[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

^ Good looking out. I feel more calm and collected now... and definitely more confident. Prior to reading that, I've been getting pulled in everydirection by fellow Yankee fans who are either over confident or in the deepest depths of panic and depresion
laugh.gif
. But that assessment right there got me feeling good again
pimp.gif

Positives for the rest of the series:

• Philly won tonight but we took A LOT of momentum away from them by knocking Lee out the game and almost coming back to tie. It's not like the Yankees were blown out...we left them on their toes after they had a comfortable 6 run lead. If it wasn't for Phil Coke allowing those two HR's we're looking at different game. Although a win is a win, it'll be in the back of their minds if the next game is close and they have the lead.
  • Their bullpen is arguably more troubled than ours is...the difference is we have Mariano Rivera and they don't.
  • Not only do we have home field advantage but we have the DH position back and Posada in there to catch the remaining game(s). Our lineup will look significantly better in Game 6 compared to Game 5.
  • Yes, we have Andy pitching on 3 days rest...but if there's someone who won't have an AJ-like performance, it's him. Time and time again he's pitched in big games...this is nothing new to him. Even if he doesn't have his best stuff, he'll still keep us in the game and won't let it get out of hand.
  • If it does get to a Game 7...we're throwing CC out there and it's a question mark on their part. What is a fact is Cliff Lee can't start so we'll have the advantage right from the start of the game.
Bold = Spin job. If that was the case being completely objective why didn't you win tonight? (momentum play you speak of) Hell after thenight before if momentum was that good yall should have rolled us after that win on Sun. I can't disagree with Mariano but you have to have the lead fordude to come in right who is to say that you will? The rest thats not bold I can agree with but thats why we play the games. I'm just glad we wontonight.

If the Phils can somehow find a way to win Game 6 (which isn't far fetched)....they don't gotta worry about a closer cause you know damn well Lee wouldpitch the last 2-3 innings.
laugh.gif

If they went to Burnett/Pettite game 6 and 7 with fulls rest I would say Yanks easily close this out.

Right now? I'm not too sure this is anyone's series.

^^ Like I said its a spin job cause be real if momentum was so in play yall should have won tonight. If you can't get that I don't know what to tellyou. I can agree with everything else dude said.

Momentum never guarantees a win, though. All you can do is look at how each team played and assume that certain things carry over.

A loss is a loss, but you can't tell me that the way a team wins or loses doesn't effect their mindstate, and right now I feel like most of the batsare comfy.

for phillies
bullpen still shaky
howard still isnt hitting, and jroll needs to get going
can pedro pitch another solid gm

for yanks
girardi really gambling with the short rest for his pitchers. cc is built for it, but im not sure about aj or andy. girardi has to ride with the decision

dont see yanks losing, should be exciting

edit: yes, buck and mccarver are annoying. remember when deion pour the bucket of ice on him
roll.gif

can we all at least agree that listening to joe buck and especially tim mccarver makes your ears bleed? i want to know how non yankee fans feel about thisidiot talking

mccarver must come cheap. i never get overly mad at announcers like I have during this post season. the tbs announcers sucked but I didn't want to breakthe television. buck doesn't even get under my skin it's mccarver that does it. i don't understand how he has a job.

Momentum never guarantees a win, though. All you can do is look at how each team played and assume that certain things carry over.

A loss is a loss, but you can't tell me that the way a team wins or loses doesn't effect their mindstate, and right now I feel like most of the bats are comfy.
I agree about what your saying about momentum thats why I was saying if it would carry over yall should have beat us (being honest) I think batson both sides are comfy right (esp Utley/Damon) now outside of Howard and Tex. Yall should be feeling good since yall only have to win 1 and us 2 not becauseof anything else is what I'm trying to say. Hopefully your right about Wed but going in our favor so both sides can worry Wed night about Thu.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Positives for the rest of the series:

• Philly won tonight but we took A LOT of momentum away from them by knocking Lee out the game and almost coming back to tie. It's not like the Yankees were blown out...we left them on their toes after they had a comfortable 6 run lead. If it wasn't for Phil Coke allowing those two HR's we're looking at different game. Although a win is a win, it'll be in the back of their minds if the next game is close and they have the lead.
  • Their bullpen is arguably more troubled than ours is...the difference is we have Mariano Rivera and they don't.
  • Not only do we have home field advantage but we have the DH position back and Posada in there to catch the remaining game(s). Our lineup will look significantly better in Game 6 compared to Game 5.
  • Yes, we have Andy pitching on 3 days rest...but if there's someone who won't have an AJ-like performance, it's him. Time and time again he's pitched in big games...this is nothing new to him. Even if he doesn't have his best stuff, he'll still keep us in the game and won't let it get out of hand.
  • If it does get to a Game 7...we're throwing CC out there and it's a question mark on their part. What is a fact is Cliff Lee can't start so we'll have the advantage right from the start of the game.
Bold = Spin job. If that was the case being completely objective why didn't you win tonight? (momentum play you speak of) Hell after the night before if momentum was that good yall should have rolled us after that win on Sun. I can't disagree with Mariano but you have to have the lead for dude to come in right who is to say that you will? The rest thats not bold I can agree with but thats why we play the games. I'm just glad we won tonight.

Because that momentum stopped as soon as Cliff Lee went to the mound.
laugh.gif
Granted, they did score a run in the first inning and continued where they left off from the 9th of the previous game...but after Lee settled in,it was the end of that. As far as the 2nd point, I'm just comparing the Yankees bullpen to the Phillies. Both have had their bad moments but the Philliesare worse off than us IMO. Madson is your best reliever yet he got a bit rattled tonight. Besides the fact that Mo is Mo...best believe if we have a 1-3 runlead, Girardi will cut the middleman and put him in the 8th to finish the game.

I don't do spin jobs.
Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

^ Good looking out. I feel more calm and collected now... and definitely more confident. Prior to reading that, I've been getting pulled in every direction by fellow Yankee fans who are either over confident or in the deepest depths of panic and depresion
laugh.gif
. But that assessment right there got me feeling good again
pimp.gif
My dude I'm a pessimist at heart so if I'm feeling good then so should everyone else.
laugh.gif

Like I said, there are no guarantees in sports...but things are in our favor heading home and the Yankees have shown (so far) that they are the better team.We'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

A loss is a loss, but you can't tell me that the way a team wins or loses doesn't effect their mindstate, and right now I feel like most of the bats are comfy.
I understand what you're saying & I kinda see it. Phils were hot in the beginning but later on as the game was coming to an end, theycouldn't really get anything going. As for the Yankees they droved in 3 more runs and could've potentially tied it.

say what u want about mccarver but the dude knows his stuff, best analyst in the game. flame suit on

I hope we close it out on Wednesday, 'cause I wouldn't like to see a game 7 with CC (who has seemed to slow down over his past couple starts) on themound.

Originally Posted by onewearz

say what u want about mccarver but the dude knows his stuff, best analyst in the game. flame suit on

c9b357bfefca8db8f3f16037079e657225fe74f.gif

maybe it's cuz your the same age as him or something. But even then whaaaaaa???? how can you be the best when you aren't objective and say irrelevant!%@*

Because that momentum stopped as soon as Cliff Lee went to the mound.
laugh.gif
Granted, they did score a run in the first inning and continued where they left off from the 9th of the previous game...but after Lee settled in, it was the end of that. As far as the 2nd point, I'm just comparing the Yankees bullpen to the Phillies. Both have had their bad moments but the Phillies are worse off than us IMO. Madson is your best reliever yet he got a bit rattled tonight. Besides the fact that Mo is Mo...best believe if we have a 1-3 run lead, Girardi will cut the middleman and put him in the 8th to finish the game.

I don't do spin jobs.
You know I'm just messing with you on the spin job part but you was being extra Yankee with it though. It's all good I probably would dothe same thing with the Phils and I agree with you about the bp. Hell we need to be up cause dudes are shook ones word to mobb deep.

laugh.gif

me and timmy go way back. i remember when he was the yankees announcer for a couple seasons after he left the mets.

the dude knows the game , how many times does he say stuff that happen the next pitch. he talked about damon stealing third and how big it was because it takesaway the slider from lidge. i didnt think of that.

he may not tickle any fancies but the dude is good even if he hates the yanks.

Back
Top Bottom