[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Burnett will get it done...Lee can't pitch any better he can only get worse, and i hope our bats get the best of him tonite hoping that his pitching ingame 1 was only a fluke, and at this point i hope our batters have checked the tapes and know what pitches to look for cuz in game 1 they really got caughtlooking alot of times which irks me cuz we could've had it aside from CC's mistakes

I have faith we can win it tonite, but i'm prepared if there's a game 6 our hits are starting to come around...I'll be around the stadium tonite ata bar if we win i'm flipping a cop car LA Riot style!

I kind of wish we had a Clemens type pitcher. Just because I know he'd throw straight at the helmet of the Phillies biggest player for what they did toA-Rod.
laugh.gif

^ same can be said for Burnett (he cant pitch any better). His Game 2 win changed the whole series
in my opinion.

at least Lee has been dominant this whole playoff run while girly voice
Cole "who are you?" Hamels is already lookin foward to next season.

Phils will win tonight, hope I make some $.

On a side note.....Lidge/Cole were the reason the Phils won last season, now
those 2 are the reason they will lose this year.

^ i was wondering the same thing they said it was a light strain on his hamstring...even so we can deal w/o him for one nite we're still good w/ Gardner wedont need HR's we need solid hits and slugging Gardner can do it along w/ stealing bases

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

^ i was wondering the same thing they said it was a light strain on his hamstring...even so we can deal w/o him for one nite we're still good w/ Gardner we dont need HR's we need solid hits and slugging Gardner can do it along w/ stealing bases

Plus Gardner has more range in the OF. Meaning he'll get to balls that would otherwise fall for hits.

Damn do the Yankees fans want them to lose?

I admit it would be pretty cool for them to win in the Bronx....but I just want them to win the ship

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

at least Lee has been dominant this whole playoff run while girly voice
Cole "who are you?" Hamels is already lookin foward to next season.

On a side note.....Lidge/Cole were the reason the Phils won last season, now
those 2 are the reason they will lose this year.
Cole went all out last season for that title, it's hard as hell to go 2 full postseason runs without arms fallin off. Be interesting to seehow Sabathia does next season.

Lidge has always been a back and forth type guy. He still wakes up in cold sweats from what Albert did to him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Be interesting to see how Sabathia does next season.
I think he'll be fine. He's pitched roughly the same amount of innings the last 2 years that he did in '09 (around 260), and he didok this year.

But who knows what could happen.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Damn do the Yankees fans want them to lose?

I admit it would be pretty cool for them to win in the Bronx....but I just want them to win the ship
Oh, don't get any of this twisted man. We'll take any victory we can get, and hopefully that comes tonight.

But with Lee pitching the way he has all postseason, and not knowing what AJ we're gonna get, I don't think it's any kind of stretch for us to losethis game tonight. And we'll be ok with coming back home to close it out.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yanks trying to replace Melky's spot on the roster for the rest of the series with Hinskie.
Hinske was already on the roster...

LoHud
UPDATE, 5:43 p.m.: MLB just announced that Ramiro Pena will replace Melky Cabrera on the roster.

Melky is done...hopefully Gardner can at least get on base tonight....We have no Melky/Posada in the lineup tonight.

I feel bad for Melky. When/if we win, I want him out there jumpin' and bumpin' with Cano like it's nobodies business!

fulljgetty73395445eg028_new_york_yank_12.jpg

Anyone else think it's only fitting if Burnett gets pied tonight, assuming he has an outing worthy for it. That would be poetic
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

tonight will be a tough win with Posada out of the lineup and Melky hurt. A bottom of Molina-Gardner/Hairston-Pitcher is no bueno, plus A-rod's protection is either Cano or Swisher who really aren't hitting. Arod won't get anything to hit tonight.

yea those are some easy outs potentially, especially with Cliff out there. I think today is a real 50-50 game. I hope the Yanks pull it out, but I think wewill have to wait till Wednesday.

Congratulations Yankees faithful, enjoy tonight's game. Celebrate hard (pause) and stay safe.

If the Yanks lose tonight they are putting themselves in a tough spot pitching everyone on 3 days rest.

But then Cole would probably pitch Game 7 itf it reaches that far.

i would go w/ Francisco over Raul. I love Ibanez but his injury is catching up to him. He cant keep up w/ any fastball above 91 and he's chasing badpitches.

Burnett had a great game but i dont think he can do it again on 3 days rest.

The lineup looks horrible tonight. Arod shouldnt get any good pitches all night.

Back
Top Bottom