OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Man, I don't even like gettin x-rays that **$* hurts
laugh.gif

but thanks man, hopefully you won't have to get it done.

I'm just looking forward to the anesthesia and then the norco / vikes prescription afterwards
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif

I'm just looking forward to the anesthesia and then the norco / vikes prescription afterwards
nerd.gif
I pray to God I don't ever have to.

But the Meds after surgery, you will never feel and sleep so comfortably in your life.
laugh.gif

Like a daze.

i never got my wisdom teeth pulled. i went to the dentist a few months ago and he said there was one that i could get pulled if it bothered me. he describedthat the oral surgeon would break the tooth up and pick the pieces out and i decided against it.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's like nahh I'm good. I do appreciate all the hynas that work as like dental assistants though.

I went into the dentist with my game face too, expecting it to come out. But once they said oral surgeon you know that %!*$ doesn't sound good.

No baseball till Thursday? How's life guys?
laugh.gif

Your girl get that pit IYN?

[h1]Broxton toe injury could nag all year[/h1]
Jonathan Broxton's problem toe will be a lingering issue, Joe Torre told Ken Gurnick of MLB.com Sunday.
"It's something that he's going to have to deal with, and we're going to have to deal with, [for what] looks like for the rest of the year," Torre said. "He'll get periodic treatment, and from what I'm told from the medical staff, the only thing that's going to help this is rest."

• Jon Paul Morosi of FoxSports.com takes a trip to Chad Billingsley's hometown of Defiance, Ohio -- population 17,000.
  • With Eric Milton likely out for the season (not that many expected him to last as the No. 5 starter), there's that much more importance to Jason Schmidt's comeback. His line from Sunday was more ragged than it's usually been: five innings, 103 pitches, eight hits, five runs (three earned), one walk, five strikeouts. Still, with his rehab assignment nearing an end, the Dodgers might be close to throwing him up against the wall to see if he sticks.
  • For those interested in Eric Karros Thoughts, Rob Neyer obliges at ESPN.com.
Joe's right that toe will bother Brox the whole year, hopefully they pickup a versatile bullpen arm that can save some games as well.

Damn, I thought Eric Milton was on the DL didn't know it was that serious, happy trails though Milton.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's like nahh I'm good. I do appreciate all the hynas that work as like dental assistants though.

I went into the dentist with my game face too, expecting it to come out. But once they said oral surgeon you know that %!*$ doesn't sound good.

No baseball till Thursday? How's life guys?
laugh.gif

Your girl get that pit IYN?

yeah she did. i named it darryl

[table][tr][td]2009 Power Rankings: July 13[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]RK (LW)[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]COMMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]1 (1)[/td] [td]Dodgers[/td] [td]56-32[/td] [td]The Dodgers, with the best record in baseball, are 6-3 since Manny Ramirez's return.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2 (2)[/td] [td]Red Sox[/td] [td]54-34[/td] [td]Led by two pitchers with 11 wins (Josh Beckett and Tim Wakefield), the Red Sox have the best mark in the AL.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]3 (3)[/td] [td]Yankees[/td] [td]51-37[/td] [td]The Yankees must improve their record against divisional rivals (15-17) to enhance their playoff chances.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]4 (4)[/td] [td]Angels[/td] [td]49-37[/td] [td]Jered Weaver (10-3, 3.22 ERA) has only one loss in his past 10 starts.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]5 (10)[/td] [td]Phillies[/td] [td]48-38[/td] [td]Even though they've nine of their past 10 at home, the Phillies are still playing under .500 (22-23) at Citizens Bank Park.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]6 (5)[/td] [td]Rangers[/td] [td]48-39[/td] [td]Andruw Jones is 0-for-15 since belting three homers on July 8.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]7 (9)[/td] [td]Giants[/td] [td]49-39[/td] [td]The Giants (31-14) had the best home record in the first half.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]8 (
glasses.gif
[/td] [td]Cardinals[/td] [td]49-42[/td] [td]Albert Pujols set a personal best with 87 RBI before the All-Star Game; he had 86 in the first half in 2003.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]9 (7)[/td] [td]Rays[/td] [td]48-41[/td] [td]After hitting .369 in April, Evan Longoria has dropped his average each month (.296 in May, .233 in June and .167 in July).[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]10 (6)[/td] [td]Tigers[/td] [td]48-39[/td] [td]The Tigers' 27-13 first-half record at home was their best since 1984.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]11 (11)[/td] [td]Brewers[/td] [td]45-43[/td] [td]The Brewers have lost eight of their past 11 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]12 (13)[/td] [td]Rockies[/td] [td]47-41[/td] [td]Since Jim Tracy took over as manager, the Rockies have a 29-13 record.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]13 (16)[/td] [td]Mariners[/td] [td]46-42[/td] [td]Ichiro Suzuki (.362) batted .400 over the last 21 games of the first half.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]14 (14)[/td] [td]White Sox[/td] [td]45-43[/td] [td]The White Sox lost three of four since Thursday, but their 14-7 record since June 20 helped the Sox finish over .500 in the first half.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]15 (15)[/td] [td]Marlins[/td] [td]46-44[/td] [td]SS Hanley Ramírez is the NL batting leader with a .349 average.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]16 (12)[/td] [td]Twins[/td] [td]45-44[/td] [td]Joe Mauer (.373) got enough plate appearances to finish the first half as the AL batting leader.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]17 (17)[/td] [td]Cubs[/td] [td]43-43[/td] [td]The Cubs have the third-best home record (27-18) in the NL.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]18 (20)[/td] [td]Braves[/td] [td]43-45[/td] [td]Derek Lowe (8-7) has allowed 121 hits in 112.1 innings and has a 4.39 ERA.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]19 (22)[/td] [td]Astros[/td] [td]44-44[/td] [td]By going 8-4 in their past 12 games, the Astros finished at .500 at the All-Star break.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]20 (18)[/td] [td]Blue Jays[/td] [td]44-46[/td] [td]The Blue Jays wound up losing 12 of their last 15 games before the break.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]21 (21)[/td] [td]Mets[/td] [td]42-45[/td] [td]David Wright hit .324 with 44 RBI in the first half, but had only five homers.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]22 (19)[/td] [td]Reds[/td] [td]42-45[/td] [td]The Reds lost seven of their past 10 to distance themselves from the top spot in the NL Central.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]23 (23)[/td] [td]Orioles[/td] [td]40-48[/td] [td]By going 14-11 since June 17, the Orioles are threatening to leave the AL East cellar.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]24 (24)[/td] [td]Pirates[/td] [td]38-50[/td] [td]Zach Duke joined Freddy Sánchez as the Pirates' representatives in the All-Star Game.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]25 (27)[/td] [td]Athletics[/td] [td]37-49[/td] [td]The A's have lost 11 of their past 17 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]26 (29)[/td] [td]Diamondbacks[/td] [td]38-51[/td] [td]The Diamondbacks finished hot, with seven wins in nine games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]27 (25)[/td] [td]Royals[/td] [td]37-51[/td] [td]The Royals started the season 18-11, but they have gone 19-40 since May 8.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]28 (28)[/td] [td]Indians[/td] [td]35-54[/td] [td]The Indians are really in trouble, with 19 losses in their past 26 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]29 (26)[/td] [td]Padres[/td] [td]36-52[/td] [td]Until their 10-4 victory Sunday, the Padres were the only MLB club that hadn't scored in double digits this year.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]30 (30)[/td] [td]Nationals[/td] [td]26-61[/td] [td]Jim Riggleman takes over a team that is last in the NL in every major pitching statistic.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Good luck on that BK.

Its not as bad as they say. muhahahha. j/p.

I remember when they were doing mines and . . . oh nevermind.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Beermann2

Good luck on that BK.

Its not as bad as they say. muhahahha. j/p.

I remember when they were doing mines and . . . oh nevermind.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Thanks man, like I said ... I'm just looking forwardto the anesthesia and the pain killers.

Ignored in the draft out of high school, Longoria didn't receive so much as a scholarship offer after his senior year at Bellflower's St. John Bosco High. So he went to Rio Hondo College in Whittier.

http://www.latimes.com/sp...009jul13,0,7244662.story

Pretty cool story on Longoria here, I just didn't know he went to Rio Hondo College (I went to that vato-filled school in 2003-2005).

Anyone else been to that campus?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

But the Meds after surgery, you will never feel and sleep so comfortably in your life.
laugh.gif

Like a daze.
x-rays dont hurt
roll.gif
roll.gif

and i have knee surgery 3 weeks ago, vicidan was nice, but i still couldnt move for 4 days
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Like a daze.
x-rays dont hurt
roll.gif
roll.gif

and i have knee surgery 3 weeks ago, vicidan was nice, but i still couldnt move for 4 days
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
Hey, if you have a messed up tooth and shh hurts, you don't want to press down on that spongy thing they put in your mouth.
laugh.gif

Anyone going to Manny's first home game back on Thursday?

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/trade-candidates-starting-pitchers.html[/h1]
[h1]Trade Candidates: Starting Pitchers[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 14, 2009 at 12:06pm CST]

Roy Halladay's availability changes everything, because teams in search of an ace can target him instead of settling for lesser pitchers. But many arms could be moved in the next 17 days and some could even be traded in August. These pitchers, who could all conceivably be dealt, are ranked from highest 2009 salary to lowest:
  • Roy Halladay, Blue Jays - At $14.25MM he's pricey, but he's one of the top pitchers in the game, capable of transforming a team's playoff chances like C.C. Sabathia did last year.
  • Javier Vazquez, Braves - The rumors surrounding Vazquez have quieted lately, but he could be moved. He makes $11.5MM this year and next and can't be traded to any Western division team.
  • Gil Meche, Royals - Meche makes $11MM this year and has $24MM remaining on his deal afterwards.
  • Doug Davis, D'Backs - The D'Backs aren't impressedwith the players the Brewers are willing to offer for their pitcher, who makes $8.75MM this year. Davis has been productive all season.
  • Jon Garland, D'Backs - Another solid but unspectacular arm, Garland makes $6.25MM this year. No team acquiring him should count on receiving picks if he leaves as a free agent, because Garland has a clause in his contract that prevents teams from offering him arbitration if he has Type A stauts.
  • Cliff Lee, Indians - He makes just $5.75MM this year and the Indians have an affordable $8MM option for 2010, so they'd have to see an awesome offer to part with Lee, who's following up his Cy Young season with another solid year.
  • Brad Penny, Red Sox - Now that they've called on Clay Buchholz, the Red Sox once again have a surplus of big league pitchers. At $5MM plus incentives, Penny's affordable this year.
  • Ian Snell, Pirates - He's pitching well in Triple A, where he struck out 17 in one game. The Pirates have tried to move Snell and his $3MM salary.
  • Paul Mahom, Pirates - The Pirates have been willing to sell and Maholm's been effective this year. He makes $2MM, and has at least $11MM remaining on his deal after the year.
  • Brian Bannister, Royals - At just $1.7MM, he's one of the cheaper starters out there.
  • Carl Pavano, Indians - The Indians aren't contenders and Pavano has pitched better this season than he did in four years with the Yankees. He makes a base salary of just $1.5MM, but that could rise as high as $6.8MM because of incentives.
  • Jonathan Sanchez, Giants - He makes less than $500k and, as we found out this weekend, he has the potential to be dominant.
Let's not forget about some free agent pitchers like Ben Sheets (may be injured), Pedro Martinez (about to sign), Odalis Perez and Paul Byrd.

None of the following pitchers are available now, but they could be if their teams fall from contention: Bronson Arroyo, Doug Brocail, Jason Marquis, Erik Bedard and Jarrod Washburn.

x-rays dont hurt
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
The hell you laughing at?
laugh.gif

Both my bottom gums are inflamed and pressing down on that $%%@ is like digging a fork deep in your gums.
sick.gif

What'd you get done on your knee? If its your meniscus good luck, that $%%@ is gonna bug forever (got them done twice). My ACL is a whole 'notherstory.

Ask for Percocets next time
smokin.gif

x-rays dont hurt
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
The hell you laughing at?
laugh.gif

Both my bottom gums are inflamed and pressing down on that $%%@ is like digging a fork deep in your gums.
sick.gif

What'd you get done on your knee? If its your meniscus good luck, that $%%@ is gonna bug forever (got them done twice). My ACL is a whole 'nother story.

Ask for Percocets next time
smokin.gif
slightly-torn ACL, Lateral Release, Plyca*(cuts in cartilage)

i had 3 MRIs before tho, smh at how much those cost
ohwell.gif

you guys need to grow a pair
roll.gif
cryin about biting down on sponge.
laugh.gif

Try brushing for teeth once a day, i heard it does wonders.
laugh.gif

just messin with you guys, it would have been nice to see manny in that home run derby
happy.gif

slightly-torn ACL, Lateral Release, Plyca*(cuts in cartilage)

i had 3 MRIs before tho, smh at how much those cost
ohwell.gif

you guys need to grow a pair
roll.gif
cryin about biting down on sponge.
laugh.gif

Try brushing for teeth once a day, i heard it does wonders.
laugh.gif

just messin with you guys, it would have been nice to see manny in that home run derby
happy.gif

Dude anything having to do with teeth to me, it's a whole other story.
laugh.gif

I broke my tibia about 5-6 years ago, I rather break it again than have oral surgery of some sort. I'm a softie when it comes to teeth and dentist.
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

Man 3 MRIs ain't nothing, its just the whole process that sucks.

Get xray
See your DR
Go get MRI
Go back to DR
Schedule Surgery
sick.gif

Both shoulders chronic dislocations, torn rotator cuff, 2x torn meniscus, 1x torn acl (diff knees).

Old football injuries have murked me as I've gotten older.

You're young man take care of your knees.

*and to add you don't take xrays of your teeth with a "sponge" thing.

I get the real hard plastic thingy-ma-jig
nerd.gif

They probably got the sponge things for your baby teef
laugh.gif

Damn, Bright "Mark Schlereth" Nikes,
laugh.gif

Luckily, I went through HS football with only bumps and bruises.

I currently have a crickety knee, so I have stepped up my leg workouts. My right knee just started hurting, when I'm driving it starts to ache andsometimes when I'm hooping, I can't push off of my right leg.

I didn't work out my lower body for two months, being a slacker. I've stepped it up, leg workouts 2x a week.

BTW- I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled in one shot back in HS....
smokin.gif

Damn you got the old man syndrome too huh Ironman.

As with anything else, drink lots of fluids and if you wanna invest in something go to Costco and buy some Glucosamine (helps out your joints and cartilage).

$*#* 562 why'd you have to post that on the brink of my surgery
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

You even got tag pics
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Wait the Phillies signed Pedro for $1M (could earn up to $1.5M in incentives)

Damn, low risk / high reward for Philadelphia.

Back
Top Bottom