Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Al3xis

And if Ward was killin Duke off the dribble what will Fisher and to a lesser extent Reynolds do?
That was partly b/c they couldn't come off AJ.

Nova has no shooters = to AJ.
but couldn't you say that Nova has more shooters.

It'll be a mistake if they come off Stokes.

he's just about as good a shooter. 5 attempts a game at a 43% clip.

The Cats going the farthest out of the Pac-10 teams.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

That was one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen. With under 5 seconds left and a 4 point lead, why even go anywhere near the guy? He's so lucky they didn't call that a foul. I was rooting for the kid to get a 4 point play even though that would've messed up my bracket just because of how stupid that was.

Even though Marquette was likely to lose... That half court shot was definitely a foul and should have been called. That blatent non-call messes with theintegrity of the game, IMO.

I think with all this talk about the top 2 conferences being so great and mighty yet are having major trouble in the tourney that Memphis could sneak in andwin it. Everyone calls them out about playing in the C-USA and the earlier losses, I know they had trouble the 1st round but I just feel they got it togetherand looked great against Maryland.

Maybe it's just me but I have the most confidence in them to win the whole thing outta all the teams left

I don't think anyone should be too proud of themselves for leading in the bracket competition thus far - the sweet 16 is chalk sans two teams. was itreally that hard picking all favorites again?
laugh.gif

Even though Marquette was likely to lose... That half court shot was definitely a foul and should have been called. That blatent non-call messes with the integrity of the game, IMO
Agree, that was a very bad no-call. I don't think Marquette would've won, but you have to call that. Also, what the hell was thatdefender thinking?!

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by SCuse7

If Uconn can get past Purdue I think there good for the final 4.
You think purdue is a bigger challenge than Memphis??

I do, especially right now. A few weeks ago I would have thought it was more debatable, but Purdue has been rolling.

Earlier in the year Purdue was picked to a lot better then they ended up. They have more talent then Memphis.

Maybe it's me talking like this because after we beat Memphis IN Memphis I just never have thought their as good as people say. They haven't beentested in a long time by a good team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they even lose to Mizzou.

I am prolly wrong, but I just don't like Memphis at all. Most people would take a Dozier/Evans/Taggart/Anderson/Sallie/Kemp team orHummell/Grant/Moore/Kramer/Johnson.

What do you guys think about Michigan State/Kansas?

two teams I really don't think are that good. But Lucas/Sherron will be great
pimp.gif

I'm just sayin on talent, Memphis has 2-4 pros eventually. Purdue MIGHT have one.

Michigan State wiped the floor with them in East Lansing, don't expect that again...but still give them the nod.

Arizona has seen our fair share of doubters all year. So far we have proven everyone wrong

Cats to the elite 8.

am I the only one who thinks gonzaga can beat unc? Gonzaga beat them in 2006 with a less talented team then they have now, and unc had all the same players thehave now minus brandan wright. ty lawson didnt look 100 percent and if pargo shows up i think the zags will knock them off.

Back
Top Bottom