OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Just finished reading an Insider article, "Ten big trades we'd like to see before the NBA deadline". From I see, ESPN writers would like to see Melo getting traded.

The Cleveland-Boston-New York megadeal

Cleveland Cavaliers send: Kevin Love to Boston

Boston Celtics send: Jae Crowder, Brooklyn's 2016 first-round pick and David Lee to New York

New York Knicks send: Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland and Lance Thomas to Boston

View in ESPN's trade machine

Tom Haberstroh: Who's happiest about this trade? LeBron gets to play with his buddy Carmelo Anthony. Boston gets its star in Love. And the Knicks can realistically dream about a Ben Simmons-Kristaps Porzingis frontcourt.

The Knicks would have to convince Anthony (and wife La La) to waive his no-trade clause and leave the Big Apple, but the carrot of playing for a championship with his pal LeBron James would probably be enough to ease those concerns.

Love would again become the No. 1 option he deserves to be and play for a coach who recognizes his talents. The Celtics would have the defensive muscle out on the perimeter to help mask Love's issues in the pick-and-roll.

The Knicks could rebuild around Porzingis and the Nets' pick. In this draft, that's one of the most valuable trade chips in the game. Crowder is a hard-nosed stud who would fit in the triangle and give them a quality player in return. Icing on the cake: Lee comes home to New York.

Melo to the Lakers

New York Knicks send: Carmelo Anthony

Los Angeles Lakers send: D'Angelo Russell and Roy Hibbert

Ford: Melo's trade value won't get any higher than it is right now. With the arrival of Porzingis, Anthony is no longer the fan favorite he once was, giving the Knicks a trade window. The Lakers are one of the very few destinations that I think Melo would waive his no-trade clause for, especially if L.A. is promising to go all-out to build a contender next year.

Russell was the No. 2 pick in the draft last year, a 19-year-old scorer and playmaker who has shown improvement all season. Putting him next to Porzingis would give the Knicks two terrific young players to build around. While some fans might not feel like it's enough for Melo, this kind of move is the best long-term course of action for the Knicks. (I proposed a similar deal in December that would net Justise Winslow of the Heat for Melo.)

For the Lakers, it's a way to rebuild almost instantly rather than wait to see how the pingpong balls bounce. Add Melo, and L.A. suddenly becomes a much more attractive free-agent destination this summer.

Melo teaming up with Dirk

New York Knicks send: Carmelo Anthony

Dallas Mavericks send: Chandler Parsons, Raymond Felton, Dwight Powell and picks in the next two drafts

David Thorpe: Seeing Carmelo in the playoffs is just something the basketball gods would want. Seeing him under master guru Rick Carlisle would be even more special. If anyone can best utilize his still-considerable skill set, it's Carlisle and the Mavs.

Parsons would be a good fit with the Knicks' style of play and the bright lights of New York. The draft picks could be very valuable, Powell has the potential to be a solid player and the cap space the Knicks would gain in this trade would make them strong contenders to bring in elite talent.

Last edited:
After years of receiving ESPN mag I just realized it comes with free insider. LA looking for a new King seems almost like a done deal.

Last edited:
Jae Crowder & a top 5 pick is probably the highest Melo's value will be from this point forward

:lol: @ those trades.

ESPN thinking more about the Knicks history than what Phil could do.

:x @ slimmed down Fatboy Felton coming back here in any packaged deal.

A lot of those deals ignore what Phil would want if he wanted to trade Melo and if Melo would even go. I know from common sense Melo would never go to LAL or DAL and for personal/pride reasons I can't see him okaying a deal to the Cavs to help LeBron.

Keep in mind, this time of the year, news outlets want you to click as many times as possible. It's even worse being a NY team.

Journalism has become so lazy.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom