OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

The hell is going on in here?! 
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
n4gp6g.jpg

Originally Posted by CP1708

Legacy Era is dead on paperback for a couple months, ain't tryna pay 25 bucks for hard covers, so I stopped mid way and just started Bane.  WAY more my scene.  I hate the friggin vaginal Jedi dudes.  Bunch of Vince Carters.  All in touch with their feelings and @#$%.  Sensitive type folk, dudes like Obi Wan tryna be nice and not kill dudes, leaves that guy all crispy, thinkin he can't harm nobody no more, yeah how'd that work out for the galaxy for the next 2 decades ol' wise one? 
laugh.gif
  Sith is where it's at. 
pimp.gif
  Move people around like chess peices, kill em all when you feel like it. 

embarassed.gif

Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't be saying this out loud. 
laugh.gif

Yeah, that's the nature of the Jedi - and it's why those fools got wiped the +*+# out.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  Playing as a sith in KOTOR and KOTOR 2 > *.

Legacy Era is dead on paperback for a couple months, ain't tryna pay 25 bucks for hard covers, so I stopped mid way and just started Bane.  WAY more my scene.  I hate the friggin vaginal Jedi dudes.  Bunch of Vince Carters.  All in touch with their feelings and @#$%.  Sensitive type folk, dudes like Obi Wan tryna be nice and not kill dudes, leaves that guy all crispy, thinkin he can't harm nobody no more, yeah how'd that work out for the galaxy for the next 2 decades ol' wise one? 
laugh.gif
  Sith is where it's at. 
pimp.gif
  Move people around like chess peices, kill em all when you feel like it. 

embarassed.gif

Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't be saying this out loud. 
laugh.gif

Yeah, that's the nature of the Jedi - and it's why those fools got wiped the +*+# out.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  Playing as a sith in KOTOR and KOTOR 2 > *.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I still need to read Bill Simmon's book 
30t6p3b.gif
... CP gave me that link a whileee back.

Just finished Season 4 by the way CP... wowwwww at Trinity's last kill. He won... he did a great job in that role. Finally Deb made the connection with the last name 'Moser' like I was talking about in that PM I sent you
laugh.gif

Season 5 just may top season 4. 
nerd.gif
  I been sayin for a few weeks, Jordan Chase > Trinity. 

And Deb just gettin started bein smart.  Sidenote, season 6 is officially picked up, luck of the draw if they keep goin to season 7 etc etc. 

Now, on to business, hold up........Simmons is FULL of @#$%.  He loved Durant, yes, but he was ALL OVER Oden bein #1.  He said a few times he was fearful of Durant, but Oden types won championships, Defense, all that nonsense.  Now he actin like he KNEW Durant from jump, and then says the Celtics GM thought the same?  @#$% you Simmons you lyin @#$ ^%$#@.  Show me pics of the Sports Gal and I'll forget we ever talked about this.  
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Pretty sure the caveat was Oden being healthy. Even Simmons wouldn't deny at the time that a 100% Oden would be a dangerous player. But he also was one of few sportswriters to point out the red flags, both in regards to health and attitude (not being fully invested in basketball). That's what he was worried about. Durant was the sure thing, Oden was a sure thing if he could stay healthy (or at least not move around like a 50-year-old man). Anyway, Ainge was going to take Durant because he already had a big man for the future. Imagine Rondo-Jefferson-Durant. Sonics also were going to take Durant if they had the #1.

30t6p3b.gif

Just finished Season 4 by the way CP... wowwwww at Trinity's last kill. He won... he did a great job in that role. Finally Deb made the connection with the last name 'Moser' like I was talking about in that PM I sent you
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

And Deb just gettin started bein smart.  Sidenote, season 6 is officially picked up, luck of the draw if they keep goin to season 7 etc etc. 

Now, on to business, hold up........Simmons is FULL of @#$%.  He loved Durant, yes, but he was ALL OVER Oden bein #1.  He said a few times he was fearful of Durant, but Oden types won championships, Defense, all that nonsense.  Now he actin like he KNEW Durant from jump, and then says the Celtics GM thought the same?  @#$% you Simmons you lyin @#$ ^%$#@.  Show me pics of the Sports Gal and I'll forget we ever talked about this.  
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Pretty sure the caveat was Oden being healthy. Even Simmons wouldn't deny at the time that a 100% Oden would be a dangerous player. But he also was one of few sportswriters to point out the red flags, both in regards to health and attitude (not being fully invested in basketball). That's what he was worried about. Durant was the sure thing, Oden was a sure thing if he could stay healthy (or at least not move around like a 50-year-old man). Anyway, Ainge was going to take Durant because he already had a big man for the future. Imagine Rondo-Jefferson-Durant. Sonics also were going to take Durant if they had the #1.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
roll.gif

Man, I know I seen those old articles a year or so ago, that dude was all about Oden.  You readin that article today is what's tellin you he was worried about Oden. 

Now, getting closer to the draft he may have been scared off a tad, yes, but right after that championship game, he was Team Oden like no other.  (not to mention Durant getting knocked out round 1)  Bill is full of it. 

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
roll.gif

Man, I know I seen those old articles a year or so ago, that dude was all about Oden.  You readin that article today is what's tellin you he was worried about Oden. 

Now, getting closer to the draft he may have been scared off a tad, yes, but right after that championship game, he was Team Oden like no other.  (not to mention Durant getting knocked out round 1)  Bill is full of it. 

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
roll.gif

Nah, he was on the Durant bandwagon pretty early. As was anyone who saw him put up 37 and 24 or 25 against Texas Tech that year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070629

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
roll.gif

Nah, he was on the Durant bandwagon pretty early. As was anyone who saw him put up 37 and 24 or 25 against Texas Tech that year.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
roll.gif

Uh huh, like I said, right up to the draft he may have wavered, however, before the draft, he was ALL ABOUT ODEN. 

No GM has the testicular fortitude to pass up a potential superstar center, not even for someone as potentially game-changing as Durant. If you want to compete from now until 2020, take Oden. Simple
  This was just one of the quotes he gave, I'm still looking for the mailbag (I think it was mailbag that he slobbered all over Oden for about 1,000 words)

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
roll.gif

Uh huh, like I said, right up to the draft he may have wavered, however, before the draft, he was ALL ABOUT ODEN. 

No GM has the testicular fortitude to pass up a potential superstar center, not even for someone as potentially game-changing as Durant. If you want to compete from now until 2020, take Oden. Simple
  This was just one of the quotes he gave, I'm still looking for the mailbag (I think it was mailbag that he slobbered all over Oden for about 1,000 words)

Back
Top Bottom