..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

I am just hoping the Brewers miss the playoffs, whatever else happens I couldn't care less.
word...Ty's been a little cocky lately.

Just saw tomorrow is Arroyo vs. Sabathia, *%!%!
Arroyo's been throwing well lately, very well. let's hope it continues. but CC's been ridiculous and we're bringing up all thefarmhands....

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

I am just hoping the Brewers miss the playoffs, whatever else happens I couldn't care less.
Come on, leave him be. He knows he could lose both CC and Sheets next season, he's goin for one special season. No reason to blame him forgettin some high hopes. We'd all be doing the same thing in the same situation.

Brewers still suck though.
laugh.gif

god damn David Weathers....CC shoulda gotten a loss today...Bronson shoulda gotten a win, he gave up 2 unearned thru 7...bullpen screws him, we lost 4-3.
smh.gif

Just got some nice seats off ebay for the game tonight..........Hopefully its at least close again...........but you cant beat $35 for 2 tickets that areusually $35 a piece (for a cubs/cards game anyway, Usually $25 i think)

pooper does it again. I leave after the 7th inning....THEN they start hitting the ball, and still loose.

it was really funny when they put my son on the big screen when he was eating his cotton candy though......some family won tickets and the dude holding thecamera decided to focus in on him (wish my hair was braided though, I looked like crap)

Figures Molina would leave the game after getting destroyed by a pitcher. After all he plays for the Cardinals which is full of soft players.

what a game, a much needed win, that we needed oh so badly. Desperation almost. Milwaukee won so we had to treat this as a must win.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Come on, leave him be. He knows he could lose both CC and Sheets next season, he's goin for one special season. No reason to blame him for gettin some high hopes. We'd all be doing the same thing in the same situation.

Brewers still suck though.
laugh.gif

What are you talking about, this cat has acted like a straight douche. Hopefully Sheets & C.C. both leave so that piece of @!*# team can be in the cellarbehind the Pirates.

We can lose Sheets and CC. We have Gallardo and Capuano who will be back next season. Jeremy Jeffres in the minors. Will have a butt load of money to spendin the offseason. And with our offense will be in contention for the divison for the next 5 years atleast. Not to mention our minor leagues are stacked withgreat players. Plus we would get 4 first round picks if we lose CC and Sheets which will help in a few years.

Brewers are here to stay while the Cardinals are fading away.

Personally, I hope the Brewers and Cardinals suck until like 2098.

I just saw Ted barrel into Molina....god damn!! Good solid baseball play...and by a pitcher no less.

Let's go get 2 out of 3 tomorrow.

Originally Posted by aRog27

Hey, that year the Cubs will be celebrating their 190th anniversary of their last championship. I sure hope I'm alive to see that!

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Originally Posted by aRog27

Hey, that year the Cubs will be celebrating their 190th anniversary of their last championship. I sure hope I'm alive to see that!
I know I'll be around Wisco......I could put in a good word for you, but you'll have to shape up a little.....if you catch my drift.

And I just realized it's been 100 years since our last World Series title.....hmm, who knew. Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge on sports history.
smile.gif

We can lose Sheets and CC. We have Gallardo and Capuano who will be back next season. Jeremy Jeffres in the minors. Will have a butt load of money to spend in the offseason. And with our offense will be in contention for the divison for the next 5 years atleast. Not to mention our minor leagues are stacked with great players. Plus we would get 4 first round picks if we lose CC and Sheets which will help in a few years.

Right, just like Carpenter/Mulder/Clement were supposed to give this rotation a lift this year. That line might have worked in the 80s, butnowadays saying "I can't wait until this guy gets back he's gonna dominate!!!" is just about as asinine as most of your posts are.

And also thank you Peter Gammons for your wonderful insight. It is about time the Brewers did something (also it is not over yet) after absolutelysucking since 1982 (we won that series too, by the way).

Damn W4L, I was tryin to keep the guys off you a bit, but I know a sinking ship when I see one, you on your own now brother.
laugh.gif

but I know a sinking ship when I see one (yeah yeah, insert Cubs joke here) You guys are so predictable.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JCH3

And also thank you Peter Gammons for your wonderful insight. It is about time the Brewers did something (also it is not over yet) after absolutely sucking since 1982 (we won that series too, by the way).

Everyone in here should use the ignore user option on Ty, he stays saying the dumbest *@%!
roll.gif

Had Wood blown it again, I would have destroyed my TV set. Lilly pitched a gem, and I was going to burn every Wood jersey I saw had he wasted it.

So, now I am heagin they will move Friday's game up to 1 o'clock because of the hurricane, so they can play play and get the f**k out. Then they wouldplay Saturday, depending on the weather.

Regardless of where we play, we need to get our head out of our *ss.

Only thing im looking forward to for the rest of the season is Pujols` batting title and his streak of 30- homers/100RBI`s continuing.

Im actually excited to see what the team will do for next year with alot of high paid players coming off the books

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Im actually excited to see what the team will do for next year with alot of high paid players coming off the books
You know damn well Dewit is going to sign anyone this offseason, our team is going to look exactly like this years version. Don't expect us tofinish anywhere near the top of the division for awhile. I wouldn't be suprised if we finished in the cellar next season. Ownership thinks the 2006 WorldSeries title should hold us over for at least a decade. It's a damn shame for us fans
e9635b45c15fea6e4d8808591a09763bf19ea06.png

Big Philly-Brewers series coming up while we get the Cubs, though they might be pushed back due to the storm. Oswalt vs the Pirates tonight first though. hopeto get it down to 3 games going into the weekend

Back
Top Bottom