OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I'd be happy with Vogel.

If it's Rambis I might just league pass 'condense' our games next season :smh:

If Rambis was really the guy I think it'd be done already.

I'll be happy with Blatt or Vogel. Anyone else is unacceptable.

Over this experiment. Sign Vogel and retire.

As much success as Vogul has had with the Pacers, he's never really shown he could work with bigs. I have my reservations with how he'd develop KP. If my observations are right, he likes to slow the ball down and puts his bigs on the block and while looking for offensive boards and tip-ins. This would immediately put a screeching halt to KP's development.

Albeit, we'd probably be a great defensive team and play a gritty type of game.

i have to admit that conley is the best PG option out there. however, i do not think he's worth what he will be paid. the only PGs that deserve 20mil per are curry, westbrook, and CP. other than that, there are good PGs, but no superstar. maybe add lillard to that list, but its a very short list.

realistically, we should trade our 2017 pick, during this years draft, for teague. bc i honestly feel like if we can sign a batum or bazemore, we will make the playoffs next season and our pick will be in the high teens/20s.

even if we dont sign durant...which is extremely wishful thinking anyway...we can have this roster at the beginning of next season:

teague, grant, wroten
batum/bazemore
melo, dwill (hopefully he opts in)
KP
lopez, oquinn

all we would need is a couple more bigs and if teague doesnt work out, his contract expires after next season. that way we still have cap for summer 17 and might be able to lure westbrook. i think we have a much much better chance of getting westbrook than durant. spending all our money on conley will cripple us until either him, melo, or lopez come off the books. also, getting teague instead of conley will also allow us to have enough money to actually offer batum or bazemore.

Conley at $20M would be considered a bargain once the cap goes up. I don't know why some of you are forgetting to note that.

I don't think Batum or Bazemore would be okay with coming off the bench. Especially Bazemore. He's had quite the notoriety this post-season.

Last edited:
conley isnt THAT good. hes a good pg, but not 20mil worth. id rather spend the money on a couple pieces instead of one nearing his 30s. we are already paying a 30 year old over 23mil/year.

I understand the hesitancy to pay $25M+, but it's more important to look at the 30%.

yall bugging. This team has been Rambis' since Fisher got the boot. Its his job to lose. Phil laughing at all this while smoking peyote in the dakotas. this chapter been closed. Stop doing this to yourselves

If the Kings snatch up Vogel while Phil is busy chiefing it up in the mountains and we end up stuck with Shaw or Rhombus.....

Vogel's options are us, Sacramento, or Houston.

We might be the best of the worst :lol:

Back
Top Bottom