OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Larry Brown wasn't no "yes men," the reason why he got fired was b/c he essentially butted heads with the entire Knicks management team.......Dolan to Isiah to everyone else up top

…and because he was finished…

Herb Williams is what yes men aspire to one day achieve. My guy survived like 6 coaching changes and when he got fired ends up with the Liberty.

#TeflonDon

Facts are Thibs runs a system of basketball which is what Phil wants

And those Bulls were making the triangle cuts a lot better than we ever have

I hope Phil is willing to consider Thibs although they have no relationship

Last edited:
I've been reading that Thibbs hs been working on his offensive schemes and working with other coaches so I'm open to the idea long as he knows he can't burn out his starters.

I didn't like Thibs on Chicago really and the burnout thing is a serious issue but, he did do a good job of getting young players to improve—(at the time) Rose, Noah got significantly better under him.  Then Butler more recently.  

But hard-edged coaches seem to struggle in NY.  That worries me.  

Also he got a major media pass in Chicago for falling short of expectations repeatedly after the initial improvement.  That is not going to fly on the Knicks.

Last edited:
nope i wouldnt even consider trading melo... he could retire a knick for all i care... he needs to get the respect ewing never got and we traded him for no reason when he should of finished his career here...i know ewing got to the finals twice and melo didnt but melo gets my respect for being the first superstar wanting to come here... this franchise was trash for a long time and stat came here just for the money but was only good for that 1 year...

Back
Top Bottom