OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so when the lakers won the title it was a good year in the 00 era but when the spurs did it was a down year.....................
I know you struggle with reading, I'll help you right here,

PICK the teams that the Spurs beat that impress you.  Show me the team.  Right here, which one?  

so when the lakers won the title it was a good year in the 00 era but when the spurs did it was a down year.....................

This would probably be the only time me and mike agree.
Regardless of who they played, I don't think you can discredit a team winning 4 championships. I see where you trying to go CP, but #Cmon man. 

In that case, how about the Lakers title run last season? A baby, inexperienced Thunder team. A Jazz team that was good, but not good enough to actually compete for a title. A Phoenix team led by an old #!* Nash and a Stoudemire who was ready to leave. That Suns team was probably BETTER when the Spurs played them than when LAL got them last season. Then, they beat a Boston team without their starting center for the past two games.

The year before that, their toughest team was Houston in the 2nd round. But, Yao got hurt in the middle of that series as well when LAL was down 2-1. 

CP.
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you have know problem going out your way saying how overrated those kings and blazer teams where now you want to give them credit?

they get know credit for beating dallas and sun teams who where pretty much buitl like the blazer and king teams where? all for the regular season nothing come playoff time

What happened to the other great teams of that era during the Spurs years?
What mean?  Like, why were they no good, or what are you asking? 

BHZ, I'm not saying they weren't good.  They got their titles, I applaud them.  I said all along that the Spurs were a great Org, Duncan is the best PF of all time imo, Pop is a GREAT coach, I'm simply looking at the landscape of the NBA of that time.  Look at the names I listed.  Name the elite players, and where they were at the time.  Go back and look.  That's all I'm sayin. 

2003-2007, look at the elite players.  Bron, Dwight, Melo, Deron, Paul, all babies.  Webber, going away.  Allen, not the same.  Tracy all alone.  Hill broken.  Kobe and Shaq split.  Nash and Dirk not really who they are today.  (tho solid I guess)  Paul, alone.  (unless you count Walker. 
laugh.gif
)  Malone and Payton on the way out. 

If ya'll don't agree, no prob.  I was just sayin, at the time, the league was diluted.  *shrugs* 

you have no problem going out your way saying how overrated those kings and blazer teams where now you want to give them credit?

they get no credit for beating dallas and sun teams who where pretty much buitl like the blazer and king teams where? all for the regular season nothing come playoff time
Exactly, IIIIIII make fun of those Kings and Blazers teams, but what is the perception by everybody else out there? 
nerd.gif

Also, notice how I say the 00 Blazers only, and not the terrible 01 and 02 teams.  Same with how I don't mention the 00 Kings, because they were not ready yet.  The 01 and 02 Kings were a top shelf team (by everyone else's standards, not mine. 
laugh.gif

Do YOU think the Suns in 05 and 07 and Mavs teams in 03, were title teams?  You thought those teams were solidly built title teams? 

CP, I see what your saying but you might as well say the same thing about the 04' Boston and 08' Celtic team.
The early to mid part of the decade wasn't THAT good like you said, but hey the Lakers won 5 in the 00's. This season is the start of teams becoming more competitive and there is no run away title for any team. Any team could possibly get eliminated and I'm glad the league is (hopefully) starting to take this route. 

I knew I shoulda said nothin. 
laugh.gif
  Shoulda known. 
30t6p3b.gif

And yet, the first couple people that replied, Allen, Amp, and Nas all said the same thing, the era was weaker. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Have you guys seen this pic? Didn't know KD had tattoos. From Yahoo! Sports pictures.

2rrxi5e.jpg

I didn't know he was Tupac tatted on the stomach.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

If ya'll don't agree, no prob.  I was just sayin, at the time, the league was diluted.  *shrugs* 

thats fine at all

but you cant give credit to your team for winning durning that time and not give any to the other one.

laugh.gif
  Shoulda known. 
30t6p3b.gif

And yet, the first couple people that replied, Allen, Amp, and Nas all said the same thing, the era was weaker. 
ohwell.gif
They all hate the SPURS of coures they would say it was weak.
laugh.gif

Nas even tried to be slick with the "late 90s - 2007" post. hmmm I wonder what team won the most chips during that time????
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

CP, I see what your saying but you might as well say the same thing about the 04' Boston and 08' Celtic team.

Naw, see to me, the 08 Celtics were solid.  3 franchise type guys.  2 kids we didn't know about yet, they won 66 games, then beat Lebron, then beat the end of Detroit, and then took out Kobe and Pau in their prime.  You don't think that's a solid resume? 

If you want to expand on them, they got beat round 2 the next year, but because KG was hurt.  They did come back the next year and go to a game 7 vs LA, while knocking off Lebron, and Dwight in the process.  

Add that 3 year window up, that team had good success.  See what I'm sayin? 

Why would I knock SA, but praise Boston?  That make any sense to you guys that think I am just hating? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
  I'm lookin at body of work, total picture.  Boston did more in those 3 years, than SA did in their 5, and yet Boston only has 1 title to show for it, SA 3.  Weird, I know.  But look at the damn resumes.    

^
Naw Pro, say it.  I can take it. 
laugh.gif

Doo, why would Allen, Amp, and Nas hate the Spurs?  I never seen those guys say nothin bad about that team.  Hell, Nas loves you guys right now. 
laugh.gif

I typed a response, Yuku ate it, I started again and then gave up
laugh.gif

I agree with you that SA's run is a tad bit weaker in the WC but their roster wasn't as strong as what the Lakers trotted out there in the 3 peat and there was constant turnover outside the big 3 on the roster. Robinson's corpse was still there in 03, Jackson was there but he becamse Michael Finley. Plus, they had best of 7 in the 1st round and those teams aren't as weak as you make em out to be. Marion and Amare (ROY season) were on PHX, Iverson and Chauncey diff years in Denver.

I really wish Yuku would not have styled on me before
laugh.gif

I mean, what elite players existed from 2000-2003 that actually went away during the following 4 years? Grant Hill was done after 2000, Malone was fading after '99, Zo got sick, Ewing was done. There was no "90's star" still good enough to make All NBA 1st team during that stretch. even had guys like Marbury, Jamal Mashburn, Jermaine O'Neal and Eddie Jones popping up on the 3rd team.

Webber and Iverson peaked early 2000's, agreed. But KG peaked mid 2000's and Dirk turned into a star then, too. Not sure what you mean that Nash then isn't what he is today, his two MVP's came during that stretch.

2000-2002 vs 03-07 talent wise or team wise there just isn't a whole lot of difference. Kings/Blazers a little better than Suns/Mavs, but not by that much.

2003-2007

our of curiosity, what years did LA win their titles?

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

laugh.gif
  Shoulda known. 
30t6p3b.gif

ohwell.gif
They all hate the SPURS of coures they would say it was weak.
laugh.gif

Nas even tried to be slick with the "late 90s - 2007" post. hmmm I wonder what team won the most chips during that time????
indifferent.gif
I respect the Spurs as much as anyone on here. I'm just saying as a whole, that was a pretty bad-mediocre period of time for the NBA.

also.. what years was duncan hurt again? (because some ppl are conveniently saying things.. and/or conveniently forgetting things)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I mean, what elite players existed from 2000-2003 that actually went away during the following 4 years? Grant Hill was done after 2000, Malone was fading after '99, Zo got sick, Ewing was done. There was no "90's star" still good enough to make All NBA 1st team during that stretch. even had guys like Marbury, Jamal Mashburn, Jermaine O'Neal and Eddie Jones popping up on the 3rd team.

Webber and Iverson peaked early 2000's, agreed. But KG peaked mid 2000's and Dirk turned into a star then, too. Not sure what you mean that Nash then isn't what he is today, his two MVP's came during that stretch.

2000-2002 vs 03-07 talent wise or team wise there just isn't a whole lot of difference. Kings/Blazers a little better than Suns/Mavs, but not by that much.
At least you get where I'm goin tho. 
laugh.gif

And you forget one thing, not just Kings/Blazers, we went thru the Spurs 2 years straight as well. 

My point wasn't to compare the 2 though.  I know because I am a Laker fan it has to be thrown in my face and I have to answer to it anytime I say something bad about someone, I get that, but I was only looking at the Spurs resume of series from 03 to 07.  The best series win they have is a team coming off 3 straight deep runs.  Beating the Nash/Dirk Mavs, the Nash (who was missing in 05 that Suns cry about, Amare or Joe?  Joe right?) led Suns in 05, the Suns in 07.  The Nuggets, the Jazz, the Sonics, those series are nothing.  Come on.  I would say their second best series win in that run would be the Pistons in 05.  Lakers 03, and Pistons 05 were their 2 best series wins. 

For those that want to compare and make me look stupid, someone willing to tell me that they would take the Suns 05 vs the Kings of 02? 
nerd.gif
  (nobody, and I do mean NOBODY makes more fun of the Kings than I do, and I wouldn't pick the Suns in that series) 
Someone willing to put the 03 Mavs, up against the 00 Blazers?  

Doin all this, I found it funny that the Kings and Spurs never met.  That's interesting to me.  Or did I miss a series somewhere?  I bet Webber v Duncan woulda been ugly for Webber back then. 
laugh.gif

Edit
Oh and the Nash thing, I meant he wasn't "considered" who he is today, back then.  When he was in Dallas, he wasn't hyped much.  Flashy, fun to watch, but he wasn't a franchise cornerstone type guy at the time, that's why Dallas let him go.  Maybe things would have turned out different if he had stayed in Dallas with Dirk, I dunno. 

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

also.. what years was duncan hurt again? (because some ppl are conveniently saying things.. and/or conveniently forgetting things)
*sigh* 

Duncan was hurt in 00, and please notice how I have not brought up the 2000 Spurs one single time.  I'm not forgetting a damn thing. 

Oh and the Nash thing, I meant he wasn't "considered" who he is today, back then.  When he was in Dallas, he wasn't hyped much.  Flashy, fun to watch, but he wasn't a franchise cornerstone type guy at the time, that's why Dallas let him go.  Maybe things would have turned out different if he had stayed in Dallas with Dirk, I dunno. 
I'm getting time-lines confused now.
laugh.gif
. we're talkin about 03-07 with him, right?

He got Phoenix in 04 and started playing his best ball and won the 2 MVP's before 2007. I'd say during that stretch he was considered to be at his best.

Back
Top Bottom