[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by CP1708

McCarver sucks, but he was dead on talkin bout Lidge not bein able to throw the slider with Damon on third, and A-Rod got him.
eek.gif

They both sounded so disgusted when the Yankees won. Like they don't even want to call the game tonight.

^^ I disagree cause as a Phils fan I feel that they do that for yall. I think every teams fans think the national dudes are against them since they are used tothe homerism of the local dudes.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

^^ I disagree cause as a Phils fan I feel that they do that for yall. I think every teams fans think the national dudes are against them since they are used to the homerism of the local dudes.

No. Dude are u even listening to these games? This dude buck was screaming at the top of his lungs after a ryan howard single, then he sounds super pissed offeverytime the yankees put a run on the board. Its a little too obvious imo

This thread took an ugly turn
smh.gif
. Yankees fans, we are one win away from winningthe World Series. Get +@*%*#* pumped, don't let the Phillies fans in here get to some of you.

i think its easy for Buck and McCarver to get caught up in the crowd at Citizens Bank and thats why they tend to be a little more animated for the Phillycalls. Honestly i dont give a *#+% what they sound like...I just love hearing all the analysts around the networks (especially ESPN) have to talk about all thegreat things the yanks are doing and how the others are falling apart at the sight. Kruk cracks me up every night.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

In all seriousness, just ignoe him. No need to feed into his nonsense.
Agreed. He is only annoying because you give him attention, just don't reply to his posts and he'll get ignored.

I'de love to get a win against Cliff Lee.

You know, I'm sure all of us have had something to say about Joe's managing this season. Looking at things macro instead of micro he made some gooddecisions starting in September with our pitching staff.

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

I'de love to get a win against Cliff Lee.

You know, I'm sure all of us have had something to say about Joe's managing this season. Looking at things macro instead of micro he made some good decisions starting in September with our pitching staff.

I've been preaching this all year, Girardi has really done a great job. I mean he switched Jeter and Damon in the lineup...I think that turned out prettywell.

Anyone else think Utley is definitely getting thrown at tonight?

Originally Posted by CP1708

The play by Damon was one of the coolest plays I've seen watchin baseball. Great heads up move there.
pimp.gif
I hope the Yankees resign Johnny Damon. He said he wants to remain in New York and I think is willing to cough up a discount to stay. For all hishave-nots and his one dimensional game, I'd like New York to re-up Matsui too. He's still a deadly force at the plate.

Nah, I don't expect Utley to get hit.

MAYBE if Gaudin was pitching, but I don't see Girardi taking such a risk one win away.

Originally Posted by yankees1129

smh.gif
if the yankees win tonight, i won't be able to attend the parade.
How come?

At around 12:20 this afternoon, Sweeny Murti (Yankees beat writer for WFAN) was asked if the Yankees win the Series tonight, when the parade would be. He saidit probably wouldn't be Wednesday because of the Election (Mayor), even though that is tomorrow.

I don't know if I can make it if it is in fact Wednesday, any other day though I'm there.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Anyone else think Utley is definitely getting thrown at tonight?
And risk getting one of our guys get tossed? I don't think so. They really have no reason to throw at him, Utley has only had two goodgames. I'm honestly not scared of any of these Philly hitters until they prove me otherwise, so I would go right after Chase.

The Phils won't get hit until Spring training, at that point I fully expect Utley to get drilled, a small skirmish to ensue, couple words, exjec theYankees pitcher, order restored, then the next pitcher to drill Howard, another fight to ensue, more ejections, then order finally restored again, and then thenext Yankee pitcher to drill Ibanez at which point the umps simply walk off the field and let the Yankees beat down on the Phillies pitchers wearin their worldseries rings.
laugh.gif

Maybe that was a tad over done, but nonetheless, there will be a meeting of the minds in spring training between these two teams. The Phils are bush forhittin every Yankee they want knowin full well there's nothing the Yanks can do about it right now..........except hoist the trophy I guess.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Someobody PM me when the spring training schedules come out cuz I wanna see this.

i asked my boss if i can go to the parade if we win ... i didn't get a response ... i'm off on fri though ... but i want this series to be over withASAP ... i would have preferred Girardi to go w/ gaudin for game 5 , burnett for 6 and CC for 7 but i'm not the manager ... hope Burnett does it tonight...

I think tonight's game is going to be a good one...I can see Lee dominating us, and I can also see our bats getting it together and trying to end ittonight against Lee....If AJ pitches great again, then we might have a good chance to close this out tonight..

LETS GO YANKS!!!!!

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I'm just hoping we can get this back to NY and anything can happen from there

PLEASE CLIFF LEE!
there's only one thing that can happen if it comes back to ny.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom