OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Every day it's a new video of a few guys working out together.

Can't ******* wait for the season. If things go our way we're in store for 50 wins.

Last edited:
bring shorty to the next summit and tell her to bring all her friends... including the fat chicks :evil:

Last edited:
I never really liked Jennings, didn't really want him when we could have drafted him either.

I am happy to see him as a Knick, though. If only because he truly wants to be here. That's one reason why I always had a soft spot for Felton.. even though he wasn't a NY dude, he truly embraced the city and wanted to be here.

And same for Jennings. He's on a good deal, and it's a realistic hope he can be a solid backup PG and 6th man. Let him go out there with the 2nd unit, score, dish, maybe play alongside Rose occasionally, and I'll take that.

Last edited:
I never really liked Jennings, didn't really want him when we could have drafted him either.

I am happy to see him as a Knick, though. If only because he truly wants to be here. That's one reason why I always had a soft spot for Felton.. even though he wasn't a NY dude, he truly embraced the city and wanted to be here.

And same for Jennings. He's on a good deal, and it's a realistic hope he can be a solid backup PG and 6th man. Let him go out there with the 2nd unit, score, dish, maybe play alongside Rose occasionally, and I'll take that.
Exactly how I feel.

Plus I aint forget about Jennings zestyness. It was on Big Baby levels.

Last edited:
It's not not that urealistic really. He did get that 1 MVP vote so Lebron ain't get it unimous lol

Last edited:
Stephon Marbury, when asked about an #NBA comeback, shut it down QUICKLY: "I'm more interested in watching Derrick Rose destroy everybody."
Steph 
pimp.gif

LEt's get it... Ive been saying since we traded for him. IF Rose is 100% healthy this season, he should be much more efficient running pick and rolls/pops this season in Horny's system than he was last year in Chicago due to the amount of floor spacers we are going to put around him, while in Chicago he almost always had 2 traditional big men taking up valuable driving room in the paint, which explains alot of why he wasnt great at finishing at the hoop off pick and rolls last season.

Even so, as Chris Herring mentioned recently in his article, Rose was still among the league leaders in hockey assists last season due to him running pick and rolls with great passing big men like Pau and Noah. The Knicks should also be able to use Rose to that effect this season in pick and rolls with Noah, KP, even Melo (and even KOQ actually), all great passing big men + triangle facilitated player movement. But because we have more floor spacers than the Bulls did last season, Rose should be able to get much cleaner looks at the basket and draw defenders to him, opening up looks for our shooters.

Im honestly excited to see how Horny's pace and space style interacts with the triangle. Fisher was trying to create something similar to that before Phil intervened for whatever reason, and I thought that was one of the most productive parts of his brief coaching tenure. But I think the 2 can honestly work very well together if Phil lets Horny do his thing. Because Horny's style should be the Knicks go to look, with the triangle working as a secondary option and a way to space the floor. More like how Kerr uses the triangle to facilitate player movement in Golden State than the way we used it the last 2 seasons. The triangle should serve as a great way to get players in good position to score after our PGs attack the basket through Horny's system. This should obviously lead to easy buckets playing at a faster pace and through pick and rolls, but also good team basketball later in the possession if we dont score right away. We have the personnel to do so with good shooters and passers set up around 2 quality attacking PGs.

Basically, if all goes well, Rose should be a great fit on this team considering our roster makeup and coaching system. Rose is basically the exact kind of player we have been missing the last 2 years if he is healthy and ready to roll... Let's pray for those knees.

And im also excited to see what Jennings can do in that 6th man role. We need him to be our Bobby Jackson when he was on the Kings in the early 2000s. Also  pumped up to see how he and Rose do together in a 2 PG set like we ran effectively in 2013 and Horny ran successfully with all his PGs in Phoenix. I think that would be a set up for disaster just 5 short years ago, but with the way the NBA is played today, it can become an effective look for us to throw at teams. If we pair those 2 with Melo at the 4 and KP at the 5, they should have a TON of room to attack the basket and shooters all around. That can turn into a very effective different look to throw at teams and it should be very fun to watch as fans... But again, obviously contingent on health... As everything should be this season.

Last edited:
Brahs, how is the quality of an authentic jersey? NBA.com got em on sale for 149.99 right now. Might scoop me a Melo jersey if the quality's good.

Back
Top Bottom