[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Because that momentum stopped as soon as Cliff Lee went to the mound.
laugh.gif
Granted, they did score a run in the first inning and continued where they left off from the 9th of the previous game...but after Lee settled in, it was the end of that. As far as the 2nd point, I'm just comparing the Yankees bullpen to the Phillies. Both have had their bad moments but the Phillies are worse off than us IMO. Madson is your best reliever yet he got a bit rattled tonight. Besides the fact that Mo is Mo...best believe if we have a 1-3 run lead, Girardi will cut the middleman and put him in the 8th to finish the game.

I don't do spin jobs.
You know I'm just messing with you on the spin job part but you was being extra Yankee with it though. It's all good I probably would do the same thing with the Phils and I agree with you about the bp. Hell we need to be up cause dudes are shook ones word to mobb deep.

I don't know if I was coming off like a homer but that wasn't my intention.
laugh.gif
I'm genuinely feeling good right now. But you said itearlier...gotta play those games. Definitely not taking anything for granted.
Originally Posted by DubA169

maybe it's cuz your the same age as him or something.
Y'all stay getting at my dude's age.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I could see why a lot are annoyed with them but to be honest with y'all, I don't mind them that much. McCarver's been around the game for a longtime and knows his baseball. I like how he picks up on little things that the average viewer wouldn't notice.

Damn, my superstition steez didn't work this night, back to the drawing board. Had a whole system down from game 2-4 thinking it was working, tonightchanged all that
tired.gif

man F all that!! its destiny man 27 in the the new stadium first yr...what better way to Cristen it by with a world series banner? I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBTIN MY MIND THAT WE WILL LOSE WEDNESDAY ...ALL bx bombers have that "bottom of the 9th clutch" factor. Nuff said...

If it comes down to it, Swisher start Game 7 instead of Sabathia. He's posting a 0.00 ERA all season long.

If I were home last night, I would've posted every facepalm I had, along with making the $82 million pie man his own poster of shame.

Either way, I'm confident in Pettitte Wednesday night.

After all, ANDY PETTITTE IS A STAHTIN' PITCHA WHO'S WON OVER 200 GAMES

8f315d6dc654856cbe494b5e26c4bdb358285fe.gif

I'll take my chances with a fully rested Pedro and a three day rested Andy Pettitte

and if it goes game 7...man I hate to say it but I think you gotta go Cole Hamels

Don't know why you'd pitch Burnett, who's been inconsistent (to put it lightly) all year long, on short rest and on the road.

Save him for Game 6 at home, because you're not going to take 3 of 3 in Philly; the two teams aren't that unevenly matched.

Throw Phil Hughes or something. If you get a win, bonus. If you lose, then you've still got a fully-rested Burnett going at home where he dominated in Game2.

I just don't understand why Girardi's forcing a three-man rotation.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

man F all that!! its destiny man 27 in the the new stadium first yr...what better way to Cristen it by with a world series banner? I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT WE WILL LOSE WEDNESDAY ...ALL bx bombers have that "bottom of the 9th clutch" factor. Nuff said...

so we gonna lose wed just so they can be "clutch" thurs?
ohwell.gif

Dont know why some of you are freaking out, Pedro will get swatted Wednesday. Even losing 6-1 we came back no lead for the Phillies is safe. Pettite will dowhat he has to as he always has and we will close it in 6

I haven't read through most of the thread but are folks in here panicking now??

Isn't this what people wanted? For it to come back to the Bronx? I just wanted the Yanks to finish it last night and when I caught the game it was 6-1

I'm glad they made it close but damn
smh.gif

These people don't know what they want...all I know is that I want the Yanks to finish this...just as quick as possible though

whoever wanted to close it put in the bx is just kinda selfish and naive to think the phils couldn't squeeze 2 out somehow. baseball is hard to predict. iwanted this #$%* over and done with last night

im not freaking out, i just know andy isnt going to be that sharp on 3 days rest. i hope he proves me wrong

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I haven't read through most of the thread but are folks in here panicking now??

Isn't this what people wanted? For it to come back to the Bronx? I just wanted the Yanks to finish it last night and when I caught the game it was 6-1

I'm glad they made it close but damn
smh.gif

These people don't know what they want...all I know is that I want the Yanks to finish this...just as quick as possible though
why the hell would anyone want to prolong a series just to win on home field? that's pure stupidity

I don't care if we win it in Cuba, I'm not trying to have any series extended just to win on home field

[h1]Myers mocks Hamels after Game 5[/h1]
brown.png

By Tim Brown, Yahoo! Sports 10 hours, 24 minutes ago

• Buzz up! 58
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

PHILADELPHIA - Phillies pitchers Brett Myers(notes) and Cole Hamels(notes) had a short but tense confrontation in the team's clubhouse following Game 5 of the World Series, according to one witness, words that stemmed from Hamels' recent statement that he was eager for his season to end.

As Myers walked past Hamels near Hamels' locker he said, mocking, "What are you doing here? I thought you quit."

Related Video

1257235810.jpg

Phillies force Game 6
Phillies force Game 6
Top 10 home runs

More MLB Videos

More From Tim Brown

Hamels, the witness said, responded with an expletive.

Before the situation escalated, Myers was guided away by a team official.

In an otherwise happy Phillies clubhouse - they beat the Yankees, 8-6, on Monday night to force Game 6 - Myers poked at a sore topic for Hamels. The 25-year-old left-hander has had a difficult regular season, then in four postseason starts has a 7.58 ERA. When the Yankees beat him in Game 3, an unhappy Hamels said of the season, "I can't wait for it to end. It's been mentally draining. At year end, you just can't wait for a fresh start."

His quote did not sit well with some teammates, apparently, and even manager Charlie Manuel was perplexed by it.

"I was surprised when I heard that," Manuel said. "I was surprised at that. But I don't really understand exactly how he meant that."

Hamels is said to be disturbed by the reaction to what he believed to be an innocuous comment. In the same interview, he repeatedly said he hoped to pitch Game 7 if the series goes that far.

Myers might want the ball as well, although he is only an option out of the bullpen because he is on the mend from shoulder soreness that caused him to miss three weeks in September. The right-hander has been mostly a starter in his eight seasons and pitched credibly through the 2008 playoffs, but he pitched only 70 2/3 innings in 2009. Myers recovered quickly from hip surgery in June but the shoulder issue set him back and he has made only two relief appearances in the playoffs.

Myers, who had 21 saves in 2007, was thought to be an option in the late innings for the struggling Brad Lidge if he was 100 percent. But Manuel went with Ryan Madson(notes) in the ninth inning of Game 5.

Tim Brown is a national baseball writer for Yahoo! Sports. Send Tim a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

phillies going at one another now?
laugh.gif

but hamels basically admitted defeat after his performance
smh.gif

onewearz wrote:
laugh.gif

me and timmy go way back. i remember when he was the yankees announcer for a couple seasons after he left the mets.

the dude knows the game , how many times does he say stuff that happen the next pitch. he talked about damon stealing third and how big it was because it takes away the slider from lidge. i didnt think of that.

he may not tickle any fancies but the dude is good even if he hates the yanks.

I hate the douche too, but he does know the game of baseball. He's a wet mop, he brings up way too many obvious points, but when it comes to intricaciesand how to predict what's gonna happen next, he's right up there.

His partner on the other hand can get hit by a bus going 110 miles an hour for all I care.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

If I were home last night, I would've posted every facepalm I had, along with making the $82 million pie man his own poster of shame.

Either way, I'm confident in Pettitte Wednesday night.

After all, ANDY PETTITTE IS A STAHTIN' PITCHA WHO'S WON OVER 200 GAMES

8f315d6dc654856cbe494b5e26c4bdb358285fe.gif
Mike has never, and has said this week, he does not like Andy on short rest at all...

Just wanted to check in. Didnt want ppl to think I was duckin the thread because the Yanks are up. Been busy, and yesterday my internet at the house was +$%+%*up.

Yahoo:

PHILADELPHIA - Phillies pitchers Brett Myers(notes) and Cole Hamels(notes) had a short but tense confrontation in the team's clubhouse following Game 5 of the World Series, according to one witness, words that stemmed from Hamels' recent statement that he was eager for his season to end.

As Myers walked past Hamels near Hamels' locker he said, mocking, "What are you doing here? I thought you quit."

Hamels, the witness said, responded with an expletive.

Before the situation escalated, Myers was guided away by a team official.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Myers

I think Hamels was misquoted by the media.. He was talking about how he wants his struggling to end, not the season
laugh.gif
. Who the hell would tell the media that he wants the season to end already?Especially if your team is still playing in the WORLD SERIES
smh.gif

I love it they are going at each other in the clubhouse. Now for someone to ask Rollins about that win it in 5 comment.

Im just ready for Phillie fans and the commentators to put their foot in their mouth when we take this and start to hear all the roid and payroll excuses. ICANT WAIT

Now the Philadelohia Inquirer published "Congratulations Phillies on Back to Back Championships" So whens the parade? down 3-2 and now this I hope Arod and Jete see that in their sleep

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Now the Philadelohia Inquirer published "Congratulations Phillies on Back to Back Championships" So whens the parade? down 3-2 and now this I hope A rod and Jete see that in their sleep

Where'd you hear that? That would be mighty stupid if they did. Considering they are down 3-2. I find it a little hard to believe, but if you got a sourcethen thats hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom