Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

^ good question. Someone in my 12-team league just dropped Brand for Anthony Tolliver.
laugh.gif
He's either really frustrated by Brand and/or Eddie Jordan's coaching OR tanking his 5th place seed... lol.

On a related note, same dude just dropped Troy Murphy. Definitely Troy Murphy > Millsap > Perkins, right? Murph isn't hurt or anything is he? This manager MUST be trying to tank now...

i have brand as well. autopick FTL.

Dude is one of the worse fantasy players EVER.

And i would pick up, murphy AND milsap. unless theres a waiver on both. all depends who you're dropping though.

^
you are misinformed.

in his heyday, elton brand was 50 FG%, 70 FT%, 20 PTS, 4 OREB, 6 DREB, 2 BLK, 2 AST, 1 STL
which he did for almost 8 years.

that's elite fantasy contribution no matter what way you slice it.

I'd be dropping Perk for Murphy. If the d-bag in 2nd place (who also just happens to have one better waiver # than I do), happens to steal Murphy from me, then I'd probably just drop Perk for Millsap.

In the unlikely event I could get Murphy AND Millsap, should I drop Perk and..... Gooden? Or Ty Thomas? I'm thinking both Gooden & Thomas are more consistent than Millsap though.

Gosh... I REALLY hope I get Murphy.
pimp.gif

good luck on getting Murph, Ive had him since the draft and he's been solid all season

I'd hold on to Gooden though, I've had him for about a week and a half and he looks to be on the up and up

should i drop tyrus thomas for brandon rush? i need someone that can score and has starter minutes. looks like tyrus might be sharing time with chandler now that he's back.

any comments or feedback are appreciated!

Originally Posted by offbad

^
you are misinformed.

in his heyday, elton brand was 50 FG%, 70 FT%, 20 PTS, 4 OREB, 6 DREB, 2 BLK, 2 AST, 1 STL

His blocks, and steals and FT %'s are pretty good for a pf, but hes so damn inconsistent.

Ever since hes been shipped from the clips, hes been hot garbage.

Last year, he was out for pretty much half the season. This season, he takes nights off at least once/twice a month, and theres nights where he'll get just 3 rebounds. starting PF, getting only 3 rebounds?

Doesnt seem elite to me, IMO.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by offbad

^
you are misinformed.

His blocks, and steals and FT %'s are pretty good for a pf, but hes so damn inconsistent.

Ever since hes been shipped from the clips, hes been hot garbage.

Last year, he was out for pretty much half the season. This season, he takes nights off at least once/twice a month, and theres nights where he'll get just 3 rebounds. starting PF, getting only 3 rebounds?

Doesnt seem elite to me, IMO.
how does a recent spell of injury riddled bad seasons suddenly anoint him as one of the worst players ever ?

if you told me in fantasy-- and real life for that matter-- "yo here's a 20-10 guy, good %s, 2 blocks a game-- guaranteed. for 8 years. do you want him?"
that's a no-brainer.

also, him taking nights off is not necessarily his own choice. when you have eddie jordan as coach on a team that can easily field 6, easily, good fantasy players, he's going to %%+* things up. eddie jordan is terrible. there's no other way to describe it.

he's also now playing alongside a big center, who is taking his REBs, and BLKs.
also worth noting he's been playing about 10 minutes less than his career averages before his stint in PHI

^ having said that... would you still burn a pretty good waiver position to pick up Brand in the scenario that I'm unable to claim Murphy first? I've been doing my best to not let go of my mid-level waiver position in the unlikely chance that some other bonehead manager decides to call it in and drop some quality players...

Gosh dang... I'm on pins and needles. Got my fingers, toes, arms, hair, etc. crossed hoping that my waiver claim for Troy Murphy would be successful.
ohwell.gif

how many teams? 12/14? i'd say brand is worth it. shouldn't be dropped anyways. he's doing enough out there.

once playoffs roll around though there will be owners streaming plays and dropping some nice players though.

your call.

^ 12

I'd be kind of heavy on PF/C's, but I figured Brand could help. The areas I needed the most shoring up are 3PT, STL & BLK. I'll take your advice though. I have my waiver priority set to #1 - Troy Murphy dropping Kendrick Perkins, then #2 - Elton Brand dropping Kendrick Perkins if Troy Murphy doesn't work out.

I really hope everyone sleeps on Troy Murphy, and I'm able to pick him up off waivers though. That would help solidify my 3PT and BLK.

Im with you offbad, Elton Brand was a top fantasy player back in his day.

Just cause in the last couple years he was injured + made a horrible decision by signing with the 76ers doesn't make him one of the worst fantasy players ever.

Well i guess i shouldnt have said EVER, but ever since his Philly days then.

Either way, it doesnt matter. Look at A.I. for example. These past 2/3 years alone, has killed his whole reputation. He's just known as a crybaby, him-self first mentality.

Not many remember how good he use to be, and how he carried that Philly team on his back.

^ I was thinking about picking him up but picked up Tolliver instead. Hopefully Biedriens is out the whole year.
wink.gif
Cant afford to wait for stuckey.

What's up, fellas! I'm happy to report that my waiver request for Troy Murphy was SUCCESSFUL.
pimp.gif
haha. Scooped him up for Perk. Here's to hoping that Murphy remains a consistent contributor and doesn't get hurt. I've been sketched out by that manager's decision to cut Murphy loose, but hopefully, he was just being crazy and tanking. His loss is my huge gain, I hope.

With that said, who do you guys think would be the better "revolving-door player" to use on my team come playoff time: T-Mac, M Thornton or Gooden? I'm thinking it's T-Mac, but for some reason, I keep giving him the edge over Thornton or Gooden because of name recognition alone. lol. Thoughts?

Here's my roster now:
PG    Jason Kidd (Dal - PG)
SG    Tyreke Evans (Sac - PG,SG)
G    Jason Richardson (Pho - SG,SF)
SF     Gerald Wallace (Cha - SF,PF)
PF     Troy Murphy (Ind - PF,C)
F     Tyrus Thomas (Cha - SF,PF)
C     Pau Gasol (LAL - PF,C)
C     Al Horford (Atl - PF,C)
Util     Darren Collison (NO - PG,SG)
Util     Jamal Crawford (Atl - PG,SG)
BN     Tracy McGrady (NY - SG,SF)
BN     Drew Gooden (LAC - PF,C)
BN     Marcus Thornton (NO - PG,SG)

I personally dont think that mcgrady will do much. Hes good one night and bad the next. You get more consistency with gooden (so far) so I say go with gooden.

I say drop Tmac.

My fantasy team has compelely fallen apart.

CP most likely isnt coming back, Rose got injured, i lost shaq, jermaine's knee might fall apart on him anyday, bleh.

I'm fight for a playoff spots 6-8 and Beasly has been my most inconsistent player over the past few weeks.

Drop him for Toney Douglas?

Edit:

Shaun Livingston?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom