OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Dre
pimp.gif

What the $$$@ is going on?

Jmac / Leach / Troncoso ain't doing so well in relief
sick.gif

*edit*

This game got out of hand quick
indifferent.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Damn that was a horrible outing by Ramon.

did any of you guys like paul depodesta? im going at itwith a firend on how big of a bum he was but he swears up and down he is better then ned

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

did any of you guys like paul depodesta? im going at itwith a firend on how big of a bum he was but he swears up and down he is better then ned
I thought he was decent. A lot of things he did I thought we smart but if they don't work out then it's tough. I just find it silly thatPlaschke tried so hard to get him fired.

As for comparing him and Ned, just consider CF. Kemp is the 4th most valuable player in all of baseball based on WAR. Ned is paying Pierre AND Andruw Jonesboth a ton of money to play that position and neither of them are. Don't even get me started on Schmidt, or all of the horrible trades he has made.

They both hav their positives and negatives, if it weren't for getting lucky with Manny, Ned probably gets fired in this past off-season, and now he'smost likely going to get an extension. If there's one thing Ned does that we all weren't sure DePo could do is work well with, and most importantly,LISTEN to Logan White. IMO the combination of Colletti, Ng and White works well better than DePo, Ng and White, but DePo was clearly the more innovativethinker and a little more knowledgable than Ned.

Rafael Furcal, SS
Orlando Hudson, 2B
Manny Ramirez, LF
Andre Ethier, RF
Casey Blake, 3B
James Loney, 1B
Russell Martin, C
Matt Kemp, CF
Hiroki Kuroda, P

I'm too tired to go into detail with DePo, I will say his whole approach onto putting a team together is interesting. He's a number and statisticsdude, I don't think he really went for building a team that had good chemistry / character.

IMO he relied a little too much in analyzing statistics, spent too much time on the computer with his little program plugging players names in seeing what avgthey'll have and OPS rather than seeing what your eyes tell you about them.

Other than that been hauling furniture since 8am, when I read who the marlins starting pitcher was I thought it was VanderHUNK (nh)
smh.gif

The Angels offered the Jays Jared Weaver and still the Jays declined
eek.gif

These dudes are nuts.

They're trying to get a ridiculous deal. I think it'll get done the last day to the phillies. Right now is when they'll get the highest return forhim. A team will get at least another year with him. Next year at the deadline, they won't be able to get as much since he'll only be with the team fora couple months. It makes the most sense for them to trade him now

Back
Top Bottom