OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
^ it all depends on who you get... someone like dwight or whiteside are good players but their contracts expire so the team trading for them is banking on keeping them but could lose assets if they leave...but if you trade players as a salary dump it could be good for the team trading those guys and good for the team receiving them... look at jr when we traded him he sucked here but was a salary dump for us but a good player for the cavs who can have him for a few years...this is why that tobias harris trade was made... the pistons get a good player for a few years and the magic dumped his contract hoping they can sign someone real good this summer... still think it was a bad move because tobias had a decent contract and is still young

expirings are probably worth less this year cause of the weak FA's

after the top 10-12 guys it's all role players

Expirings have been worthless for a few years. Only worth something if you're taking on a long term contract. And typically teams only try to trade those if they don't like the guy anymore.

Honestly feel like we're gonna stay put this deadline. Phil's plan is probably to stay patient to see what other teams do before he tries to make a last second move. Our lack of assets def doesn't help either.

Last edited:
Phils trades as a GM. Ehhhhh.....

Traded Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw.
Traded Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton for Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert and two second-rounders.
Traded Pablo Prigioni for Alexey Shved and second-round draft picks in 2017 and 2019.
Traded Shumpert and JR Smith for Lance Thomas and two 2nd rounders.
Traded THJ for Jerian Grant.

Last edited:
Phils trades as a GM. Ehhhhh.....

Traded Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw.
Traded Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton for Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert and two second-rounders.
Traded Pablo Prigioni for Alexey Shved and second-round draft picks in 2017 and 2019.
Traded Shumpert and JR Smith for Lance Thomas and two 2nd rounders.
Traded THJ for Jerian Grant.

B/c he had so many "assets" to work w/ :lol:

talk about a long term contract that totally sucked... i rather of had the expiring contract of tyson instead

Unfortunately we really had no leverage. That's just how things work in business sometimes. The person who doesn't have leverage usually ends up having to take what they can get

only one i think we lost was Tyson for Calderon
And on paper it didn't look that bad. Larkin had potential at the time, the draft picks were needed, Calderon wasn't viewed as an abortion. Either way, that trade did flop, but so be it.

If Lance Stephenson is waived, we need to gamble and sign him. Kid is a nutcase, but he's too talented to not gamble on. Maybe Phil can Zen his *** into relevancy.

Last edited:
Caldo's contract isn't bad. what is a bad contract now is not a bad contract next year, keep in mind. Many teams will be willing to take on that kind of contract because it won't have the same effect on cap

also, second round pick are good only if they are used well. drafting Cleanthony, though it seemed like a steal, was not a good pick.

very rarely are there gems on a 2nd round pick.. so it was a gamble on cleanthony but sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt... im hoping that kp teammate from last year we drafted works out for us if he leaves for the nba next season

very rarely are there gems on a 2nd round pick.. so it was a gamble on cleanthony but sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt... im hoping that kp teammate from last year we drafted works out for us if he leaves for the nba next season
i think he'll be pretty good. judging by the little tape I've seen.

And on paper it didn't look that bad. Larkin had potential at the time, the draft picks were needed, Calderon wasn't viewed as an abortion. Either way, that trade did flop, but so be it.

If Lance Stephenson is waived, we need to gamble and sign him. Kid is a nutcase, but he's too talented to not gamble on. Maybe Phil can Zen his *** into relevancy.

i mean if phil got ron and dennis to behave, i think he can do the same for lance. id only give him a one year deal though. i dont want him on a long term contract just to act like JR.

dont get me wrong, i liked JR. when he was playing well, it made his antics tolerable, but then he started to play like ****...

It's been that way for as long as I can remember..since the days of Jordan and Reggie. So yes, all guards kill us lol

Last edited:
Every now and then I wonder how I am still a fan of this team. All of my memories are of us getting killed by another team or player :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom