Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

heres my team in a 10 man league...im 22-23-0, and 5th.
What do you guys think i need to change, or do i need a change at all?

aaron brooks
kobe
ariza
brook lopez
peja
chris douglas roberts
haywood
jermaine o'neal
al horford
paul millsap
tony parker
michael redd
and i just picked up carl landry for blatche.

Channing Frye was dropped. Should I pick him up and if so, who should I drop for him? Is he even worth the pick up?

111uqvp.png

AI, beans, or ersan.
i say beans though. ive picked up frye in one of my leagues and hes been stinking it up. not making 3s, free throws, and grabbing about 3 boards per game for the past 3. real disappointment
smh.gif
smh.gif

From what I've seen, Frye only provides 2-3 3-pointers and a few reb here and there, with Ilyasova and JR Smith in your team (the only ones I wouldconsider dropping for Frye), I don't think you'll need Frye.

Originally Posted by BangDak

AI, beans, or ersan.
i say beans though. ive picked up frye in one of my leagues and hes been stinking it up. not making 3s, free throws, and grabbing about 3 boards per game for t he past 3. real disappointment
smh.gif
smh.gif
Iverson will be kept. I need the scoring punch from him. I am horrible in that category with up and nights from Murphy, J.R. Smith, Courtney Lee,and others. It's only been recently that Jefferson picked up his scoring. Plus, I'm not going to drop Iverson after I told MisterP to hold on to him. That'll make me a hypocrite.
laugh.gif

Biedrins will be needed when he comes back for the rebounding and he can sprinkle in a few block shots per week that will help Haywood, Nene, Jefferson, andeven Murphy, who is pitching in with a few blocks here and there.

I originally thought of dropping Ilyasova for Frye. But as I'm typing this response up and making a case for keeping Ilyasova, it does seem likeIlyasova's a better option than Frye. Frye has more 3pters made, but Ilyasova is a better rebounder. Ilyasova isn't that bad of a 3pt shooter anyway.Frye made more total 3's, but that was during the beginning of the season when he was raining 3's like crazy.

Originally Posted by RFX45

From what I've seen, Frye only provides 2-3 3-pointers and a few reb here and there, with Ilyasova and JR Smith in your team (the only ones I would consider dropping for Frye), I don't think you'll need Frye.
I'll probably keep J.R. Smith over Frye. J.R. Smith has the potential if he's on, he's going to put up 25+ points. You're prettymuch right about Frye being only a 3pt shooter. His big 3pt games were in the beginning of the season.

Thanks guys for responding. Asking you guys for help forces me to make counter arguments on why I should keep on who I'm thinking about dropping and makingme think it through more.

SOB! Gordon takes a final shot that ties me in the fg% before him and Kaman are taken out in the the 4th in the blowout.
So now it is 6-2-1, damn!

Paul you need a PG bad. I wouldn't want to have to rely on Rose and Felton. consider trading Gordon, Murphy, or Nene maybe. Lebron with another crazynight. He mite jus outdo CP3 this yr as #1 fantasy player. I was surprised at Gay dropping buckets 2nite too. I coulda won steals and 3pm this wk ifCalderon's *&$*#( ss had played.

• p_note_new_2.gif
    Sun, Dec 13

Iverson did not practice and is day-to-day after getting 55 CCs of fluid drained from his left knee, Kate Fagan reports.

Recommendation: He's also dealing with a stress reaction is his right fibula (shin) so consider him highly questionable for Monday's game against Golden State. Check back for additional updates on his status.
    (Rotowire.com)
This is not what I want to hear... especially when Iverson's about to play Golden State's "defense."
smh.gif

My hands been itching to drop Calderon for Jarrett Jack. I hope they might as well say Calderon will be out a month or something so that I can drop himalready.

I just feel like I need to make a move to put me over the top...i've been stuck in 4th place and 3rd for the longest
any suggestions on what I should try and do?

Gilbert Arenas
Monta Ellis
Russell Westbrook
Jeff Green
Jason Thompson
Antawn Jamison
Luis Scola
Brook Lopez
Allen Iverson
Anthony Morrow
Aaron Brooks
LeBron James
Al Horford

I joined this 20 team, 25 player league for fun
laugh.gif

Autopick draft... I think I came out pretty decent.

5y6r6e.jpg

^^ how's it 20 teams but 25 players?? I just joined another 10 team league too last wk but I'm in 6th place right now smh. wave, u may hav to get ridof AI if he doesnt step it up. maybe package deal with AI and JT. your team needs more 3s and stls. trade bron. he's a bust haha jk.

thinking about pickin up Dahntay Jones, who should i drop?? Jefferson, Marion, or Hill?

2v3szl3.jpg

and im thinking about dropping Channing Frye, dude is doing nothing
tired.gif

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

^^ how's it 20 teams but 25 players?? I just joined another 10 team league too last wk but I'm in 6th place right now smh. wave, u may hav to get rid of AI if he doesnt step it up. maybe package deal with AI and JT. your team needs more 3s and stls. trade bron. he's a bust haha jk.
I dont know... the commish set it that way
ohwell.gif

It is a little ridiculous though. I ended up having 3-4 no name players that had to be dropped.

I think next year ill try to get in a deep league... 14-16 teams maybe. Should be interesting.

BN, Id say Sheed. At least he'll get you REBS and BLKS

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Dunleavy, Thaddeus and D12 beasted.

Question: Channing Frye or Sheed?

I have all of these guys on one team along with VC, my team posted the highest numbers of the day so far in my league

yea man thts alot of players. Ballinboboy13, drop hill. dnt get jones. hold onto frye, he'll bounce back. i'm dealing with the same issue with morrowright now. jones is hurt and mike dun is about to start ova him and did 2nite already and beasted. I dropped Dun too for J how if Dun has another big game Imite have to snatch him bak quickly. J had a decent night 14 and 8 boards. does anyone know if J plans on not playing bak to bak games for awhile or just thiswk?

Back
Top Bottom