OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
If we traded for lowery wouldn't the raps have gotten the 4th pick?
don't think so because we don't have our pick this year and I think there is a rule you can't trade back to back picks correct me if i'm wrong somebody?

We wouldn't have got KP because our record would've been better with less lottery balls. If we got Lowry I think Melo would've played through the pain. And we probably would've had high 30s for wins.

IK it won't happen, but a trade for Dennis Shchoeder would bring in a cheaper guard that can play D and shoot.

If we're still running the triangle, and as much as I hate him, Evan Turner would be a good fit here.

As far as PGs go I want Jrue Holiday or Mike Conley. Both pipe dreams right now.

Last edited:
before we sign any FA's we need to bring back Pookie & Galloway to help establish a foundation. good teams don't have 8 new guys every season.

signing them long term also shows other players that hard work gets rewarded.

Why would we want to sign Galloway long term? He really brings nothing to the table. He would be a "foundation" piece for a D league team. Not an NBA team.

If the Knicks were to land KD, who plays point guard?

I can't imagine KD leaving OKC to join a team that trots out Galloway or Calderon as its starting PG.

Also, he complimented KP, but we all know KP is a few years away from being a key player on a contender. Still figuring out his body, his game, etc.

I really jus want us to focus on bringing in a PG 1st before anything...

Hell, we shoulda scooped rondo on that one year. It would probably have required murdering calderon to meke cap space but still

Calderon is damn near untradeable. 1) because of his contract & 2) because of his play.

Nobody wants a PG that can't run PnR or defend his position.

Bring Wroten in, Kinda feel sorry for the dude now. Plus he is a good role player.

so many articles are coming out linking Durant to NY... :nerd:

i don't wanna drink the kool aid but as a Knick fan i kinda have to

so many articles are coming out linking Durant to NY... :nerd:

i don't wanna drink the kool aid but as a Knick fan i kinda have to

It would be awesome if he did tho. But honestly, I think in order to land him, there has to be a legit PG in place, not one past his prime, or one being developed, like a point guard for the future, that's ready now.

If we ran the triangle well we could make it work without one. But you know, we don't. We run the rhombus.

I just can't see the triangle working in NY, or anywhere else. I may be wrong, probably am, but the landscape of the NBA has changed too much, people are playing smaller/faster, not too many dedicated half court sets.

Back
Top Bottom