Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

this is a photoshop from a KU messageboard that I frequently visit. It's epic.

Here's the original.

roywilliams.com

^ Theycould use you.

March 24, 2009, 5:03 pm
[h2]Debunking the Myths About the No. 2s[/h2] By Ray Glier
The myths were bursting with the No. 2 seeds in Kansas City last weekend. Think about them as you look ahead to the Round of 16: No. 2 Memphis vs. Missouri and No. 2 Oklahoma vs. Syracuse.

Myth 1: Memphis cannot make outside shots. The Tigers hit 10 of 19 against Maryland and ran the Terrapins out of the gym, 89-70.

Roburt Sallie, a reserve, was a star in a first-round victory over Cal State Northridge, making 10 3-pointers. Doneal Mack hurt Maryland in the second round by hitting 5 of 7 beyond the arc.

Myth 2: Memphis can be pressured.

The freshman point guard Tyreke Evans is 6 feet 6 inches and can see over a double-team. One pass, two pass, and the ball is up the floor. Few teams can finish at the rim like the tall Tigers.

The last team to beat Memphis in a Conference USA game was an Alabama-Birmingham team coached by the current Missouri coach, Mike Anderson. A disciple of the former Arkansas coach Nolan Richardson (40 minutes of hell), Anderson's team plays defense for 94 feet.

Myth 3: Oklahoma had its run with its one-man team.

The Sooners swooned at the end of the season when their defense betrayed them. The defense is back, not just with Blake Griffin prowling the lane, but with a determined Tony Crocker, among others, picking up the pace on defense.

Crocker did not make a field goal in the second-round victory over Michigan, but the 6-foot-6 guard hounded Michigan's best player, Manny Harris, who was 3 of 9 from the field.

Michigan shot 39 percent. Morgan State 28 percent.

Guards Willie Warren and Austin Johnson made 6 of 13 3-pointers against Michigan, offering some evidence that the 2-3 Syracuse zone will not be able to fold down on Griffin.

^ I'm hoping Duke takes it. I'll bet Krzyzewski will have his guys ready

This game is pretty interesting to me...I think it's going to come down to how Nova's bigs play and if Duke's shooters hit early.

Only way Nova loses to Duke is officiating.

The idea of Cunningham picking up 2 in the first 7, 8 minutes is a real possibility.

Just going out on a limb.

I don't think Purdue is that much less talented that it's out of the realm of possibility for them to win.

Think they can keep it close, but Johnson has been their go to guy now, and that just is not gona fly tonight.

I think UConn runs away late...

And even though I have Memphis in the Final Four, I'm kinda leaning Mizzou's way here...

Pitt and Nova win close ones...

My picks:

Duke
Memphis
UConn
Pitt

No upsets
ohwell.gif
...I'm pretty sure I might get 1 or 2 wrong

Haha Seymour unlike you my bracket aint busted yet we'll see after tonight though

Ty Law Son All Day, keep that toe on cortizone and their is no denying the Heels!!!

If the Heels do lose it will be tomorrow against the Zags, if they get past them, Chalk It Up!!!

I picked Nova to win in my bracket, IDK why, but I think Duke is going to win pretty easily tonight.

Go UConn. Go Memphis. Go Pitt.

Back
Top Bottom