OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
arrjae2 arrjae2 his percentages increased across the board with his increased playing time. Pretty much shows off his entire offensive skillset here. Just a pure scorer. He already moves better without the ball than any of our current players.

Knicks could use a perimeter threat. i just dont want to overpay this guy.

Last edited:
If rose plays good for us. Do we resign him?
He's going to ask for the max I'm asking you guys do you give it to him.

I doubt Westbrook will come here. I'm hoping cp3 opts out and comes here next summer.

We put too much stock in who should or shouldn't get the max or not. To win big in the NBa, you're going to have to get deep in the luxury tax. Bottom line.

With a rising cap and an owner that don't mind spending extra guac, it don't really matter who getting paid what if you believe you have the right players to contend.

Last edited:
We put too much stock in who should or shouldn't get the max or not. To win big in the NBa, you're going to have to get deep in the luxury tax. Bottom line.

With a rising cap and an owner that don't mind spending extra guac, it don't really matter who getting paid what if you believe you have the right players to contend.

As Knick fans we always have to be worried who we throw money at. It doesn't always exactly pan out...

#JeromeJames

True

Add Jared Jeffries :x

I actually liked him when we signed him to a minimum contract :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if, hypothetically speaking, we somehow land KD in free agency and you people would still find something to complain about :lol: :smh:

I was just about to say that. It would go something like this "Why did we sign KD? Now we can't sign Westbrook next year and KD is going to take minutes from KOQ. Typical Knicks move. KD doesn't make us any better". And then the media will knock us. But let Golden State Sign Greg Oden and it will be talked about like it was the best off season move.

I thought Nickmaz was annoying today but proshares has him slightly beat on social media.....dude :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry for being annoying, just needed a place to vent :lol: :lol:

Worst case scenario we win 13 games & draft Josh Jackson/Jayson Tatum

Last edited:
You see, that's a good way to look at it...we still have our draft pick and we have money for next year lol

A typical Knick move would've been to include the next two years picks and take back a longer contract. This trade wasn't that.

Last edited:
Phil must know something and/or see something that we don't.

My guess is that a Noah signing is coming very shortly at any rate, this isn't our "all in" move - that's still coming.

Can't judge this deal on its face just yet until that comes...

I wonder if we'll be going after Whiteside. Or we could move Porzingis to the 5, Melo to the 4, & fully embrace small ball.

I really just want the roster to be rounded out with young players with potential. Shooting & defense is also a must.

I wonder if we'll be going after Whiteside. Or we could move Porzingis to the 5, Melo to the 4, & fully embrace small ball.

I really just want the roster to be rounded out with young players with potential. Shooting & defense is also a must.

Pat not letting Whiteside go

I love that a 7 foot 3 dude potentially moving to center is considered "small ball" KP's skill set is really unreal.

One of the best things about this trade, that I haven't heard anyone mention is that Phil Jackson has budged.

Between hiring Hornacek and now actively acquiring a big name PG, he has given ground on his old-school triangle approach.

That makes me happy.

This was a great trade and I'm cautiously optimistic about next season.

I think D. Rose is gonna ball out for us.

I have a feeling we're gonna end up upgrading from D. Rose to CP3 too.

Still a lot of opportunity to keep improving this summer.

Rose

Melo

Porzingis

Noah/Dwight/?

NY basketball hype bout to come off the roof. Just in time to take the limelight away from LeBum
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom