OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
New City and Barca "fans" on this page already. Cmon guys, this isn't even to the 2nd week...

Im faaaaaaaaaaaar from being a bandwagon fan. My family has been a Barca fan for ages... I personally started following Barca after I saw Carles Puyol play inmany WCQ games in 2001-2002 for the Spanish national team, which a majority of my Spain born family follows.

edit: I guess you can say im an EPL bandwagon fan since this is the first season I actually follow it... Liverpool fan(Fernando Torres) and an Arsenal"follower" (Cesc Fabregas - Carlos Vela)

I hope we can get healthy again soon, were really missing Vidic and Ferdinands presence from the back. Its clear though we are missing Tevez and Ronnie. Weneed real replacements.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

^ keep dreamin. you had your chance a few years ago and the flu or w/e messed things up.
laugh.gif
I'm not a Spurs supporter (Chelsea here), but that would be quite a treat from our perspective.
What kind of Chelsea supporter would want cross-town rivals Tottenham to do well?
alien.gif
Tottenham will probably finish in the top 7 or so. maybe get a Europa League spot.
we drew and lost early last season....what team do you support?

we were missing our top two defenders

do you want me do put that us quote in my sig....bc i will? stop knocking united or we'll se what happens.
indifferent.gif
You stay making stupid comments on this board.

How does missing 2 defenders hurt you in a game where you scored ZERO goals? Maybe your excuse would make sense if you guys were missing 2 attackers. You guys sold a dude who was scoring 30-40 goals a season and lost a proven Premiership striker in Tevez. Unless Ferguson spends money in the next 2 weeks, Man Utd. will be inconsistent all season. Defense is not a problem for this team...the main issue is where are the goals going to come from? Rooney and Berba will need career seasons (combined 35+ goals) if you guys are gonna go for a 4th straight EPL crown.

Put it in your sig...Man Utd is not winning any important trophies this season and I'm not saying that to sound as a hater. The only team I hate is Chelsea...Man Utd. are entertaining to watch but some of their fans get way too sensitive sometimes. Face it, you can not win trophies every single season.

you can criticize united all you want but your lame predictions are getting downright annoying, acting like your Nostradamus and !%!+.

Note: Your team hasnt won a trophy the past three years. I dont see anyone more than you scrutinizing other teams like your gambling on them.

not having rio and vidic WAS an issue today. Did you see how many corner kicks we had? Vidic is known to go ape**** in the box.
-Wes Brown didnt play all of last season, Evans was playing with an injury...You dont think this team needs time to adjust???...we went rough patches early onthen we rolled through the season so the fact your disqualifying United after two games is downright idiotic.

-United can win trophies every season because thats all they care about....they dont care about funding for a new stadium or waiting 5 years for the nextsuperstar to drag them to second place.

-tottenham finishing in Top 7?....Wow dude you have some serious stones to make a prediction like that...that team doesnt have any talent at all (sarcasm)

yea you cant win trophies every season......or in arsenal's case even every 4 or 5 seasons
tongue.gif
haha jk arsenal fans.

imo though with our current squad i see us finishing second in the epl and making it to the quarters or semis of the ucl. our only concrete hope for a trophy is the fa cup and carling cup i guess. prob make it tot he fa cup semis and win the carling.

There is no way United will finish 2nd in the EPL this season, not with Rooney and Berbajoke up in the front. Selling Ronaldo and Tevez were the 2 stupiestthings they could've possibly done. Now looking at United, I see them lose to Bayern in pre-season, barely beat Birmingham with a 1-0 win on Saturday andlose today to Burnley. If I was a United supporter I'd be happy with a 3rd place finish this season. They play a Wigan side who is looking pretty good andembarassed Villa this past weekend, and can possibly do the same to them. Definitely will be looking forward to seeing Wigan take down United hopefully by 2goals.
pimp.gif

it will definitely be interesting to see how united copes with the departure of ronaldo...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

it will definitely be interesting to see how united copes with the departure of ronaldo...
They have 1 goal in 1 victory in 2 games vs 2 teams that just got promoted this season into the EPL, quite embarassing. Could it be a preview of aterrible season and a huge mistake in the selling of 2 strikers that rack up 40+ goals a season?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

They have 1 goal in 1 victory in 2 games vs 2 teams that just got promoted this season into the EPL, quite embarassing. Could it be a preview of a terrible season and a huge mistake in the selling of 2 strikers that rack up 40+ goals a season?
laugh.gif
i pray that's a trend that continues
laugh.gif

yea you cant win trophies every season......or in arsenal's case even every 4 or 5 seasons
tongue.gif
haha jk arsenal fans.

imo though with our current squad i see us finishing second in the epl and making it to the quarters or semis of the ucl. our only concrete hope for a trophy is the fa cup and carling cup i guess. prob make it tot he fa cup semis and win the carling.

There is no way United will finish 2nd in the EPL this season, not with Rooney and Berbajoke up in the front. Selling Ronaldo and Tevez were the 2 stupiest things they could've possibly done. Now looking at United, I see them lose to Bayern in pre-season, barely beat Birmingham with a 1-0 win on Saturday and lose today to Burnley. If I was a United supporter I'd be happy with a 3rd place finish this season. They play a Wigan side who is looking pretty good and embarassed Villa this past weekend, and can possibly do the same to them. Definitely will be looking forward to seeing Wigan take down United hopefully by 2 goals.
pimp.gif
-I swear you arsenal fans are on crack the first month of the season....

-Jada2001Retro...you were saying the same exact thing beginning of last season and straight up disappeared when arsenal started losing. admit it dog. Ill goback to that thread bc I always wondered where the hell you were.

-they had no choice but to sell Ronaldo...He was forcing his way out...Didnt you guys lose Ade?

-You cant be serious bringing up a preseason game. Im not going to even comment on that.

-Did you see the effing Birmingham game??? We could have scored 4 goals you phony. Ask anyone who watched that !*%%

I did watch it, if you COULD have scored 4 other goals, why did you guys only have 1. I find it funny you guys are such a powerhouse but always seem to onlyscore 1 goal on teams out of the top 10. Today was pretty amusing when you bums couldn't score and when Carricks joke !@# missed the pk.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Adebayor, I'm not worried about he was always so lazy and waited for the ball to come to him, not vice versa, Bendtner looks to have a promising season, Ihope, and with Eduardo back I think we'll be just fine with RVP. We still have injuries to Nasri, Rosicky, Walcott, etc, and we're playing pretty wellI would say.

And about me "dissapearing" last season when Arsenal did terrible, they never did play terrible, if I remember correctly, they finished 4 having oneof the best ends to the season with what I remember was a 22 game unbeaten streak, and we got to the quarter finals in the CL along with Chelsea, United andBarca. I try to post on here as much as I can, but not all of us are bums like you and have no job and don't go to school. I've been posting on my G1seeing how when I had my Sidekick Niketalk would always load really slow and give me problems posting. Thanks for your concern there though, mate.

I did watch it, if you COULD have scored 4 other goals, why did you guys only have 1. I find it funny you guys are such a powerhouse but always seem to only score 1 goal on teams out of the top 10. Today was pretty amusing when you bums couldn't score and when Carricks joke !@# missed the pk.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Adebayor, I'm not worried about he was always so lazy and waited for the ball to come to him, not vice versa, Bendtner looks to have a promising season, I hope, and with Eduardo back I think we'll be just fine with RVP. We still have injuries to Nasri, Rosicky, Walcott, etc, and we're playing pretty well I would say.

And about me "dissapearing" last season when Arsenal did terrible, they never did play terrible, if I remember correctly, they finished 4 having one of the best ends to the season with what I remember was a 22 game unbeaten streak, and we got to the quarter finals in the CL along with Chelsea, United and Barca. I try to post on here as much as I can, but not all of us are bums like you and have no job and don't go to school. I've been posting on my G1 seeing how when I had my Sidekick Niketalk would always load really slow and give me problems posting. Thanks for your concern there though, mate.
i have a job, i go to school....i go on niketalk at night when im home...how do you know my life?

Even if we scored 1 goal...birgminham never made a threat to us...

im digging up some of our mates predictions...this is from 07-08 o boy this is the greatest prediction ever....
Carlos Tevez wrote:
Tevez will probably struggle out of the gate but I can see him scoring around 10-12 goals in his first season at Man Utd. WRONG

However I have very little faith in Fernando Torres getting the job done at Anfield. WRONG

La Liga striker coming to the EPL + playing for Benetiz = recipe for disaster. I'm predicting that Torres scores less than 10 goals, maybe :nerd:f them. WRONG

Benetiz has watched Morientes, Cisse, Bellamy, Crouch and Baros all fail under his system. You can argue that Torres is more talented than all of them, butRafa has to take part of the blame. WRONG

I think Torres will end up being similar to Diego Forlan. A 20+ goalscorer in La Liga who cant buy a goal inEngland.
WRONG

Why you chiming on last season, great he made PREDICTIONS and he was wrong, who cares? That's why they're called PREDICTIONS and not FACTS. Everyone isentitled to what they think will happen this, next or 2 season from now, you going to keep chasing back into the past and digging up things that have nothingto do with this season?

Oh wait, United supporter, probably just got on the bandwagon last year, correct?

Why you chiming on last season, great he made PREDICTIONS and he was wrong, who cares? That's why they're called PREDICTIONS and not FACTS. Everyone is entitled to what they think will happen this, next or 2 season from now, you going to keep chasing back into the past and digging up things that have nothing to do with this season?

Oh wait, United supporter, probably just got on the bandwagon last year, correct?

nah dude predict all you want....but not in every damn post or sound like your so confident doing so.

Theres no diff between a United suporter and Arsenal supporter in America dog...unless your from London dont talk to me about badwagons...ive been watchingunited since i was 14 and im 20 now...i watch every damn game on myp2p.eu, i downloaded three seperate programs, walked down wall street with an AIG shirt, andIm an admin for a facebook group so keeping guessing about my life and Ill say your theo welcott in disguise.

Originally Posted by Curious24

i watch every damn game on myp2p.eu, i downloaded three seperate programs, walked down wall street with an AIG shirt, and Im an admin for a facebook group so keeping guessing about my life and Ill say your theo welcott in disguise.

laugh.gif

props tho

Why you chiming on last season, great he made PREDICTIONS and he was wrong, who cares? That's why they're called PREDICTIONS and not FACTS. Everyone is entitled to what they think will happen this, next or 2 season from now, you going to keep chasing back into the past and digging up things that have nothing to do with this season?

nah dude predict all you want....but not in every damn post or sound like your so confident doing so.

Theres no diff between a United suporter and Arsenal supporter in America dog...unless your from London dont talk to me about badwagons...ive been watching united since i was 14 and im 20 now...i watch every damn game on myp2p.eu, i downloaded three seperate programs, walked down wall street with an AIG shirt, and Im an admin for a facebook group so keeping guessing about my life and Ill say your theo welcott in disguise.

I'm not from London, but I'm from Lebanon and used to watch Arsenal games over there when I was younger, Bergkamp, Edu, Kanu, Van Bronckhorst, Pennant,Pires, Vieira, all players you've heard of I'm sure I used to watch all the time. Just because I lived in Lebanon or here in Florida now doesn'tmake me any less of a supporter of them, I still continue to wear a different kit every day and support them to the fullest. I'm now 21 and I haven'tbeen to Lebanon since 1993.
pimp.gif

Theres no diff between a United suporter and Arsenal supporter in America dog...unless your from London dont talk to me about badwagons...ive been watching united since i was 14 and im 20 now...i watch every damn game on myp2p.eu, i downloaded three seperate programs, walked down wall street with an AIG shirt, and Im an admin for a facebook group so keeping guessing about my life and Ill say your theo welcott in disguise.

I'm not from London, but I'm from Lebanon and used to watch Arsenal games over there when I was younger, Bergkamp, Edu, Kanu, Van Bronckhorst, Pennant, Pires, Vieira, all players you've heard of I'm sure I used to watch all the time. Just because I lived in Lebanon or here in Florida now doesn't make me any less of a supporter of them, I still continue to wear a different kit every day and support them to the fullest. I'm now 21 and I haven't been to Lebanon since 1993.
pimp.gif
yea but i didnt knock u for being a Arsenal supporter.

tongue.gif
haha jk arsenal fans.

There is no way United will finish 2nd in the EPL this season, not with Rooney and Berbajoke up in the front. Selling Ronaldo and Tevez were the 2 stupiest things they could've possibly done. Now looking at United, I see them lose to Bayern in pre-season, barely beat Birmingham with a 1-0 win on Saturday and lose today to Burnley. If I was a United supporter I'd be happy with a 3rd place finish this season. They play a Wigan side who is looking pretty good and embarassed Villa this past weekend, and can possibly do the same to them. Definitely will be looking forward to seeing Wigan take down United hopefully by 2 goals.
pimp.gif
are u comparing us to villa? seriously? come on dude haha. we'll finish second. 2-3 places ahead of ARSEnal. as for our 1 nil win againstbirmingham and our loss against burnley today..the season has 36 games left. and dont forget arsenal lost to burnley in last seasons carling cup 2-0 young teamor not an l is an l. if burnley is as bad as you guys are claiming your b team full of wengers talented youngsters should have been able to take care ofburnley..a ccc club at the time(that hasent been in the top flight for like 33 years) no sweat. burnley also ko'd liverpool from the fa cup a few yearsago as well. hate on us all you want but 6 or so trophies in 4 years > 1 trophy in 4-5 years.

as for ronaldo being sold being a stupid move. dude was going to leave no matter what. real madrid kept unsettling things and such not making it easy to keephim. as for tevez..yea it was stupid to let that guy go for sure. with ronaldo gone and berbas subpar season last year tevez prob would be a starter and begood for 15-20 league goals. maybe berbs will have a turn around this year and net 15 or so epl goals.

i hope we draw arsenal in the ucl ahain this year...can someone remind me what the aggerate score was for last years ucl draw between us?
wink.gif

just my oppinion and a bit of banter/ my 2 cents btw. hope you arsenal fans dont take offense.

half of football/soccer supporting is talking smack about your friends/ aquaintences fave club/national team. one of my fave activities when im visiting my famin england is to go to a pub and talk football with people. esp debating and talking down about the other clubs. i come in and they assume because im a yank iknow crap about football and then i bust out my knowledge haha.

for the record my cousin in england is an arsenal supporter..and some of my good friends there support arsenal,chelsea,bolton,man utd,hearts,celtic, spurs,pompey,etc. my bro is a casual fan likes liverpool and arsenal somehow..and any team thats playing man utd it seems. got a few acquaintances on here that ivmet that support arsenal..ds530 where you at? as well as chelsea..shugaray. its all good fun.

Has anyone else seen the Pledge videos by Nike?

They have one for Arsenal and one for ManUre
There is also one that is combined.

Arsenal's video is way better.

I would post it but I don't know how to embed on a macbook.

All this $$## talking is all in good fun, it wouldn't be sports without it.
smile.gif

half of football/soccer supporting is talking smack about your friends/ aquaintences fave club/national team.
co-sign
pimp.gif

half of football/soccer supporting is talking smack about your friends/ aquaintences fave club/national team. one of my fave activities when im visiting my fam in england is to go to a pub and talk football with people. esp debating and talking down about the other clubs. i come in and they assume because im a yank i know crap about football and then i bust out my knowledge haha.

for the record my cousin in england is an arsenal supporter..and some of my good friends there support arsenal,chelsea,bolton,man utd,hearts,celtic, spurs, pompey,etc. my bro is a casual fan likes liverpool and arsenal somehow..and any team thats playing man utd it seems. got a few aquaintences on here that iv met that support arsenal..ds530 here you at? as well as chelsea..shuaray. its all good fun.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, good times. My brother is a Chelsea fan and that's all really in my familythat like EPL teams. One of my cousins is a huge Germany/Bayern fan and the other is an Italy/Milan fan. I talk crap to them every weekend if they draw or loseor perform poorly, like I said, it's all in good fun.
laugh.gif

I have yet to go to London and watch a game at the Emirates, I'll be in SA in June for the WC10, I might just stay an extra couple months on that side,stay with my grandparents in Lebanon and hit up an early EPL game next season at the Emirates, knock out 2 birds with 1 stone. Either way, I'm going toLondon in the next year or so and I will have tons and tons of pictures.
pimp.gif

half of football/soccer supporting is talking smack about your friends/ aquaintences fave club/national team. one of my fave activities when im visiting my fam in england is to go to a pub and talk football with people. esp debating and talking down about the other clubs. i come in and they assume because im a yank i know crap about football and then i bust out my knowledge haha.

for the record my cousin in england is an arsenal supporter..and some of my good friends there support arsenal,chelsea,bolton,man utd,hearts,celtic, spurs, pompey,etc. my bro is a casual fan likes liverpool and arsenal somehow..and any team thats playing man utd it seems. got a few aquaintences on here that iv met that support arsenal..ds530 here you at? as well as chelsea..shuaray. its all good fun.
I wouldn't doubt that my boys have knocked your good friends around before/after matches. These foo's are straight crazy. They'refrom Liverpool's "Regulars" and will kill and die for their club.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

All they live for are Liverpool and Morrissey. They couldn't even queue up for Morrissey's birthday gig in Manchester, cus both City and United arejust looking to break their faces
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Their lives will lose all meaning if something happened to Morrissey or Liverpool
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rockforlight

I wouldn't doubt that my boys have knocked your good friends around before/after matches. These foo's are straight crazy. They're from Liverpool's "Regulars" and will kill and die for their club.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

All they live for are Liverpool and Morrissey. They couldn't even queue up for Morrissey's birthday gig in Manchester, cus both City and United are just looking to break their faces
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Their lives will lose all meaning if something happened to Morrissey or Liverpool
laugh.gif
isn't morrisey a chelsea supporter? my bro is a big morrisey fan and one trip he dragged me to sloan square in london because morriseymentioned it in a song. i believe sloane square is in or around chelsea/sw london.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, good times. My brother is a Chelsea fan and that's all really in my family that like EPL teams. One of my cousins is a huge Germany/Bayern fan and the other is an Italy/Milan fan. I talk crap to them every weekend if they draw or lose or perform poorly, like I said, it's all in good fun.
laugh.gif

I have yet to go to London and watch a game at the Emirates, I'll be in SA in June for the WC10, I might just stay an extra couple months on that side, stay with my grandparents in Lebanon and hit up an early EPL game next season at the Emirates, knock out 2 birds with 1 stone. Either way, I'm going to London in the next year or so and I will have tons and tons of pictures.
pimp.gif
word i may be in sa for the world cup too..although i havent made a ticket application yet. plan to maybe go to a few england games, maybe a usagame,spain, france or argentina. iv heard sometimes people will trade their tickets so maybe a brazil,australia or argentina/germany match will be in order.also see the sites in sa. if i get tickets i'll pm you and maybe we can get a pint or 3 and talk about the football. all depends on funds though as im alsoplanning a trip to amsterdam in feb.

have you been to london/ the uk before? if not its a great although expensive city. only city iv been to that may be more expensive is osaka/tokyo, japan.great city though. alot to do and see besides the football. tickets aren't as easy to get as im pretty sure you cant just post your tickets on ebaythere..scalping is illegal i think. there are sites u can get them off of though but its not cheap for the more in demand matches. londons pretty much mysecond home..i try and make it there once a year..although haven't been since late december 2007/early january 2008. my moms from the west midlands from atown about 70 miles north of london in northhamptonshire called kettering.

You're brother is truly English
wink.gif
. Sloan Square is in the Chelsea are of London. It's really nice. And that song is "Hairdresser on Fire"

I gotta add AirJordanSeattle, that the English are the best and most loyal supporters in the world. It's incredible.

Back
Top Bottom