..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

MLB has post-poned the Cubs/Astros games on Friday and Saturday. people I've spoken too have severe doubts that there will be sporting games played inHouston until mid week.........the sage cont.

Brewers lost to the Phillies. I hope the Cubs can hold on to this slim 1 run lead....ughhhhh

Cubs Win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was there any doubt it would end with Woody vS. Pujols....i was soooo freakin nervous, good god

smh.gif

So last night I was in Houston for work and i went and caught a 'Stros games and it was a lot of fun. I have decided the Cubs should trade for HunterPence. He is officially my favorite non-cub in the league. Pure hustle and heart. Miggy hit a Salami, only the 2nd I have ever seen in person
smile.gif
Minute MaidPark is pretty sweet. I totally cheered for the home team, go Astros!!!
Tonight I was in St. Louis and that game was so intense. Glad the Cubs could pull out a win. Marmol had my heart pumping, lol.

I almost weathered Ike in Houston. it was a miracle I got out of Houston today. I very much thought I was gonna miss my flight. My thoughts and Prayers go outto you guys down there. Sucks that it shifted north, I hope the dirty side misses you guys somehow. it was wierd driving through downtown and the sun wasshining and it was beautiful and people are boarding up windows.
frown.gif

Anyway, GO CUBS GO!!!!!!

PS
i have been MIA, I havent had internet at my house for 7 or 10 days and I am actually typing this in the Ritz-Carlton in St Louis. It is nice to be back.

Stros' W. Roy O with the second CG shutout in a row, and a club record for consecutive scoreless innings, along with 2 rbi's tonight, nice

3 games back, Thanks for the help Chicago haha, and Philly. This is gonna be a good wild card race, may the best team win.

maybe I should do that more often. I couldn't listen to the last 3 innings, thanks to the powers-that-be at my job. When I was done with my task, I askedmy co-worker what happened, and she said we won. She said it in a tired, exhausted way, lol. I feel bad for converting her from a White Sox fan first, Cubssecond, to Cubs fan first, Sox second lol. She can't take all this stress and drama.

And these postponed games, might, be a blessing in disguise. The Astros are hot, so maybe this can cool them off. And playing in a neutral site, will benefitmore us than them. But if there's a double-header sunday, then Chicago/Cubs fans are in for a treat Sunday. Bears, and let's play two? Bring it.

Maybe it's a good thing with the extra days, but maybe not. We were scheduled for a day off Monday before the HUGE series with Mil. Now? Maybe wedon't have that day off and we won't be all that rest for the Brewers.
frown.gif

Guess we'll just have to sit and wait to see what happens. But either way, 5 1/2 game lead with 16 to play. Best record in the NL and we were all scopingout bridges last week.

We're getting spoiled.
happy.gif

Arog27, I'm with you. When Pujols came up, I thought about changing the station, then just checking back. I didn't need my a seizure in my livingroom....

Tylerdub, agreed on Pence. Dude is a manchild and Cubs killer. He started slow this year but has been torrid during the 'Stros crazy second half. I havehim on all my fantasy teams and hes just now starting to pay dividends.

CP1708, I think the extra rest is actually kind of a killer since we pulled two wins off in a row. We need to keep that momentum!

Momentum is the next days starting pitcher.
I didnt think about that Brewers series. It wouldve been nice to have a day off right before that.

They might as well shut down all the regular starters and call up a bunch of minor leagers to finish the season and get some games in.......were toast

My friend was able to get tickets up in Miller Park for tonight's game. Cubs, Astros, Miller Park aka Wrigley Field North. "Let's get it on!"

The Cardinals season is officially over, I will see you guys in the 2009 NL Central thread. I will participate in the playoff threads, but I am done here. Goodluck fellas

Glad the Cubs don't have to play a DH today or tomorrow...what does this extended break mean for Big Z? When is he coming back now?

Its weird being in Milwaukee and NOT playing the Booers.....lol

I would never let the Booers use our stadium....

Back
Top Bottom