OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I'm not too upset considering I set my expectations low for the season but it definitely sucks that the raps are gonna get a good pick. :rolleyes

u ever play on a 8 foot rim and see how easy it is to dominate?  thats how kp must feel all the time but yet we always gotta run a predictable offense.  your best two players have mismatches every night play off it.  

unless he wants to coach phil needs to get off his high horse about the triangle.  i like the triangle offense but he needs get an actual coach and let them coach.  than he can focus on his job being a gm and stop making terrible trades.  without the calderon trade and keeping at least one of the sg's (jr, shump, thjr) this team would be much more formidable on both ends and have at least some semblance of a core  

It's gunna he difficult bringing in a coach who doesn't follow the triangle or isn't the "zen masters" guy, face it we are screwed at coach wap getting a high profile one

Charlotte has been balling, and I really don't see any team above them falling out unless the Bulls fall apart without Butler, and I doubt that happens.

Maybe the Pacers could fall out? :\

Realistically, I think Toronto is gonna get a great pick guys. Hope I'm wrong.

Question about our cap space next summer. So the salary cap should shoot up to about 90 million next year right?

If thats the case if AA and Derrick Williams decline their player options we should have about 35 million in cap space.

If we can find a taker for Lopez, and stretch Jose wouldnt we have two max slots? In theory couldnt we sign Conley and Durant?

Now Im not sure all of the pieces would fit very well (KP would play C? Melo and Durant dont really seem to mesh well together either)

I am just trying to figure out how much flexibility we have for next summer.

One horrifying turning point was the moment Carmelo Anthony twisted his ankle stepping on a referee during New York's Jan. 12 clash with the Boston Celtics. The Knicks went on the win the game, but Melo would miss five of the next 15 games, as the ankle injury seemed to trigger an issue in his surgically-repaired knee.

If you still think about that night, you're not alone. So does Melo. Per Steve Popper:

"It's something I actually sit back and reflect on at night when I'm just at home relaxing," Anthony said. "And just knowing kind of where I was at individually, coming off the surgery where I was at physically, I was actually on the upside of things, I was feeling very very good. My body was feeling good.

"Everything was feeling good. Mentally, emotionally, I was feeling good. Then that one incident happened and it kind of throws you off emotionally, throws you off physically, and you find yourself trying to fight and figure things out of what's going on."

|I

"To all you players out there, who don't wanna be on a team where the coach is...all up in the player's ol'ladies all in the player's intros, dancin'...then come to New York!"

Last edited:
Derek dirtbag fisher. always struck me as someone who on the surface appears straigt and moral but beneath that is the seediness and cornball stuff. Basically a well polished snake.

I never tool his good guy professional schtick seriously. This is equivalent to a seemigly proper school principal engaging in extracurricular affairs with a student.

Dude was a lame from the start. Good riddance, and if my "girl" cheats on me with derek fisher, he could have her.

Question about our cap space next summer. So the salary cap should shoot up to about 90 million next year right?

If thats the case if AA and Derrick Williams decline their player options we should have about 35 million in cap space.

If we can find a taker for Lopez, and stretch Jose wouldnt we have two max slots? In theory couldnt we sign Conley and Durant?

Now Im not sure all of the pieces would fit very well (KP would play C? Melo and Durant dont really seem to mesh well together either)

I am just trying to figure out how much flexibility we have for next summer.

Not really.. But close

If you kept Carmelo, Kristaps, Jerian, Langston, Cleanthony and stretched Jose.. That is 5 roster spots (Calderon would not count a 1). Then you have to factor in 5 more Roster Spot Cap Holds (I'll low ball it at $493K)

That leaves you at $50.8mil in cap space..

You either have maybe $100K for it to $800K short on Conley & KD.

But that's if....
You trade Robin Lopez for nothing in return (really unlikely)
Aaron Afflalo opt out (Likely)
Derrick Williams opts out (50/50, but I lean towards he will opt in)
Trade Kyle O'Quinn for nothing (shouldn't be too hard)

But think the Knicks would be better served going in a different route than that

Last edited:
priorities this summer:

- PG
- a 40% 3pt shooter
- a backup big that doesn't suck
- a coach not named Brian Shaw

It all depends on who your coach is...That has to come first.

Because if it's a Triangle Coach... Then Mike Conley is a waste of time for you guys.

You gotta chase KD, although I think there's 3-4 teams ahead of you guys for him.. He's a Top 3-4 player. Always gotta chase that if you have the room.

But a Nic Batum for the max or near max (yes that's kind of disappointing in the realm of things) would be a tremendous signing for you guys.

Then use whatever is left for a quality PG... Get into the playoffs.

Then try to clear things a bit for a max deal in 2017

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom