OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
this Lee Jenkins piece on Kristaps is a must read:

Kristaps Porzingis sits in stages, folding his 7'3" frame into a leather chair, collapsing his legs under a coffee table, squeezing his elbows inside an arm rest. It is an act of contortion almost as acrobatic as a lefthanded floater in a crowded lane. The NBA is populated by outsized humans, but there is something especially supernatural about the length of Porzingis, which can’t simply be characterized by wingspan measurements at predraft workouts. The first words Hubie Brown said upon meeting the Knicks’ rookie were, “He’s so tall!” Here was a Hall of Fame coach and broadcaster, a fixture in professional basketball for four decades, reduced to an awestruck kid on the street. “He looks bigger than 7'3",” adds Hawks point guard Jeff Teague, evidence of a phenomenon that has already grown larger than life.

http://on.si.com/Porzingis

Lmao @ dudes saying we are over achieving and that Fisher isn't that bad.

Saw someone credited Fisher with 5 losses... That's being VERY VERY polite. I personally would hand him a good 10-12 losses on just him alone. I know players are the ones who gotta produce, but like others have said, this dude waits for teams to go on 12+ point runs before calling a timeout like he's Phil Jackson. Then you add the horrible rotations and in-game adjustments, it's very inconsistent. Dudes don't know if they gonna play any given night or even how many minutes if they do touch the floor.

I really feel Rambus would have us in the top 4, just off the way he coached that Toronto game when Fisher got tossed.

Durant coming here is a bigger possibility than some might think...

The roc nation relationship is big.

I hear the Knicks already have a 300mil contract ready to offer KD after th t.v. Money and cp space kick in...

I personally would stay away. KD is a super talent but I think it would be the same ol' Knicks story with his injury problems. Soon as he got here he'd get hurt... I just know it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/63955/crying-knicks-fan-wants-porzingis-in-asg

This stupid kid just won't shut up anymore. What bugs me the most about him is that him and his dad are season ticket holders and sit right behind the scorers table at almost every home game. Talk about being spoiled and given a platform to complain even more.

Tough life this kid has.

He's just building his brand and being a fan like the rest of us :lol:
This won't be the last you hear about him either

Apparently it's a mistake to bring back a gritty role player who won't make more than $2 million a year to add depth.

He held out last season for more money and guaranteed money so with this new TV deal he will probably hold out for more than 2 Mil a year on a Multiple year contract. He's shown no progression. Why not save that few Mil and apply it to someone else and pick up another minimum salaried player and see how he does. Players like Gallo are all over the D league and are minimum salaried players so why sign him for multiple years? Doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Oh and everyone is gritty when they are fighting for their first decent contract. Also if you lack a certain skill set that you need for the next level you tend to make it up in grit. I.e. Matthew Delladova and Chris Copeland.

Last edited:
And im still mad we let Shved walk because we wouldn't give him the mini mid level which is like 2.5. He would've been our best Guard option by far.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/63955/crying-knicks-fan-wants-porzingis-in-asg

This stupid kid just won't shut up anymore. What bugs me the most about him is that him and his dad are season ticket holders and sit right behind the scorers table at almost every home game. Talk about being spoiled and given a platform to complain even more.

Tough life this kid has.
Says the guy who has the means to buy the Knicks from James Dolan but wont because he's too busy spending his money on Thai prostitutes and Krokodil.

JK, but seriously I'm sick of hearing about that kid. The story is old at this point.

Tough life this kid has.

Lil homie wasn't even really crying. He was puttin on a stunt for w/e social media he was about to post that vid to. I don't understand why he's getting all this attention in the first place.

he's the new poster boy for Knicks fans & i hate him

kid looks like he'd be annoying, too.

Last edited:
The vine of that guy screaming at the tv after KP was drafted was should be played in loop when after KP leads us to a title.

Durant coming here is a bigger possibility than some might think...

The roc nation relationship is big.

I hear the Knicks already have a 300mil contract ready to offer KD after th t.v. Money and cp space kick in...

I personally would stay away. KD is a super talent but I think it would be the same ol' Knicks story with his injury problems. Soon as he got here he'd get hurt... I just know it.
Our luck he'd get here and have to have his hip shaved or neck amputated, but he got like 450 million, and the team is stuck.

Durant is going to reup for one more year and wait for the cap to blow the next year...

Don't think he is going to Washington though, Wall doesn't offer him anything different and hometown pressure isn't what he needs.

Back
Top Bottom