OFFICIAL 2009 NFL DRAFT (APRIL 25-26) VOL. NFL SALVATION

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Dave Hyde, of the South Florida SunSentinel, reports Miami Dolphins QB Pat White will compete at the quarterback position and serve as the team's quarterback in the Wildcat offense.
pimp.gif

dammit
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

With talk about Crabtree....one of next years top picks, Bradford.

Always workin outa shot gun, great O line, guys making plays after the catch...Am I the only one not buying him at all?
I prefer McCoy to Bradford.

I honestly think that Bradford shoulda came out last year, if he is planning on leaving early.

His game vs. UF cemented a feeling that I had all along about him.

I prefer McCoy to Bradford.
You're not alone in that, although Colts game doesn't exactly translate perfectly to the NFL either.

Jevan is the best pro prospect outta all the QB's coming out next year imo

Some team is gonna be bamboozled by Bradford....if anything, (assuming he declares) I'm looking at Jevan Snead...

The Packers did it this draft, the addressed their main issues, Defense and O-Line. I'm going to need to pay attention to that division as a whole nextseason

Originally Posted by jville819

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those MAC dudes be the 1st QB off the board.

Or even Pike from Cinci. Though him, McCoy,Bradford and Snead to a certain extent are going to have ?'s

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by jville819

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those MAC dudes be the 1st QB off the board.

Or even Pike from Cinci. Though him, McCoy,Bradford and Snead to a certain extent are going to have ?'s
I like Pike but who are these MAC QB's you're talking about. Other than Dan LeFevour I haven't heard any mid mjaor QB making noise and I believe LeFevour plays in somewhat of a gimmick offense.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I liked Seattle getting Curry and a #1 next year.

F the Patriots. Damn it, why do people keep giving away their picks to them? 2 second rounders in 10 already?
grin.gif
God damn it they're smart.
laugh.gif

I did NOT like what the Broncos did, AT ALL. A RB with the #12? Don't they have like 8 already? Trading away a #1 next year?
The whole basis of that Cutler deal should have been to use the multiple first rounders to rebuild the rest of the team at worst, minus the QB position. Moreno better be TD 2.0 or they're even more screwed.
smh.gif

Philly did have a great draft. 2 playmakers + depth and Ingram could work out nicely for them as well.

The Jets sure like putting their eggs all in one basket. I hope they fail miserably.

I took Delmas with the 33 in our first mock, and I took Stafford at 1 and Pettigrew at 20 in the second mock.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Someone in their front office be copying me.
laugh.gif

I was stunned to see Bill draft athletes rather then lineman types.
eek.gif
Davis and Smith, I hope one of them works out at least. And White and the USC kid better learn how to be solid WR's quick, cuz we have real needs there. Hope they pan out, but I dunno about this draft. Seemed like each pick had a question mark next to it.

CP, I told you we were drafting 2 CB's early. You didn't want to believe me until I told you why

^
I never seen a Bill draft where he goes skill positions pick after pick.
eek.gif

CB, QB/WR, CB, WR, WR..........I just couldn't beleive it. Bill never ever ever drafts that way.

Still don't see a top notch WR on our team though. Running the wildcat full time is not gonna work out well.

the only knock on the jets was the low number of picks they had...A- is fitting imo. of course, that depends on how good you think sanchez is. i actually thinkhe will do well for them
smh.gif

I think Sanchez will be fine, the Jets (at least) were one of the few teams that actually took risks this draft and didn't play it safe.

April 29, 2008
[h1]Rivals.com 2009 NFL Mock Draft[/h1]
Rivals.com Staff
Now that the 2008 NFL Draft is in the books, we're taking a shot at predicting the first round of the 2009 draft.
The teams are listed in our predicted order of finish, and unlike some organizations we have included underclassmen in our mock.
[table][tr][td]RIVALS.COM 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
kansascity_nfllogos.gif
1. Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia*
Stafford is entering his third year as a starter. Scouts say he is the best pro-style quarterback prospect since Carson Palmer. He can throw with velocity, from different release points and moves well in the pocket.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
atlanta_nfllogos.gif
2. Fili Moala, DT, USC
The 300-pounder is stout and his value goes far beyond numbers - he makes his teammates better, too. He is versatile enough to play in any defensive scheme.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
oakland_nfllogos.gif
3. Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
Many were surprised the Tennessee native decided to return, but the move will likely make him a top-10 pick. He has made 34 consecutive starts and is a left tackle at the next level.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
stlouis_nfllogos.gif
4. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
A proven ball-hawk, Jenkins will likely be the first corner off the board in 2009. He has good size, speed and athleticism, but what makes him special is his propensity for big plays.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
miami_nfllogos.gif
5. LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh*
McCoy has the speed of Tony Dorsett, but he's surprisingly physical. He has a higher ceiling than any other back on the board. Even though he is a true sophomore, he is three years removed from high school because he spent one year at a prep school.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
cincinnati_nfllogos.gif
6. Maurice Evans, DE, Penn State*
Very strong at the point of attack for a player who is such a good pass rusher (12½ sacks in '07). He uses good leverage and is considered a smart player. Some feel he's a better long-term prospect than Chris Long.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
detroit_nfllogos.gif
7. Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC
He's not as technically sound as many other linebackers, but is a big play waiting to happen. He has more than ample speed and athleticism, and can be as good as it gets at the point of attack.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
sanfrancisco_nfllogos.gif
8. Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech*
Another sophomore who could turn pro because he redshirted his first year in Lubbock. He mixes incredible hands with stellar athleticism and surprising quickness and speed. Such a natural, it's amazing that he's only played receiver for two years.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nyjets_nfllogos.gif
9. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State*
Wells is more of a traditional big back but has plenty of speed, just enough wiggle and does not shy from contact. A real chore to defend in the fourth quarter.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
baltimore_nfllogos.gif
10. Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
Looking for a potential combine warrior in 2009? Johnson could be it. He's only made one college start, but scouts swear by the former basketball player's athleticism and upside.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
chicago_nfllogos.gif
11. Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn
No interior lineman in the country plays consistently better than Marks. He is outstanding against the run and shows flashes as a pass rusher. Some think he's a Warren Sapp-type.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
philadelphia_nfllogos.gif
12. (from Carolina) Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
He replaced former first-round pick D'Brickashaw Ferguson as the Cavs' left tackle, and soon he will follow in Ferguson's footsteps by hearing his name called in the first round.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
denver_nfllogos.gif
13. Taylor Mays, FS, USC*
Mays has linebacker size (6-4, 215) and plays with linebacker-sized ferocity while he patrols the middle of the field. He can run, too.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
houston_nfllogos.gif
14. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR Maryland*
Bey hasn't been that productive with the Terps, but he has great size (6-3, 200 pounds), good hands and big-time speed.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tennessee_nfllogos.gif
15. Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana*
NFL teams covet pass-rushing ends, and Middleton - who led the nation with 16 sacks last season - is just that. He was a consensus All-Big Ten selection.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arizona_nfllogos.gif
16. Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
Unlike former teammate Brandon Flowers, Harris decided to return for his senior year. He has tremendous ball skills and is a legit 4.3 40-yard dash guy, which will only boost his stock in the postseason.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
philadelphia_nfllogos.gif
17. George Selvie, DE, South Florida*
Considered a little on the light side, but is highly productive. Named Big East defensive player of the year in 2007. Has a great first step and very good athleticism.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
washington_nfllogos.gif
18. Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
Returns for his third full season as the Buckeyes' left tackle. He has prototypical size, but can get stronger. It's unclear if he's best suited for the left or right side in the NFL, but this will be a very telling season for Boone.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
minnesota_nfllogos.gif
19. Andre Smith, OT, Alabama*
No offensive tackle - not even Oher - has more upside than Smith. However, Smith is battling weight issues that have slowed him. He could be a special left tackle, much in the mold of Flozell Adams, who can protect and run block with the best of them.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
buffalo_nfllogos.gif
20. Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin*
Could be next year's Dustin Keller - he is a tad undersized, but is a terrific athlete. He's a real threat in the passing game and can be physical in the run game when pushed.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tampabay_nfllogos.gif
21. Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia
Owens lacks prototypical size, but has the quickness teams look for in penetrating linemen. Recorded 22 quarterback hurries in 2007 and he nearly declared off of that campaign. He made a good decision to return.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
greenbay_nfllogos.gif
22. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson*
Many scouts like teammate James Davis better, but Spiller is similar to Felix Jones. He has outstanding explosiveness, is a tougher-than-expected runner and can be a real threat in the passing game.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
cleveland_nfllogos.gif
23. Herman Johnson, OG, LSU
Johnson checks in at 6-7, 351 pounds. He can overpower opponents and may be able to play some right tackle, although most see him as a right guard.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
seattle_nfllogos.gif
24. Percy Harvin, WR, Florida*
Would be much higher on the list, possibly ahead of even Crabtree, but scouts are concerned about the spate of injuries. Even with the injuries, he's considered a tough player. He'll run in the mid 4.3s at the Combine if healthy.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pittsburgh_nfllogos.gif
25. James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio State
He can do it all - stop the run (121 tackles), get into the backfield (five sacks) and even drop into coverage. The only knock from scouts is that he needs to become more physical. Some teams were able to run the ball right at him last year.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nygiants_nfllogos.gif
26. Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
He suffered an injury-plagued season in '07, but has been the team's most consistent playmaker. He's a pass-rushing demon who could be a star in the right 3-4 defense at the NFL level.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
neworleans_nfllogos.gif
27. Kyle Moore, DE, USC*
Scouts love his versatility but would like to see more production. Moore has a great frame and even drops into coverage at times.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
jacksonville_nfllogos.gif
28. Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati
A solid contributor from Day One, Mickens is a sure tackler who plays the run and the pass well. He always finds himself around the ball (six interceptions in 2007), but needs to get stronger.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
sandiego_nfllogos.gif
29. Derek Pegues, S/CB, Mississippi State*
Pegues converted from corner to safety as a sophomore and has blossomed since. He became a difference-maker late last year for the Bulldogs.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
newengland_nfllogos.gif
30. Ladarius Webb, CB, Nicholls State
This is the small school defender with the best chance to jump up the boards. He's 5-11, 185 pounds, has great ball skills and is also a fantastic return man.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dallas_nfllogos.gif
31. Rudy Carpenter, QB, Arizona State
Dennis Erickson knows how to coach up quarterbacks, and Carpenter has a better skill set than most of his former protégés. If injuries come out OK, he'll rise.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
indianapolis_nfllogos.gif
32. Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
Coffman split tight end duties the past two seasons with fourth-round pick Martin Rucker. Coffman runs crisp routes, has reliable hands and is a plus-athlete.[/td] [/tr][/table]
* - Denotes underclassman.

bro, hold off on that. CI's knee is very badly damaged. He has been told he needs another reconstruction. There's a reason he fell all the way to 5

i posted this in the Raiders thread, but this just proves the idiocy of ESPN nowadays:

here is the clip. they're just ripping him (DHB) then they bring him on like he couldn't hear what they said.

Cris Carter is a certified %++!%!$ idiot..
alien.gif

indifferent.gif
smh.gif

if anyone out there can still rock with ESPN, i don't know what to tell you..

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Not to be biased but my Bengals had a GREAT draft.
Nobody should dispute that.
idk Cincy got a couple steals, but I won't give them any credit for their draft because they keep drafting guys they need to pass on. Theystill have no clue, and keep doing the same old #*%* that's been causing their downfall.

what is wrong with with CC said? because he is talking #*%* about ur favorite player he is a idiot?

what is wrong with with CC said? because he is talking #*%* about ur favorite player he is a idiot?

he's an idiot for trashing DHB as a player, instead of directing his ire at the Raiders for picking DHB at #7.

it's not his fault the Raiders drafted him. hell, he probably didn't even want to go there.

but at least have some class and not bash the dude right before you bring him on for an interview.

Back
Top Bottom