OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Phil reeeeeeally wants Teague but we don't have any assets.

hope he doesn't do anything crazy

We're not losing because of Melo, but it's painfully obvious we're not winning with him either. I'd support that 3 team deal in a heartbeat.

Brooklyn looks to have a high pick, and Crowder is a good piece to the puzzle. Would love to see if Lee can do anything :pimp:.

Plus, we can run those Diddy Coming Home commercials again.

We're not losing because of Melo, but it's painfully obvious we're not winning with him either. I'd support that 3 team deal in a heartbeat.

Brooklyn looks to have a high pick, and Crowder is a good piece to the puzzle. Would love to see if Lee can do anything :pimp:.

Plus, we can run those Diddy Coming Home commercials again.

Ya'll do realize that we are a few coaching decisions away from being 5th in the East, right? Look, the Knicks arent playing bad, we have consistently bad starts, get back into the game, then run out of gas. Despite poor backcourt play, this team is still good enough to be 5th in the East.

Ya'll do realize that we are a few coaching decisions away from being 5th in the East, right? Look, the Knicks arent playing bad, we have consistently bad starts, get back into the game, then run out of gas. Despite poor backcourt play, this team is still good enough to be 5th in the East.
With all of that understood, I'd still rather let Melo go to a contender now & get something in return for him. KP is maybe a couple seasons away from being a superstar. I'd like to see us build something around young talent.

That's all I'm saying.

You can build around KP when he's ready. People fail to realize the reason why KP is playing so well is he attention Melo commands. Take Melo off the team, make KP the man today and he's hit with double teams each night.

Last edited:
give me teague for caldo and lance thomas
If the Hawks are committed to Schroder as their starting PG, this wouldn't be such a bad trade.

Calderon is a viable backup PG and Thomas could be DeMarre Carroll 2.0. But like Carroll, Thomas wouldn't have his full Bird Rights in free agency.

But on the surface, it would look bad. :lol:

CbWorVpWcAAecWu

You can build around KP when he's ready. People fail to realize the reason why KP is playing so well is he attention Melo commands. Take Melo off the team, make KP the man today and he's hit with double teams each night.

People think I'm crazy for saying this same thing.

It's stupid to force him to be the man. Like why? What will that accomplish? We'll get better with him being the No. 1 option, hit with double teams every time down? Let him develop into a star naturally. Surround him with talent that can take the pressure off him, not subtract talent and apply pressure to him.

It's stupid to force him to be the man. Like why? What will that accomplish? We'll get better with him being the No. 1 option, hit with double teams every time down? Let him develop into a star naturally. Surround him with talent that can take the pressure off him, not subtract talent and apply pressure to him.

Impatience.

They assume you'll get a great haul for Melo. And guys will line up to play with the Knicks.

It's a discussion when people say Lakers should have drafted KP over Russell. If you just ignore the lack of great fit... Buffoon Scott would hinder KP in the same way he has Russell.

I'm not on the trade Melo wagon but I wouldn't be opposed to trading him if a good deal comes up & he'd waive his NTC.

Count me out of the trade Melo bandwagon. I honestly don't think we should even make a trade right now. Wouldn't be angry if we pass this deadline w/o making a move.

No to the Melo trade and no to forcing KP as the foundation. Rookie is doing well but is hardly the foundation of a team at this point. Hell he ain't even the clear ROY yet. Very happy he's not the project we expected but lets be happy where we're at with him now. Backcourt needs to be the current focus rite now, imo

Back
Top Bottom