OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

I wouldn't mind having Bronson Arroyo or Aaron Harang.

They are both getting hit hard, but gettin away from a hitters park to a pitchers park will do wonders. They have both shown some success, and getting put ona contender might turn them around. Plus, they will be less expensive than Lee and Halladay.

Arroyo still has about $17 million left on his deal ($11 million next year, and an $11 million club option for 2011). Harang will make $12.5 million next yearwith a $12.75 million club option for 2011 ($2 million buyout).

I don't see Halladay being moved. Their price is way too high right now. Lee is also a longshot.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

what did the blue jays aks the dodgers for?
Kershaw and Kemp or 6 prospects supposedly.
roll.gif

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2009/7/27/964353/to-win-this-year-dodgers-need-an#comments

This had me PISSED. I was arguin with dude in the comments.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

FrenchBlue23 wrote:

I also have that "anything can happen" mentality, I'm enjoying this season so much, but at the same time, I have no high expectations because that's just the way it's been all these years. Can't help it.
eyes.gif
I'm sayin
frown.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

We have the best record in baseball.

Enjoy it.

It's very possible to be realistic and optimistic at the same time.

roll.gif

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2009/7/27/964353/to-win-this-year-dodgers-need-an#comments

This had me PISSED. I was arguin with dude in the comments.
Just read through the comments,
roll.gif

Still calling the Dodgers youngsters "unproven",
laugh.gif
. Did theynot see them wipe out the favored Cubs last season in the NLDS. Billingsley and Kershaw have more experience in the playoffs than Roy Halladay. That is afact.

If anyone would have said that Cole Hamels was going to be the NLCS and World Series MVP at the beginning of the 2008 season, they would have been told to"shoot themselves". I'm happy to see that trading for an Ace worked for the Brewers last season. Last I remember, the World Series championhipparade was held in Philadelphia, not Milwuakee.

Do we need a veteran Ace? Yes. At the cost of an emerging Ace? No.

Anyone who doesn't think that Billingsley learned from the NLCS last season, has not watched baseball this season.

If we trade Billingsley/Kershaw for Halladay/Lee, as Dodger fans we will regret it when Billingsley and Kershaw are dominant Aces in their late 20's whilewe deal with injuries to the aging Halladay/Lee.

Chad Billingsley is a proven Major League All Star, that is on his way to becoming a solid Ace and is only 24. You do not trade him for a veteran Ace that ison the wrong side of 30 (Halladay is 32). Even though Halladay can handle the playoff pressure better than Billingsley.....oh wait, let me point out again,that Roy Halladay has NEVER pitched in the playoffs (not his fault, the Jays have just sucked for that long). Lee hasn't either, despite the fact that theIndians made it to the NLCS in 2007, taking the Red Sox to Game 7. Oh yeah, Lee was left off the playoff roster.

I don't have the time or energy to sign up for an account, but feel free to post that for me,
glasses.gif

tonight's lineup

Furcal, SS

Hudson, 2B

Manny, LF

Ethier, RF

Blake, 3B

Loney, 1B

Martin, C

Kemp, CF
Wolf, P

wait so is this whole loney to cleveland thing true? i have been out of the loop and i think i saw this on tv last night?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Is there a reason why tonight's game starts at 4:10, but the rest of the games in the series start at 5:15??
grin.gif

Tonights game is on espn, that's why the time change.

Originally Posted by sinser13

Is there a reason why tonight's game starts at 4:10, but the rest of the games in the series start at 5:15??
grin.gif

Tonights game is on espn, that's why the time change.
Boo!!!
laugh.gif

That means that Prime Ticket will be booted in favor of ESPN.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

wait so is this whole loney to cleveland thing true? i have been out of the loop and i think i saw this on tv last night?
It appears to be a rumor that Ken Rosenthal pulled out of his !@*.

Rosenthal is always doing that, and he does it with that stupid smirk on his face
laugh.gif

Rosenthal is always doing that, and he does it with that stupid smirk on his face
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah dudes on MLBTR and other sites were going crazy when Rosenthal dropped that rumor. I never believed it for a second. Dude has never been right aboutANYTHING.
laugh.gif

grin.gif

I don't know about Loney cutting that ball off.

Like Wolf, I thought there was a good chance of getting DeRosa at the plate.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/dodgers-after-george-sherrill.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers After George Sherrill[/h1]
By Mike Axisa [July 27 at 7:03pm CST]

Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse tweets that the Dodgers "are in hard on" Orioles closer George Sherrill. The O's, in turn, have been looking at LHP prospect Scott Elbert, "but have reservations about him." Elbert missed just about the entire 2007 season with shoulder surgery, but has recovered nicely to strike out 20 batters in 17.1 big league innings.

The Dodgers have been looking for pitching help for some time, and they added a key lefthander to the roster today, activating Hong-Chih Kuo from the disabled list.

grin.gif

Scott Elbert is a high ceiling prospect. Injuries derailed his 2007 season, but he has come along nicely in his last three appearances. He is only 23. Ilike Sherrill, don't want to give up Elbert.

Back
Top Bottom