Official 2009 NLDS Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers SWEEP St. Louis Cardinals!!! Vol. Unfinished Business

Awesome comeback Dodgers.
pimp.gif

Loretta
pimp.gif

Baseball in the groin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

2zz6iw8.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

"That ball got lost in 50,000 white towels shaking in front of Matt's face," Wainwright said. "It doesn't really seem fair that an opposing team should be able to allow their fans to shake white towels when there's a white baseball flying through the air. How about Dodger Blue towels?"
roll.gif

"That ball got lost in 50,000 white towels shaking in front of Matt's face," Wainwright said. "It doesn't really seem fair that an opposing team should be able to allow their fans to shake white towels when there's a white baseball flying through the air. How about Dodger Blue towels?"

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Don't pull out that card Wainwright, don't do it.

Pics:
6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5d0892d970b-pi

happy.gif

Our towels DO have blue on em you prick

if it were the other way around I'm sure the soundbyte would say "that's baseball"

Speaking of the Dodger towel, I dropped mine when it was hanging out of my pocket - didn't realize this till I went back up to my seat
mad.gif

Luckily, I just took my girls.

i didn't watch the game due to school but i kept checking the score on my phone. from what i read and looking at the stats, the cardinals wasted a greatpitching performance by Wainwright

Originally Posted by bright nikes

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Don't pull out that card Wainwright, don't do it.

roll.gif
... how many excuses is this team gonna come up with fortheir loss tonight?

here's Holiday's explanation...
"I couldn't see the ball. I lost in the lights.

"I had it in the beginning but then the ball came down through the lights and I lost it.

"When that happens, you hope it hits your body or hits your glove.

"I just lost it.

"Tough to swallow. I feel terrible.

"The ball hit my stomach. I think I can catch a fly ball hit right at me.

"Wainwright pitched a good game, the bullpen did its job. I just didn't catch it."

I believe Holliday purposely drop the ball thus ensuring the dodgers to have another chance. For what reason, I do not know for sure but it could possibly befor $.

I have watched Holliday play plenty of times and many of those times he has routinely caught a ball (just like that) with his arms above his head and nottucked in to his body. He knows exactly where the ball will be because he claps his hands together at the perfect spot but does it too late. What reallybecomes questionable is his apparent trip after the ball hits his body. He drags his left foot all the way through the stride and falls down. Now, I believehe had the tripped planed no matter what as insurance--whether or not he would've caught it, the ball wouldn't of been held in his glove because of thefall.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

I believe Holliday purposely drop the ball thus ensuring the dodgers to have another chance. For what reason, I do not know for sure but it could possibly be for $.
I have read some idiotic posts on Niketalk, but this might be a candidate for most nonsensical post of all time.

I believe Holliday purposely drop the ball thus ensuring the dodgers to have another chance. For what reason, I do not know for sure but it could possibly be for $.

Why did you just take me back to middle/high school with all these Laker fans always claiming they lost away purposely?

Matt is that you?

28iykuw.gif

I was the only Dodger fan at the bar I was at but it didn't stop me from jumping around and screaming like a madman. Damn that felt so good. Amazingending.

bro I had an extra ticket!

Shouldve hit me up

I gave one to the GFs sister for a Hef and a super dog
laugh.gif
smh.gif
And she paid for parking voluntarily

Bye Bye Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn so I coulda sat next to your girls sis, she single? lol but na man there is no way I would have been able to make it. Had too much bs to take care oftoday. Good looking out though. Hopefully you don't have to attend a game 5.

A win is a win, and I'm super glad the Dodgers were able to squeeze one out just like the old early season Dodgers.

Comeback Kids.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Just saw the highlights on espn
eek.gif
eek.gif

Holiday
smh.gif
If it wasn't for First B0rn being a Cardinals fan, I might actually feel bad for the guy
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Great Comeback none the less. Word to Holliday, your check is in the mail.
laugh.gif

so glad i pulled a cincoseisdos and went to the game today instead of giving up the tickets. wainwright was filthy man.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

I have read some idiotic posts on Niketalk, but this might be a candidate for most nonsensical post of all time.
Ditto!

eek.gif

smokin.gif

I've been home for awhile now. I'm still pumped. Definitely one of the best Dodger games I have ever seen live,
eek.gif

The last inning was just something else. I was biting my nails, still trying to stay positive after Matt Kemp got jammed in the 8th with the basesloaded.

I watched the bottom of the 9th from Loge 112 (Concourse). One of my boys, yelled out "!$*$" when Loney hit that line drive and walked back a fewsteps,
laugh.gif

Casey Blake's at bat....
smokin.gif

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't looking forward to seeing Ronnie bat, but that was clutch,
smokin.gif

Mark Loretta,
smokin.gif
. I'm not going to lie on this one either, Ididn't think he deserved a roster spot with his Mendoza Line batting average,
laugh.gif
. His last hit of the regular season was a clutch hit as well, and I still didn't want him to get a spot, I told one of my friends: "Idon't want him to get a spot, but with that hit Torre will give him a spot"
laugh.gif

I watched it live with no commentary, but I got this link via Dodger Thoughts and watched it twice. It is Vin Scully's call of the comeback,
smokin.gif
. It gave me chills.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=7028745

It is time to off these guys. You can't give a team like the Cardinals a chance to come back. Time to strike, rip their hearts out.

Vicente Padilla, it is time to earn your next paycheck.
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom