Official 2009 NLDS Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers SWEEP St. Louis Cardinals!!! Vol. Unfinished Business

Holliday getting nailed in the family jewels = priceless
pimp.gif

yeah holliday choked.. you could already tell with his facial expression and body language that he was gonna botch up that play.

I will say after watching the highlights again, Dodger Stadium has been the loudest home crowd in the playoffs so far.

and SMH at wainwright talking about how the white towels are responsible for the error. no one was even waving those towels when loney was up, the game wasabout to be over.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

eek.gif

smokin.gif

I've been home for awhile now. I'm still pumped. Definitely one of the best Dodger games I have ever seen live,
eek.gif

The last inning was just something else. I was biting my nails, still trying to stay positive after Matt Kemp got jammed in the 8th with the bases loaded.

I watched the bottom of the 9th from Loge 112 (Concourse). One of my boys, yelled out "!$*$" when Loney hit that line drive and walked back a few steps,
laugh.gif

Casey Blake's at bat....
smokin.gif

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't looking forward to seeing Ronnie bat, but that was clutch,
smokin.gif

Mark Loretta,
smokin.gif
. I'm not going to lie on this one either, I didn't think he deserved a roster spot with his Mendoza Line batting average,
laugh.gif
. His last hit of the regular season was a clutch hit as well, and I still didn't want him to get a spot, I told one of my friends: "I don't want him to get a spot, but with that hit Torre will give him a spot"
laugh.gif

I watched it live with no commentary, but I got this link via Dodger Thoughts and watched it twice. It is Vin Scully's call of the comeback,
smokin.gif
. It gave me chills.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=7028745

It is time to off these guys. You can't give a team like the Cardinals a chance to come back. Time to strike, rip their hearts out.

Vicente Padilla, it is time to earn your next paycheck.
glasses.gif
Man i love Vin Scully
pimp.gif
Dude is just timeless. Beingoverseas for almost a decade now... i miss out on both Angels and Dodgers local telecast so I appreciate this link.
Typical Vinny always talking about opposing players random facts "Franklin has had bad luck all his life, his house in Arkansas burned to the ground...3-2 pitch fouled away "
laugh.gif

Thanks for that link Ironman. Good to hear Vin with the call.
pimp.gif
I heardVin make the call on the radio updates and that gave me goosebumps.

Vin has a lot of quotes that were kinda funny. "hit him right on the groin, I hope he's wearing a cup".
laugh.gif

Now Dodgers, now is the time to twist the knife.
devil.gif
SPARTA!

I been growing a beard since the 25 of Sept., I was going to cut it off today but I think I'll leave it on til they win this series or win it all. Whowants to join the BEARD TEAM?
nerd.gif

Are You Ready!?!

Wainwright:
"That ball got lost in 50,000 white towels shaking in front of Matt's face," Wainwright said. "It doesn't really seem fair that an opposing team should be able to allow their fans to shake white towels when there's a white baseball flying through the air. How about Dodger Blue towels?"
I saw that on ESPN last night.
laugh.gif
My favorite part about himsaying that? Holliday was saying he lost it in the lights and he had had it but then it came down through the lights and he lost it and lights, lights,lights... and then Wainwright comes through like 'It was the towels.'

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Everyone wants to talk about Holliday's error, but let's not forget Ryan Franklin.

He is still Ryan Franklin. I don't care how well he pitched this year.

He was absolutely AWFUL after the Blake at-bat.

My voice is wrecked this morning. And I have a job where I talk on the phone all day. good times.
My dad started saying "how about a walk off?" before the first pitch.
I'll post some pics in a few.
Most exciting Dodgers game I've been too right behind Finley's grand slam to win the West.
Wainwright was absolutely FILTHY. Kind of weird to say it, but I wasn't mad. Almost appreciative of seeing an outing of that caliber.
Nice standing O for Kershaw as he left the field.

-J-

Serious should have been 1-1 but the Cards blew it, tough break.

But on a positive note the Dodgers handled their business, Cards have to do the same (doubt they win in 5 though but I've seen crazier *!+$ happen). I hopeall of these first round series go 5.

I never realized how crappy the Cards hit vs lefties.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Go home POO-JOE-LS!!
pimp.gif
Only reason I smiled last night.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Cardinals in 4.

Veteran team like the Cards will handle their business in my opinion (go to the World Series).

4 games.

hmmm.

So.....want a cookie?

I just want to see good baseball not "wanna-be" Bill Buckner's.

No, just the fact that making predictions in baseball is like predicting earthquakes here in Cali.

Gonna be tough in STL, gonna be a sea of red out there and I don't want the seams on the baseball to get lost within the crowd as any of our outfieldersattempt to catch it
mad.gif

Still pumped from the game yesterday. I been tellin' you dudes bout Mark Loretta
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Someone who hasn't gotten much props on that game yesterday, Mr. James Loney.

What a perfect cutoff and cutting down Rasmus at 3rd, that potential run was HUGE.

Padilla needs to keep us in the game and come with it tomorrow.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Wainwright:
"That ball got lost in 50,000 white towels shaking in front of Matt's face," Wainwright said. "It doesn't really seem fair that an opposing team should be able to allow their fans to shake white towels when there's a white baseball flying through the air. How about Dodger Blue towels?"
I saw that on ESPN last night.
laugh.gif
My favorite part about him saying that? Holliday was saying he lost it in the lights and he had had it but then it came down through the lights and he lost it and lights, lights, lights... and then Wainwright comes through like 'It was the towels.'

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

this also made me
roll.gif
...all i gotta say lady luck was on the blueside
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Cardinals in 4.

Veteran team like the Cards will handle their business in my opinion (go to the World Series).

4 games.

hmmm.

So.....want a cookie?

I just want to see good baseball not "wanna-be" Bill Buckner's.

No, just the fact that making predictions in baseball is like predicting earthquakes here in Cali.

...and like Earthquakes they are gonna happen no matter what.
laugh.gif

What good is sports w/o predictions.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Manny 1-8 .. this guy better come back next year with no questions ask and redeem himself ..
Tomorrow he better.

It's gonna be tough in St. Louis.

Y'all know damn well Manny is going to have moments of brilliance.

C'mon. Don't sit on this 1-8 foolishness like he can't go 0-3 next game and then hit a walk-off 3 run shot in the 9th off the first pitch he seesthat AB.
laugh.gif

Manny has been struggling since he came back though.

If there's one thing that I love about playoff baseball its that no matter what you're weaknesses are, they will ALWAYS get exposed in a playoffseries.

I never realized how bad the Cards hit vs lefties, and Ryan Franklin is a guy who doesn't fear anyone regardless of what stats say.

Doyers got a nice pen/bench, but Manny has to get going if they are going to win this (the whole enchilada).

Back
Top Bottom