OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
KoQ & D.Will getting more minutes are the keys to us getting the most out of this season.

Always has been, always will be. Just waiting for it to sink in with Fisher.

Melo doing Melo things. The basketball world will be back on his bandwagon by the time All-Star break rolls around.

All we really need is a competent PG and for Fisher to let our athletic versatile forwards run and play through their mistakes.

RoLo has been a terrible fit. He looked SOOO much better in Portland.

Last edited:
Melo called last night a must-win, went out and dropped 37 so we don't go winless on the road trip, in spite of KP being a non-factor...y'all still want to trade him for role players and 2nd round draft picks?

Melo calls every game a must win. Hopefully he can build on this, but he'll somehow proceed to give us 2-3 garbage games in a row.

Last edited:
Melo called last night a must-win, went out and dropped 37 so we don't go winless on the road trip, in spite of KP being a non-factor...y'all still want to trade him for role players and 2nd round draft picks?

If he's gonna give us 2 great offensive games every 25 he plays yea I do but if he's back to being a consistent 26 ppg scorer hell no

If he's gonna give us 2 great offensive games every 25 he plays yea I do but if he's back to being a consistent 26 ppg scorer hell no

Melo could play like trash for 10 games in a row and then have 1 good game and then have 10 more trash games and the Melo stans will be like "oh so you still want to trade Melo" or if Melo makes a good pass during one of his trash games his stans are like " oh my god, did you see that pass Melo made" he's a "superstar" on a max contract he's supposed to lead this team and out of 10 games he should be ballin 8 out of those 10 games. We're not paying Melo to make a few good passes and have a few good games.

Last edited:
It just hit me that we have the worst starting PG in the league :x :smh:

No wonder we're always gonna be garbage.

Last edited:
It just hit me that we have the worst starting PG in the league :x :smh:

No wonder we're always gonna be garbage.

This right here is what people don't seem to understand. Melo has historically THRIVED whenever paired with a highly competent PG. We drastically need to upgrade the starting PG spot to get the most out of this team.

And some of y'all seem so hell bent on proving that Melo can't score a lot anymore :lol:...the season just started. We'll see who's right by the end of the season, that's for sure

Last edited:
Melo could play like trash for 10 games in a row and then have 1 good game and then have 10 more trash games and the Melo stans will be like "oh so you still want to trade Melo" or if Melo makes a good pass during one of his trash games his stans are like " oh my god, did you see that pass Melo made" he's a "superstar" on a max contract he's supposed to lead this team and out of 10 games he should be ballin 8 out of those 10 games. We're not paying Melo to make a few good passes and have a few good games.

Bingo. I consider myself a Melo Stan as well but I'm just a tad more realistic and honest when he's playing like ****

Bingo. I consider myself a Melo Stan as well but I'm just a tad more realistic and honest when he's playing like ****

I feel you. I been a Knicks fan for almost 30 years and I would love to see someone like Melo lead this team deep in the playoffs. But I'm a realist about it. If we pay you we expect you to perform. No excuses, just perform how we pay you. It gets old with all the excuses, Melo doesn't have this to help him Melo doesn't have that to help him. He's not getting any foul calls. So if you're not getting any foul calls underneath and you're missing the shots and that's essentially costing us games then you need to try a different approach. It's called evolving and adapting your game.

I feel you. I been a Knicks fan for almost 30 years and I would love to see someone like Melo lead this team deep in the playoffs. But I'm a realist about it. If we pay you we expect you to perform. No excuses, just perform how we pay you. It gets old with all the excuses, Melo doesn't have this to help him Melo doesn't have that to help him. He's not getting any foul calls. So if you're not getting any foul calls underneath and you're missing the shots and that's essentially costing us games then you need to try a different approach. It's called evolving and adapting your game.
Wait, are you blaming Melo for not getting foul calls? That's HIS fault? Granted, he's had some really bad shooting nights, but the fact that it seems as if you're blaming him for not getting foul calls is kinda ridiculous. If you're gonna call ppl stans, then you should be categorized as a hater.

Back
Top Bottom