Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

0216fc7f80f91e62df84097185bd03f1-getty-84254636rm118_ncaa_first_ro.jpg

Anybody know what Greivis Vasquez and Shawn Taggart's plans are? Both are juniors and if anyone could shed light on the situation I'd appreciate it.Are they returning or are they going to try their luck in the draft?

I think Vazquez said he would enter his name but not sign an agent...if he stays, he'll end up being an early second round pick at best.

Don't think Taggart is on a NBA team's radar at this point, so no need for him to test the waters at all.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Anybody know what Greivis Vasquez and Shawn Taggart's plans are? Both are juniors and if anyone could shed light on the situation I'd appreciate it. Are they returning or are they going to try their luck in the draft?

Greivis has said he is gone. Taggart isn't even getting mentioned of being drafted IDK why he'd leave.

embarrassed to be a terp right now. %#@^ this, this school has sucked at basketball since i got there. gary is a loser.

Originally Posted by jville819

Anybody know what Greivis Vasquez and Shawn Taggart's plans are? Both are juniors and if anyone could shed light on the situation I'd appreciate it. Are they returning or are they going to try their luck in the draft?

Greivis has said he is gone. Taggart isn't even getting mentioned of being drafted IDK why he'd leave.
No, Greivis isn't gone. He will test the NBA draft, but won't (for the time being) sign an agent. If he's got a good chance of beingdrafted, he will most likely be done.

I'm not sure if he would even be drafted at this point, so I think he may stay.

gary is a loser

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

GV never said he was gone. those were false reports by a hack journalist who works for the Washington Post. he said he would test the waters andsee where things stand.

he also said he would 100% come back if Lance Stephenson signed with Maryland, but that's not looking very probable at this point.

as for Taggart, i have never heard "Shawn Taggart" and "NBA Draft" in the same sentence.

I hate AJ Abrams as much as anybody that follows college basketball, but the kid's number will and should be hung in the rafters in Austin... Great career.
pimp.gif

Tough game for the Horns down the stretch... They had a chance when Elliot missed the two free throws, but blew the rebound...
smh.gif
Can't let opportunitieslike that slip away, they deserved to lose that game...

Mike Goodson's baby brother and Ty Lawson...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Great stuff...

UConn, Nova, and Memphis looked SERIOUS today...

Ready for tomorrow already
laugh.gif

[h1]Point guard James cleared to play[/h1][h2]Senior guard broke foot on Feb. 25[/h2]
By Todd Rosiak of the Journal Sentinel
Boise, Idaho - In a stunning development, seniorguard Dominic James has been cleared to play Sunday in the Marquette Golden Eagles' second-round NCAA tournament game against the Missouri Tigers.

James suffered a broken bone in his left foot Feb. 25, early in a game against Connecticut, and underwent surgery to have a screw inserted into it two dayslater.

The injury initially was expected to be season-ending. But over the past week James underwent numerous tests, an individual workout Friday and then practicedwith the Golden Eagles for 90 minutes Saturday.

With no pain in the foot, James was given the all-clear to play late Saturday night.

"We've talked to some experts in the field, and these cases are known, have happened in elite athletes - college and the pros," said athletictrainer Ernest Eugene. "He's been so instrumental in this, obviously. He's been so dedicated being where he's supposed to be everyday, doingwhat he needs to do, and he's surpassed every goal."

It's unclear whether James will start, or how many minutes he'll play, but Eugene said it's likely he'll have to be limited some. James alsowill be playing with a custom-made orthotic in his shoe, in order to help protect the foot.

The news undoubtedly will provide a huge lift for the sixth-seeded Golden Eagles (25-9), who are going to need all the manpower they can muster against thethird-seeded Tigers (29-6) at Taco Bell Arena.

James is averaging 11.4 points, 3.5 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 2.2 steals on the season. His abilities to penetrate, distribute and defend have been sorelymissed by MU.
Source

LEEETTTSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

[h1]Point guard James cleared to play[/h1] [h2]Senior guard broke foot on Feb. 25[/h2]
By Todd Rosiak of the Journal Sentinel
Boise, Idaho - In a stunning development, senior guard Dominic James has been cleared to play Sunday in the Marquette Golden Eagles' second-round NCAA tournament game against the Missouri Tigers.

James suffered a broken bone in his left foot Feb. 25, early in a game against Connecticut, and underwent surgery to have a screw inserted into it two days later.

The injury initially was expected to be season-ending. But over the past week James underwent numerous tests, an individual workout Friday and then practiced with the Golden Eagles for 90 minutes Saturday.

With no pain in the foot, James was given the all-clear to play late Saturday night.

"We've talked to some experts in the field, and these cases are known, have happened in elite athletes - college and the pros," said athletic trainer Ernest Eugene. "He's been so instrumental in this, obviously. He's been so dedicated being where he's supposed to be everyday, doing what he needs to do, and he's surpassed every goal."

It's unclear whether James will start, or how many minutes he'll play, but Eugene said it's likely he'll have to be limited some. James also will be playing with a custom-made orthotic in his shoe, in order to help protect the foot.

The news undoubtedly will provide a huge lift for the sixth-seeded Golden Eagles (25-9), who are going to need all the manpower they can muster against the third-seeded Tigers (29-6) at Taco Bell Arena.

James is averaging 11.4 points, 3.5 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 2.2 steals on the season. His abilities to penetrate, distribute and defend have been sorely missed by MU.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/41640992.html
47125a64f667bdceda73f430eb6eae3791cad1f.gif

HGH?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom