Amundson felt he had missed enough time, with a finger injury, and on Tuesday he made his regular season debut for the Warriors.

"It's been a really tough couple of months, not being out there playing with the guys," Amundson told the San Francisco Chronicle. "Coming to a new team, you want to show what you've got and integrate with the fellows. You want to go through everything they're going through and help them win."

Amundson scored four points, grabbed one rebound and blocked two shots against Dallas.

He still has pins in the right index finger and they will be removed after the season or when he retires.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Babbitt sent to Idaho[/h3]
9:43AM ET

[h5]Luke Babbitt | Trail Blazers [/h5]

FanHouse reports the Blazers will assign rookie Luke Babbitt to the Idaho Stampede and he should play Wednesday against Dakota.

Babbit was the No. 16 pick in the 2010 draft. He has played in only eight games for Portland and is averaging 0.8 points and 0.5 rebounds.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Walker left game at wrong time[/h3]
9:34AM ET

[h5]Antoine Walker [/h5]

Antoine Walker spoke to the media in Idaho on Tuesday after he officially become a member of the Idaho Stampede. Walker, 34, is hoping he can return to the NBA.

"My dream is to play in the NBA. I left the game at the wrong time," Walker told the Idaho Statesman. "I want to leave the game on my own merit. ... This is the perfect stepping stone to see if I can still be competitive and play at that level."

Walker, who last played in the NBA during the 2007-08 season, is expected to play Wednesday against Dakota.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Audit shows Shinn's debt[/h3]
9:20AM ET

[h5]New Orleans Hornets [/h5]

The NBA announced Monday that the Hornets were being bought by the league from majority owner George Shinn and minority owner Gary Chouest.

Deadspin.com has obtained a copy of the club's financial data for 2008 and 2009 and on Tuesday released the information.

According to the website, the team had losses during those years after the long-term debt was factored into the equation. In November of 2009 Shinn owed about $35 millions to GIS of Nevada. During those two years Shinn had to use $8.8 million of his own money to keep the team running.

The league wants to keep the team in New Orleans. However, it will be very difficult to make a profit if the Hornets aren't extremely successful on the floor. Any prospective buyer will need to take a hard look at the books and determine if it is viable to keep the team in Louisiana.

Jac Sperling, who is running the team for the NBA, has a goal to keep the team from relocating, but most people around the league believe the Hornets' long-term future being in New Orleans is unlikely.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Yao's return up in the air[/h3]
8:00AM ET

[h5]Yao Ming | Rockets [/h5]

UPDATE No. 2: Yao's return is on hold. Trainer Keith Jones said the Rockets center will not practice for the rest of the week. The team wants the muscles around the ankle to get stronger before he can train again.

"I don't know yet," Yao told the Houston Chronicle after he was asked when he will play again. "There is no guarantee. I try. I'll try my best. I can guarantee that."

-- Nick Borges

----

UPDATE: Despite targeting Tuesday for a return, it's not going to happen for Yao.

According to Feigan, Yao didn't practice Monday and won't play Tuesday. He may return to practice Wednesday.

While it's a minor setback for now, it certainly doesn't help the perception that Yao's injury troubles are a thing of the present, not the past.

----

Yao Ming was already on a minutes limit this season as the Rockets were being cautious with his return from a foot injury -- one that kept him out all of last season.

But Ming suffered an ankle injury this season, and has missed Houston's last 10 games.

Yet, it looks like he may be back on the court relatively soon.

According to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle, Ming will participate in practice Thursday and is targeting a return this coming Tuesday against Detroit.

Considering Yao's health has been questionable for some time, it's likely how he responds in practice will determine whether he comes back against the Pistons or not.

And with the injuries piling up, some, such as ESPN's Chad Ford, are wondering if it's worth it for the Rockets -- despite their long history with the center -- to re-sign him in the offseason.

-- Ryan Corazza

ford_chad_30.jpg
[h5]ESPN's Chad Ford[/h5]
Will Rockets part with Yao?
"The big question will be whether the Rockets re-sign him this summer. Given his injury history and the way it's held up the franchise, it might be time to part ways. I love Darryl Morey, but I think his team has some fundamental problems that may require him to tear it apart soon. This just isn't working."
[/h3]

http://[h3]No surgery for Orton[/h3]
7:20AM ET

[h5]Daniel Orton | Magic [/h5]

UPDATE: Magic general manager Otis Smith tells the Orlando Sentinel that at this time, he doesn't think Orton will need surgery on his left knee.

"We're thinking right now that he can rehab it," Smith said.

According to the newspaper, Smith didn't rule out sending Orton back to the D-League at some point.

----

Magic rookie Daniel Orton re-injured his left knee on Saturday while playing for the New Mexico Thunderbirds.

"I grabbed a rebound and I turned and I kind of twisted my knee," Orton told the Orlando Sentinel Monday. "When I threw the ball, I heard kind of crack and I felt it, too. So, I just walked over to the bench and asked for a sub. And then I couldn't really bend it. It was really stiff on me after that."

Orton's knee didn't show any major structural damage after an MRI, but there could be some cartilage damage. Orton plans on going to Oklahoma to visit with his doctor who did the knee surgery back when the center was in high school.

There is the possibility he might need surgery, but Orton says that is "the very last option."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Rondo needs an extended break?[/h3]
7:03AM ET

[h5]Rajon Rondo | Celtics [/h5]

Rajon Rondo is suffering from a tender left hamstring and head coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com on Tuesday that his point guard may need an extended break.

"I just leave it up to [trainer] Eddie Lacerte," said Rivers. "[An extended break] may come at some point. I don't think it's a bad suggestion. It's been suggested already, I can tell you that. Eddie knows when it's close enough to play.

"The injury scares me. Both the foot and the hamstring. The foot is not the problem right now, but the hamstring can go from a pull to a tear. When you get the tear, you are talking two months so it's a tough little situation."

The foot issue that Rivers mentioned is plantar fasciitis and it is very painful.

Rondo is questionable for Wednesday's game against the Denver Nuggets.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Lopez making progress[/h3]
5:59AM ET

[h5]Robin Lopez | Suns [/h5]

Robin Lopez, recovering from left knee surgery, is now participating in one-on-one and two-on-two games and he could return to five-on-five action during practice next week.

"He's making progress, but he's still a couple weeks away," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told The Arizona Republic.

Lopez has missed 12 games so far and there will be some adjustments when he returns to the active roster.

"You've got to play some games before you get the timing and the feel back," Suns head coach Alvin Gentry said. "He looks fine in what he's done, but it's a whole different world when you start going out there and playing against guys and the cuts and the block-outs and the physical play."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Webster cleared[/h3]
5:37AM ET

[h5]Martell Webster | Timberwolves [/h5]

UPDATE: Webster met with the Wolves doctors and medical staff on Tuesday and according to the Pioneer Press, he was cleared to play for the first time this season.

He should activated against Oklahoma City on Wednesday or Detroit on Saturday.

----

Martell Webster, who had back surgery five weeks ago, practiced for the first time on Thursday and said he can actually stand up straight now. He hasn't been able to that since high school.

"My posture was bad, always had a little hunch in my back," Webster told the Star Tribune. "Everybody asked, 'Why you walk like that?' I don't know, that's the way I walked. I didn't feel anything then. It just was one of those wear-and-tear things that progressed and slowly got worse."

Webster isn't sure when he'll be activated, but said he feels great.

"With this one, I'm 100 percent confident just because I know how my body feels," Webster said. "I can judge it against my foot surgery and it's night and day. I feel great. My back feels fine. I don't have any soreness or stiffness, no pain."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Scary times for Delfino[/h3]
5:23AM ET

[h5]Carlos Delfino | Bucks [/h5]

Carlos Delfino has not played since the second game of the season when he was hit in the head during a collision with Indiana's Danny Granger. Delfino admitted Tuesday that it has been a "scary" time dealing with the concussion.

Delfino is about 90 percent recovered and won't return until he's 100 percent. Tuesday he was able to ride a stationary bike while the team practiced.

"It's frustrating because it's nothing you can control," Delfino told the Journal Sentinel. "It's not like a knee injury where you go and work and you lift weights. Here it's your brain, and every single thing you do, you're using your brain. I wasn't able to watch TV or read on the Internet or read books or even talk, because if I was talking I was having headaches. I had vertigo and dizziness."

Delfino will play with protective headgear when he finally comes back.

"I don't want to work out with that," Delfino said, "but it will be something useful for me. We know I'm going to wear it and it's going to help. But we don't know the date when I'm going to get back."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Record disappoints Heisley[/h3]
4:39AM ET

[h5]Memphis Grizzlies [/h5]

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley had predicted the team would make the playoffs before the season started. Their record -- 8-14 -- is actually one game worse than last season and that has left Heisley scratching his head.

"I don't know what's happening," Heisley told The Commercial-Appeal. "We're having a difficult time and I don't know what the reason for it is. I started the season with high hopes for the team. It's not living up to what I'd hope. I don't know what else to say. I've racked my brain trying to figure it out."

The Grizzlies have two open spots on the roster, but Heisley said there have been no discussions about making any moves, although that might happen if they don't improve.

"If this goes on for a long period of time we'll have to address something. Well have to take a look at what we need," Heisley said. "But making changes for change sake isn't the answer."

i think this one is more appropriate

39025040.jpg

also

There is reason to believe that the NBA is looking into thepossibility of moving the Hornets to Kansas City, a league source toldSam Amick of FanHouse.
The Sprint Center was built in Kansas City just three years ago. The NBA is following through with plans to take ownership of theHornets, who will become the first team ever to be owned by the league.

would much rather have the supersonics

Back
Top Bottom