OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

BTW, how stupid does the "Grizz don't need Rudy Gay" thing sound now?

The so called "ball stopper" probably would've put us in a better position to win that game down the stretch instead of OKC knowing we were going to Zbo or Marc down low.
laugh.gif
Maybe if he could stop Durant on defense. Give props to Nick Collison for doing a good job on Randolph at the end of the game too. I know everyone was tired, but Collison's hustle was appreciated.

The luxury of having Mayo and Gay for offense and Allen and Battier for defense is great tho.     

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe flourished under him because they were all in their prime under him.
This may be true. But don't forget, none of them won a ring before PJ showed up.

P Jax is the exact coach that Amar'e and Melo need.

And those saying Phil won't go to a team unless it's ready-made for a chip... You all really think the Knicks won't be ready to compete for a chip by 2012-13?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

If the Timberwolves cashed in and obtained the #1 OR #2 pick, and assuming Rubio gets over here by 2011, would Golden State ever do a Monta Ellis for Irving/D.Williams swap?

Even though I believe Irving could very well be a better player than Rubio, looking at both organization's rosters, it could benefit both teams.
Monta is more valuable than anyone in this draft.

No, they wouldn't.

And why would they want Irving, they LOVE Curry, and rightfully so.
The organization was willing to trade either players before the trade deadline last season. So "LOVE" might be a little overboard. Not sure why they would trade for Irving when they really need size in the front court. 

shuges is depends on the cap.

but amare,melo,Cp wouldn't be enough against the heat right now. we would still need size and depth

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe flourished under him because they were all in their prime under him.
This may be true. But don't forget, none of them won a ring before PJ showed up.

P Jax is the exact coach that Amar'e and Melo need.

And those saying Phil won't go to a team unless it's ready-made for a chip... You all really think the Knicks won't be ready to compete for a chip by 2012-13?

nerd.gif
Took Phil a few years before they won a ring, too (Scottie+MJ).

It was inevitable.

The worshiping the guy gets is sickening.

Sure, I have no problem saying he's the best coach of all-time.

But when they talk about Jordan and Shaq and co. not getting rings before Phil, they was gonna get them rings eventually anyways.

Mike Dunleavy Sr. could have coached some of those Bulls teams and they still would have won.

Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaq, and Scottie Pippen are the best things that ever happened to Phil Jackson, NOT the other way around.

If Phil Jackson woulda been coaching the Sonics back in the day, would GP and Kemp have rings? Eh, I doubt it.

MJ and Scottie would still be kicking +%% and taking names.

Just saying.

Same with Shaq and Kobe. Shaq was the most dominant player for quite a while. Pair that with Kobe? No one touching that in the early 2000s, with or without Phil.

IDGAF what the cap is gonna be.

I think the rules will be flexible enough where NY will still be able to make some moves.

Melo & Amar'e plus some other player (I don't think it will be CP3) + a more fleshed out bench.

[Animal Thug] POWER MOVES! [/Animal Thug]

The organization was willing to trade either players before the trade deadline last season. So "LOVE" might be a little overboard. Not sure why they would trade for Irving when they really need size in the front court.

Willing, maybe.

But for Kyrie fricking Irving? No.

And what in the hell is you talking about.

How does small Kyrie Irving help them with their size in the FRONT-COURT.
roll.gif

Willing, maybe.

But for Kyrie fricking Irving? No.

And what in the hell is you talking about.

How does small Kyrie Irving help them with their size in the FRONT-COURT.
roll.gif

Quoted so you can't edit.

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

JA you think the mavs could actually beat the heat if they end up in the chip?
Short-answer, yes.

Long-answer, yes. We size up with them pretty well. Plus we can bang down low with our bigs for 48 minutes, they can't. We got guys who can guard Bron and Wade. They don't got an answer for Dirk, and we've destroyed them in every single game since the 2006 Finals.

No, they weren't the same as this year, but we've killed the Heat twice this year too. They were 21-1 going into a game against us (that only loss we gave them), and we whooped their +#%!$ again.

We have a mental chip on our shoulder when we play them. We always come out to play.

Just like I was hungry to play the Lakers, I'm even hungrier to feast on them in the Finals.

JA, I think you should slooooooow down before you start goin off on Phil.  Yes he had great players, I don't think you realize the things that he did that nobody else did to allow those guys to learn and grow. 

Could they all have gotten a ring or two each?  Yes. 

11?  Not a chance in hell without Phil. 

NONE. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

JA, I think you should slooooooow down before you start goin off on Phil.  Yes he had great players, I don't think you realize the things that he did that nobody else did to allow those guys to learn and grow. 

NONE. 
Jordan was getting his 6, without a doubt in my eyes.

Kobe/Shaq were getting their three too. Shaq was too great.

I'll give them credit for these past two rings, that's all Phil right there.

But I'll say it again.

Phil needed Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe more than they needed him.

If Lenny Wilkins had those players, in that situation, you don't think he could get 11 rings?
grin.gif

No, you can cut those titles in half at least.  5 maybe 6 for the whole gang if not for Phil.  He's that good. 

shaq's lazyness might have killed the 3.. i think 1 or 2 would have happened, doubt the 3 though

jordan would have worn on teammates.. so i think they get 4, maybe 5.. not sure about all 6

JA just put Lenny Wilkins and Dunleavy in the same boat as Phil.

Dude is on that M. Night Shymalan drunk with power tip after the Mavs won.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'd be ecstatic if he was our coach, but isn't it safe to say Phil is past HIS prime? He's been in a comfort mode where he can sit back and has guys he can trust on the floor. He goes to a new spot, he has to overhaul everything to fit what he does. I don't know if he has the energy left for that.

I think so.. he makes no adjustments man. I've really disliked watching how he handled the Lakers the last 2 years even though they were successful.

Originally Posted by CP1708

NONE. 
Jordan was getting his 6, without a doubt in my eyes.

Kobe/Shaq were getting their three too. Shaq was too great.

I'll give them credit for these past two rings, that's all Phil right there.

But I'll say it again.

Phil needed Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe more than they needed him.

If Lenny Wilkins had those players, in that situation, you don't think he could get 11 rings?
grin.gif

Now you're buggin'. Keeping that locker room together and getting Kobe and Shaq to coexist was tough. I suggest that you read his book The Last Season.

Phil Jackson is a great coach. Would love to see him coach a scrub team like the Kings and see how he will deal with Cousins. His greatness can get us one ring right?

Last night...Ivey start talking %*#+ after OKC closed us out and some guy made eye contact with him and said "shut your bum @*@ up. can't even get on the floor and gonna be out the league in another year *%*"...his face was price-less
roll.gif

I'm drained after last night. I was sitting by Haddadi's ex-girlfriend (not the one he beat on)
laugh.gif
 . She was some old Grizz girl. Sucks to see both teams beating the hell out of each other and Dallas had that sweep.
ohwell.gif
Skip said it best though, if it was Miami/Boston doing this....it would be recognized as one of the best games ever. Since its two small market teams, people probably won't talk about it as much.

All I know is, this guaranteed a couple of national TV games next season against OKC
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I'm downloading the game bhz. I'm going to look for you. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at me being put in Twitter Jail last night.

Back
Top Bottom