OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
even though we won
pimp.gif
this was his only dunk this year

I'm alright with you outsiders posting in this thread as long as you identify yourselves as Drose fanboys and not knick fans lol

Btw, I just realized MozGod is a free agent...we should go after him. Bring him back home.

Chicago bulls/DROSE fanboy here.

how u guys feel acquiring my boy drose

a lot of people I know are happy but of course are skeptical about his injuries. For people that are complaining I have no clue why. They wanted Jose gone and now he is. Robin Lopez is replaceable. Looking forward in seeing who else the Knicks acquire.

I'm sooooooo cautiously optimistic with this trade.

Get a star and the NYC air washes them up. And in this case, could wash someone up even more.
Melo needs more help.

Would getting Noah pan out? D Howard?
I'd prefer Howard on the defensive end, but on the offensive end i don't want anything to do with him.

Now another year for Melo to waste on the tail end of his prime to lure someone here next off season.

I hope everything pans out and we get another FA this off season.

This season might not be a wash if [emoji]127801[/emoji] stays healthy and we acquire a quality starting C. Shore up the bench and we're most definitely smelling the playoffs.

This season might not be a wash if [emoji]127801[/emoji] stays healthy and we acquire a quality starting C. Shore up the bench and we're most definitely smelling the playoffs.

I think that he'll play without a minutes restriction, but he will probably take some games off to preserve him, like they did Amarè, who would be cool to bring back, but I can see him resting sporadically through the season. I'm not even concerned about Rose, I'm more concerned about who will be brought in at the 2 and who can shore up the bench.

Stop bringing up Amare :lol:

He's washed, stole enough of our money and is still somehow bitter towards NYC.

He's not washed. He is rinsed, but not washed.
Feel like this about the trade. Rose at 50% is def much better than Caldo at 100%. If Stat could come to NY and ball out for half a season and get us back in the playoffs, hopefully Rose will too..

If rose butler pau and all their other great role players couldn't make the playoffs what makes u guys think our current roster will?

If rose butler pau and all their other great role players couldn't make the playoffs what makes u guys think our current roster will?

a lot of truth here.

On another note,

DO NOT WANT THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS:

Delladova
D.Howard
Amare

We are not getting Durant, and I doubt we're getting Westbrook next season. Theyre already on a good team, why come to ny ?

I'm trying to stay positive. As a few have pointed out the trade was more about experimenting and having an expiring contract for next years FA..

a lot of truth here.

On another note,

DO NOT WANT THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS:

Delladova
D.Howard
Amare

We are not getting Durant, and I doubt we're getting Westbrook next season. Theyre already on a good team, why come to ny ?

Forgot about J.Lin. Def dont want Lin

At this point, I'm more concerned about what the other teams are doing in the East. There are two things that would have to appeal to a FA to come here, 1.) Melo/KP and 2.) It is NY.  There are some teams that have more appeal, the city might not have the glitz like NY, but those teams are already winning (TOR, MIA, etc...) so we have a lot to compete with. Especially with Miami, I don't see them letting Whiteside walk, or at least they shouldn't, plus they have a legitimate young core and the right amount of veterans. I am more concerned with who those teams sign because they are the competition. Also, I am on board with going forward without Lin/Dwert Howard.  Howard will fold in NY.

Back
Top Bottom