OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Get Radmanovic out of town!

I hate him. I really do.

I still can't believe I would argue back and forth with some guy telling me Radman was a good bball player.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Get Radmanovic out of town!

I hate him. I really do.

I still can't believe I would argue back and forth with some guy telling me Radman was a good bball player.

roll.gif

I can't wait until Mayo gets traded... He shouldn't be coming off the bench. I understand with the amount of scorers on that team & players who need the ball in the starting lineup why he would accept that role, but put him on another team & he's a good 2nd option on the starting lineup.

I can't wait until Mayo gets traded... He shouldn't be coming off the bench. I understand with the amount of scorers on that team & players who need the ball in the starting lineup why he would accept that role, but put him on another team & he's a good 2nd option on the starting lineup.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Nope.
Remember he's worse than Eric Gordon.
pimp.gif

Honestly though, there is no reason to trade him if he accepts his role as a true 6th man. We need him more in that mold that anything. We aren't about to continually get beat up in the backcourt and have a weak bench. I can finally say that Hollins is making adjustments.

-Took Acie Law minutes away and gave them to Vasquez
-Gave DA more minutes (who's been playing great) and reduced Zach's
-TA has played a little more
-Thabeet hasn't seen the court
-OJ moved to the bench to help out our scoring

I hope it works out, but it will be dumb to just up and trade OJ if he's playing well as a reserve. AND, he didn't get BEAT out of his spot like most people think. The only trade proposals I've seen involving OJ is crap anyway. People offering James Johnson and a 1st. Nobody want that @%%%.
laugh.gif
 We need more guys like this in the league that won't cry about not being a starter. He realizes that he has terrible matchup problems defensively at SG.

Even if we did trade him to another team, where will other teams play him at? SG? What if the team has a small PG? Your backcourt will have the same exact problem.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Nope.
Remember he's worse than Eric Gordon.
pimp.gif

Honestly though, there is no reason to trade him if he accepts his role as a true 6th man. We need him more in that mold that anything. We aren't about to continually get beat up in the backcourt and have a weak bench. I can finally say that Hollins is making adjustments.

-Took Acie Law minutes away and gave them to Vasquez
-Gave DA more minutes (who's been playing great) and reduced Zach's
-TA has played a little more
-Thabeet hasn't seen the court
-OJ moved to the bench to help out our scoring

I hope it works out, but it will be dumb to just up and trade OJ if he's playing well as a reserve. AND, he didn't get BEAT out of his spot like most people think. The only trade proposals I've seen involving OJ is crap anyway. People offering James Johnson and a 1st. Nobody want that @%%%.
laugh.gif
 We need more guys like this in the league that won't cry about not being a starter. He realizes that he has terrible matchup problems defensively at SG.

Even if we did trade him to another team, where will other teams play him at? SG? What if the team has a small PG? Your backcourt will have the same exact problem.

From the Grizzlies standpoint, it's a good move for them having O.J. agreeing to come off the bench. Him off the bench for them is a big bonus bringing in scoring... Then with the starting unit, they seem more balanced.

If you look at it from O.J.'s standpoint, he's better off on another team. If he truely has no problem coming off the bench, then so be it. At the same time, I think he can find a starting job on another team. If Monta Ellis can be a 6-3 starter at SG, O.J. could do the same on another team.

It all depends on what side you're looking at.

From the Grizzlies standpoint, it's a good move for them having O.J. agreeing to come off the bench. Him off the bench for them is a big bonus bringing in scoring... Then with the starting unit, they seem more balanced.

If you look at it from O.J.'s standpoint, he's better off on another team. If he truely has no problem coming off the bench, then so be it. At the same time, I think he can find a starting job on another team. If Monta Ellis can be a 6-3 starter at SG, O.J. could do the same on another team.

It all depends on what side you're looking at.

Well, we knew he was going to be a project. He needs to get minutes or else, yeah, he is going to suck. 
laugh.gif

Well, we knew he was going to be a project. He needs to get minutes or else, yeah, he is going to suck. 
laugh.gif

Throwin this out there...

When a HOF coach in Popovich has two guys with Ring cred (Duncan/Ginobili) double teaming you every possession down the court... you know something's changed.

spurs_timberwolves_basketball-36660.largeslideshow.jpg

Throwin this out there...

When a HOF coach in Popovich has two guys with Ring cred (Duncan/Ginobili) double teaming you every possession down the court... you know something's changed.

spurs_timberwolves_basketball-36660.largeslideshow.jpg

I've yet to hear conclusively that, now that he's coming off the bench, O.J. Mayo -- widely presumed to be on the trading block after being offered to Golden State last season with Hasheem Thabeet in a deal for Monta Ellis -- has actually been made available by the Grizzlies.

The stronger suggestion you hear from the personnel grapevine these days is that Mayo is not available.

That can certainly change with about 90 days to go before the deadline and Memphis having committed more than $120 million to Rudy Gay and Mike Conley, which presumably doesn't leave much (if anything) for Mayo. Yet it can also be argued that the Grizzlies, who will have Mayo locked into a rookie contract through next season even if they don't offer him an extension between July 2011 and next Halloween, could simply opt to keep Mayo around until they're forced to make a decision on his future because of the favorable financial terms.

Disconcerting as it is to see him shooting 38.7 percent from the field and having earned just 31 attempts from the free throw line in 15 games, Mayo will make $4.45 million this season and $5.63 million next season.

The Grizz, furthermore, are clinging to hope that a move to a sixth-man role and the greater offensive freedom that potentially comes with it could restart Mayo's season if he embraces it.
Source

I've yet to hear conclusively that, now that he's coming off the bench, O.J. Mayo -- widely presumed to be on the trading block after being offered to Golden State last season with Hasheem Thabeet in a deal for Monta Ellis -- has actually been made available by the Grizzlies.

The stronger suggestion you hear from the personnel grapevine these days is that Mayo is not available.

That can certainly change with about 90 days to go before the deadline and Memphis having committed more than $120 million to Rudy Gay and Mike Conley, which presumably doesn't leave much (if anything) for Mayo. Yet it can also be argued that the Grizzlies, who will have Mayo locked into a rookie contract through next season even if they don't offer him an extension between July 2011 and next Halloween, could simply opt to keep Mayo around until they're forced to make a decision on his future because of the favorable financial terms.

Disconcerting as it is to see him shooting 38.7 percent from the field and having earned just 31 attempts from the free throw line in 15 games, Mayo will make $4.45 million this season and $5.63 million next season.

The Grizz, furthermore, are clinging to hope that a move to a sixth-man role and the greater offensive freedom that potentially comes with it could restart Mayo's season if he embraces it.
Source

Remember he's worse than Eric Gordon
i dont even like gordon but this year he is clear cut 100% better then OJ

OJ better accept the 6th man role because thats what his NBA career well be. i remember some of you fools on here calling him a baby kobe and future superstar

really?

Remember he's worse than Eric Gordon

OJ better accept the 6th man role because thats what his NBA career well be. i remember some of you fools on here calling him a baby kobe and future superstar

really?

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
That's part Thabeet and Hollins fault. I don't see Hollins being the right coach for him either. 

I just don't understand how you go from catching the ball at UCONN, to not being able to catch the ball.
laugh.gif

If it all comes down to it, I wonder what could OJ and Thabeet get us in terms of a package deal. I'm confident in Henry, he's just 19 yrs old and built like a veteran.
laugh.gif
 He reminds me a lot of a Battier in terms of being a poised rookie. Sure he will make his rookie mistakes, but at times he just doesn't look like rookie and moreso a solid veteran that's been in the league a good 6-7 yrs.

I would still prefer to keep OJ over Zbo anyday of the week though whether he comes off the bench or not. I'm also tired of hearing that OJ may be gone because the team has gave money to Conley and Rudy. The media should know by that now that Heisley isn't being cheap anymore and if he believes that a certain guy should be kept long-term, he will give them a contract. That could be good or bad (especially when dealing with Zach).

Gordon has. But, that's what happens when your only 1 of 2 players on the team that can actually score with their current lineup. Its just unfortunate for OJ to be in this situation. He's not just a 6th man either.

You can't go from almost winning ROY and going on 30+ point scoring sprees your rookie year to being a 6th man. The guy has it in him to be just as good or better as a Gordon in a system where he can get the ball. Gordon is taking a good 17-18 shots a game in LA, while OJ is taking 12-13 shots.

I always compared him to a shorter Mitch Ritchmond, never Kobe though.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom