Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Who have yall seen faster with the ball than Ron Moore this tournament? Lawson, Lucas? Isaiah?

I'd probably say those 3 and that's it. 10 assists to 2 TO's against Louisville's press was damn impressive and he was breakin it solo.

Originally Posted by SneakerSoldier

am I the only one who thinks gonzaga can beat unc? Gonzaga beat them in 2006 with a less talented team then they have now, and unc had all the same players the have now minus brandan wright. ty lawson didnt look 100 percent and if pargo shows up i think the zags will knock them off.

They can. Any given day. But I dont think they will.
Kansas is doing better than I thought they would. Lets see if they can blow my mind and make the Elite 8.

wow we are 2 point favs?..... i bet by game day it will be the other way around or atleast even.....i would hit the money online on nova if i could..... whatare other current lines?

am I the only one who thinks gonzaga can beat unc? Gonzaga beat them in 2006 with a less talented team then they have now, and unc had all the same players the have now minus brandan wright. ty lawson didnt look 100 percent and if pargo shows up i think the zags will knock them off.
I got Zaga FF.

Originally Posted by 18key

They can. Any given day. But I dont think they will.
Kansas is doing better than I thought they would. Lets see if they can blow my mind and make the Elite 8.
anything can happen
if ty lawson isnt healthy they can go down, but if he played like he did the other night...

Yooooo

pimp.gif
PF#43

Btw thanks to all my NT fam who looked out for me and said a prayer or even just checked to see how I was doin.

Not to put a damper on the thread, but for those that asked, my dad passed away last nite so I flew back home early this mornin.

Thanks again

Gonzaga matches up with us really really well.

Lawson vs Pargo- I would give the edge to Ty. When he is playing at the level he played at against LSU, its tough to beat us.
Ellington vs Bouldin- I would say this match up is pretty even. Wayne has really been playing well lately. Everytime I see Bouldin play he just seems realsmooth and has a high bball IQ.
Green vs Downs- DG hasn't been shooting too well lately and we can't afford for him to have an off game. DG also lacks lateral quickness, so guarding aquicker player like Downs could be tough.
Thompson vs Daye- Big advantage for Gonzaga. Daye plays a lot on the perimeter and as of late Deon hasn't been playing well. Dayes athleticism could reallyhurt us. It might be better for us to put Hansbrough on him b/c he defend the perimeter better and has more lateral quickness.
Hansbrough vs Heytvelt- We all know what Hansbrough brings to the table and from watching Heytvelt the other night I wasn't too impressed.

Also I can see Ed Davis getting a lot of Deon's minutes and guarding Heytvelt with Hansbrough switching over to Daye.

We can't have any stupid mental lapses on defense and we have to shoot the ball well. We need to pound the ball down low and try to get them, especiallyDaye, in foul trouble.

Gonzaga passes the ball really well so I hope we aren't overly eager providing help D.

This should be one hell of a game. I can't wait til next Friday
pimp.gif

EDIT- Gunna sorry to hear that man. My condolences go out to you and your family. Stay up.

my condolences go out to you n your fam gunna

but yo this story on nolan smith is good....i still hate duke though
laugh.gif

KLJ or anyone familiar with the Zags can you give me your thoughts on the match ups and maybe tell me about Gonzagas bench?

i think zaga can beat unc. Pargo vs Lawson
pimp.gif

tired.gif
sorry to hear that gunna, stay strong...
and my thoughts and prayers are out to u and ur fam

Sorry to hear that Gunna
tired.gif

That quote from the "What is your relationship with your father like?" thread was
pimp.gif

Lawson vs Pargo-is best head to head match up in this game, i think both of em have to play well for their teams to win and they play very similar stylebasketball
Bouldin vs Ellington-i would say its even wayne better shooter but bouldin is better basketball player so they will cancel each other out
Downs vs Green- i think this match up will decide the game, whoever plays better will win. Both players are streaky and whoever can get off will carry theirteam
Daye vs Thompson- daye will get his points but can thompson keep him out of the point and get him into fould trouble down low is the question
Heytvelt-Hansbrough- i think will be closer then expected josh dominated in 06 but since is ankle injury hasnt been the same, and hansbrough has developed intothe premier big guy in cbb, if heytvelt can some how manage to limit him to around 20 and keep him off offensive glass, he did his job.

bench play is pretty even outside of drew, frasor and davis unc is pretty limited and the zags only have goodson, gray and brown, goodson is playing great,gray can go for 30 any given night or he can go for 5, and brown will come in and hustle, and gaurd anyone on the floor so it makes for a great friday night oftelevision.

edit: i dont know you gunna but when my grandma died I found the quote "death ends a life not a relationship" very helpful, keep your head up andR.I.P your pops

Damn, sorry to hear about that Gunna... Condolences to you and your family. RIP. I'll keep you in my prayers man...
ohwell.gif

My bracket isn't in great shape.. but i still like my final four outlook with MSU, Memphis, Zags, and Pitt... none have looked amazing, but it'susually those teams that take on a little adversity early who shine in week 2.. or at least, that's what i've noticed.

Still - long way to go.. i could easily miss on all 4, as there are some GREAT matchups coming up next week.

As much fun as having a lot of upsets are, when the chalk has to actually matchup with other chalk, america wins a little bit.

Sorry to hear that Gunna. My sister passed from cancer on the 7th also. Stay up, know what your going through.

Good grief.

4 games coming up Thursday and 4 games coming up Friday. What are the game times?

Thursday
UConn/Purdue 7 PM
Pitt/Xavier 7:30 PM

Memphis/Missouri 9:30 PM
Duke/Villanova 9:30 PM

Friday
Louisville/Arizona 7 PM
Oklahoma/Syracuse 7:30 PM

Kansas/Michigan State 9:30 PM
NC/Gonzaga 10 PM

God forbid we could get all 4 games in a row throughout the day.

sorry to hear that
frown.gif
tired.gif

Juicy, i don't have any stats on it, but safe to say now that Carolina is better with Ed Davis on the floor? Adds things that Deon can't.

Back
Top Bottom