**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

It's not about getting swept. From that very first game, we should've beaten the Celtics in this series. There's no excuse for waiving Brewer when Renaldo Balkman and Andy Rautins are still on our team.

And how is Brewer not an asset if we weren't gonna keep him for the long run? At the end of the day, the Knicks are looking like 2 or 3 great moves and then almost all bad moves.

I get the whole long run, future, long run, future !%%, but that doesn't mean much if we keep this pace. That's how you turn into the Mavs...or damn...the Hawks.

if donnie comes back i don't even want him consulting dantoni to be honest

there have been alot of moves that we blundered because a player doesn't "fit into dantoni's system". and that's only ones that have been reported. i'm not talking about any giant blockbuster players, but there have been missed opportunities to get players that can contribute

he has way too much say about our personnel imo

Bill Walker is actually a solid player with the exception of his pathetic game 2 performance. The problem is our bench is straight garbage so he comes on the court with Amare and/or Melo and a bunch of scrubs.

Question: IF Amar'e plays tomorrow, who will be our starting SG since Pringles wants Landry off the bench? Does he start Bill Walker or play Shawnee Williams as a second Forward?

I just found it hilarious at the time that every "intelligent" basketball team (Spurs, Boston, Dallas, Miami) wanted to sign Brew as soon as we cut him loose. Yet Pringles pre-determined at some point that Brew, A, couldn't play his style of basketball, B, couldn't help this team in ANY aspect, and C, wasn't even worth giving a look considering he's due to be a FA and everyone damn well knows he would have given it all he had when and if he had ever played cause he clearly wants to get paid.

It was actually funny after we played Dallas if anyone caught the postgame with him someone asked him if he was surprised at Brewer's skills and dude just completely avoided the question. He said something along the lines "we did the classy thing letting him go cause I knew I wasn't going to play him so I credit the organization for doing the right thing." Like c'mon now, seriously????
30t6p3b.gif

I'm not going to say that AR is going to be a star but essentially we let him go for nothing. I'm not gonna even touch the argument that surrounds him getting playing time but him and Brew should have been ASSETS to this team moving forward. You're telling me that a 22 year old 6'10 swing forward has no value at all, which is the way Pringles felt IMO. The least he could have done was protected the kids trade value down the line cause you damn well know Donnie would have been able to use him as a trade chip possibly down the road, but no, he turns into a complete giveaway.

What gives Pringles the right to be so stubborn and just determine that certain guys "fit" into his style of basketball and even if they don't have the necessary skills he's looking for, they have no use at all. His methods are such BS, I know I sound like a broken record talking about him but at this point this is just one of 100 issues that I have with his coaching.

SMH but it is what it is

its very sad thinking about this damn series. One bad game really sucked the life out of the city. We just looked demoralized, tired, sad. All of the above. I would expect a game like that if it was game 4 and we lost the third game the same way we lost game 2. THEN it would seem like "damn all the odds are against us and we down 0-3"

Im not even gonna start speculating yet as to what we should do this offseason yet. As of now, we still have at least one more game to go.
I just hope we dont finish out the game on our backs again (no Cee). I don't even know whhat to even expect from these cats tomorrow. Just lets not let the celtics finish out the series on the garden floor.

I had avoided this thread cuz I knew exactly what would be going on
laugh.gif
. Thread title says it all.

Went to the game Friday night with true 3 blue, LosAlmighty and HTTB. Don't really have much to say, the energy was sucked out of me.

The Garden was looking to get crazy. Even down 9 in the first few minutes, as soon as we made the first bucket, it got deafening. It got insanely loud every time (though seldom) every time we scored. Even at halftime, we were all hopeful but.. well, you saw what happened.

Bill Walker looked like the only one who wanted to win. He drove to the point, looked aggressive.

Melo nor Stat looked remotely into the game.

I'm still puzzled as to why Jared Jeffries kept getting the ball fed to him? Had you had someone watching the game who never watched basketball before, I'm certain they'd think Jared Jeffries was our go-to guy.

Oh and the refs. We probably would have kept the game close had the refs not destroyed our momentum with all those phantom calls. Oh well.

See y'all at the game tomorrow.
ohwell.gif

If Melo was playing half-assed in game 3 bc he was tired n getting double teamed, he has no excuse not to go crazy tomorrow. No excuse for 2 bad games out of 3 played, but this is do or die n in my opinion, this will show if he came to NYC for a chance at a ring or so he can chill in SoHo with LaLa. If he comes out n drops 30+ and plays good defense, I'll be satisfied by his performance. But if he comes out flat from tip off, I'm gonna be pissed. I don't want my last image of the 2011 postseason being Carmelo choking in a huge game and thr supporting cast laying bricks.

Dantonis style of play is going to decrease amares contributions. Amare has been playing way too many minutes and look at where hes at now physically. We need a new coach because hes going to run our stars into the ground

Back
Top Bottom