OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

I didn't see the one today, I mean, I haven't seen the overwhelming majority of them, but the fact that they have shattered the record with 13 to play is shocking

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Landon should of not re signed with the galaxy.
He is tearing up the EPL right now. Way better than I expected, he is vastly underrated, along with Clint.

Looking at the fixture list, Arsenal have the easiest schedule in the final 12-weeks of the season. They face a bunch of scrubs in the next month and their toughest remaining fixtures are @Spurs and hosting Man City in April.

Man Utd. will be tested to finish the season...they'll be hosting Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool, and will also have to play @Man City.

Chelsea's tough fixtures include Man City, Villa, @Man Utd, @Spurs, @Liverpool.

So it looks like it will be a tight race until the finish. It's unfortunate that Arsenal did not beef up their squad...the Premiership title is there for the taking this season but their lack of depth will cost them the chance to finish with the 85+ pts needed to win the league. Arsenal need to win 12-straight to finish 1st
alien.gif

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

On a side, how lucky are United? 10 freaking own goals this season, the old Premiership record was 6. Ridiculous.
Champions usually have that effect on the opposition's defence 
pimp.gif

anyway,points dropped for United and a missed opportunity to go back on top...
smh.gif

Nani,you %@%...
mad.gif
 just when you think he can do no wrong...

I still think it is up to Chelsea and Utd whether Arsenal stays in the title race or not. Arsenal has done a good job beating the teams they are supposed to beat but other than maybe the first Utd game they have not come close to beating the top two in the league. If Utd hit a rough patch down the stretch and Chelsea keeps drawing/losing to teams they shouldn't it may be right for Arsenal to sneak back in there but I doubt it. I really wish they weren't knocked out of the FA Cup. I think a FA Cup really would help this team into the following season. Hell, I think we would take a Carling Cup at this point.

^Serves him right for being a piece of garbage.

Arsenal have a small shot, but they absolutely cannot drop any more points except maybe against City or Spurs. They have to beat all the bottom teams they play. they need to go 9-3-0 or so down the stretch to have a shot. Chelsea and United play each other again, hopefully a tie there and then if each drop a couple points here and there the gunners have a sliver of hope.

On the flip side, they have a decent shot at getting RVP back for the end of the season stretch and if they get past Porto, the Champions League quarters. I feel infinitely more confident in the squad with Van Persie leading the line. He is just behind Rooney and Drogba in my book.

Sup hoosiers, hows that MW2 treatin' ya?
pimp.gif
Ashley Cole though, hope hes fully fit for World Cup fixtures.

I feel infinitely more confident in the squad with Van Persie leading the line. He is just behind Rooney,Torres and Drogba in my book.

fixed.

and if Cashley Cole doesn't make it to the WC,i'd love to see Wayne Bridge lining up alongside John Terry in that England defence...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

I feel infinitely more confident in the squad with Van Persie leading the line. He is just behind Rooney,Torres and Drogba in my book.

fixed.

and if Cashley Cole doesn't make it to the WC,i'd love to see Wayne Bridge lining up alongside John Terry in that England defence...
eek.gif
That would be SO akward to see, I read in some article where Bridge said he couldn't see himself playing next to him.

Cole is supposed to be out for 12-weeks, right? If so, I can see him being on the England squad easily and if everything goes according to plan, he'll have all of May to recover before the WC.

This isn't as bad as when Rooney got hurt in Spring 2006, about 1 month before the WC.

As long as England have Ferdinand and Terry back there they will be fine. This team has more than enough depth to win that group...I just dont trust their attack when it gets to the KO-round.

Bumped for Utd @ Everton to kick things off this weekend....

Berba toe-pokes the first goal, while Eve just equalized with a great strike.
EDIT ~
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

disappointing performance from United,Rooney in particular...i guess the pressure of playing against his former club was too much for him...

but to be honest,Everton deserved the win...they showed great fighting spirit even after going a goal down...
genius of a substitution from Moyes - homegrown players Gosling and Rodwell came in and they both scored for Everton...

slack defending cost United the game...
and i hate to watch Brown and Evans playing alongside each other in central defence...a lot of uncertainty coming from those two...

The schedule is looking good for Arsenal, if we play as well as possible then the title is possibly ours. United still have to play Chelsea and I think that will be a draw.. exciting times
pimp.gif

Arsenal is like that fly in the room that you think you kill, but then it comes back to life and keeps buzzing. Somehow they still have a pulse, and don't have to play anyone, especially after they get knocked out by freakin' Porto.

Arsenal is like that fly in the room that you think you kill, but then it comes back to life and keeps buzzing. Somehow they still have a pulse, and don't have to play anyone, especially after they get knocked out by freakin' Porto.

When did they get knocked out by Porto? If you think we're out after that 1st leg, stop being a "fan".

No offense but I think you're reading way too much into this win.

Today's match was the type of match Arsenal have been winning over their last 5 years. At home vs. weak teams like Sunderland are usually matches that Arsenal have no trouble winning. The problem for them is winning on the road (regardless of opponent) and beating Chelsea and Man Utd.

While Arsenal have a relatively easy schedule to finish the season, they pretty much need to win 10 of their last 11 matches to even have a shot at finishing first.

Chelsea and Man Utd have some tough matches to finish the season (including a match against each other) and they will both drop points but one of them (likely Chelsea) will finish with 80+ pts. Arsenal have 55 pts now with 11 matches to go, so they'll need to win A MINIMUM of 9 matches just to finish in the 82+ point range that is needed to win the league. Arsenal have not shown that kind of consistency since 2004 and with so many holes on the team, I find it extremely hard to accept that this team are title contenders. 2nd place is definitely up for grabs though (I'm sure Wenger would have little difficulty putting a positive spin on a 2nd place finish
laugh.gif
)

What irks me is that compared to the last few years, we knew that the EPL title would be a wide open race this season for various reasons (Liverpool looked good last year, Man City spending $$$, coaching instability at Chelsea and the transfer ban that has since been lifted, as well as Man Utd. selling their best player). Unfortunately though, Wenger did not really improve a team that was just 2-3 players away from actually being serious contenders.

RVP being out damn near the whole season did not help either.  I think if Arsenal had the depth the needed than they would be serious title contenders.  With the way RVP was playing pre injury its hard for me to say that they had no chance going in  to the season if everyone stayed relatively healthy.  Although, RVP never stays healthy so I don't know why Wenger was banking on him and him only to provide consistent goals. 

Back
Top Bottom