**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Eff it sign Yao to a very cheap contract and sit him out until after the All Star break..

- No to Oden, he would injure himself, Amare, Melo in practice in one play.
- Sign Dalembert, he'll probably end up on BOS, ORL or POR tho
- Don't pick up Billups option
- Maybe get Telfair as a back up PG. Don't extend Anthony Carter

Isn't the point of extending Billups that if CP3 does in fact want out next year, we can trade Chauncey for him?

What do you guys see in Yao?
-Does not and will not fit in this up and down system.
-Has a decent mid range jumper but does NOT rebound the ball as well as he should for being 7'6"

i said before the series started it would go 6 games... i didn't expect the knicks to win it all.. but i just didn't want to admit it on here
laugh.gif
... but i never saw a sweep either...hopefully they can win at least 1 game
30t6p3b.gif

and im not even mad if the knicks lose this series... i hate making up excuses but injuries played a big role.... amare got hurt for showing off in warmups by dunking and slapping the backboard and chauncey is just injury prone...don't forget to add that our bench/role players are garbage except douglas and maybe fields even though hes mad inconsistent... and our execution at the end of games is just terrible and i won't talk about our defense... dantoni has got to go...

i would still do the trade all over again... melo plays a huge role on this team and is irreplaceable and once him and amare get healthy and play with chemistry they will be a good 1-2 combo in this league for a long time... i don't think we gave up too much at all... when you got a great player like melo you can't pass that deal up... it was obvious he wouldn't sign in the offseason anyway...my only regrets is trading gallo instead of fields and keeping felton instead of getting billups...but i guess we had no choice... i use to hate on felton but i do wish we had him back instead of chauncey

the main concerns for this team is getting a new coach, resigning donnie, getting a starting center and point guard and get some good players in this years draft...i think if we do this which is realistic we should be good... it just depends on the players we get... but a preseason training and a year playing together next year we will be straight...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

People are slurping the Knicks extra hard lately. Fans have been telling people to hop off the bandwagon but now we need haters to hop off our nuts. Y'all mad bc we ride with our team even when we suck while y'all hide n frontrun with other teams until yours gets better? Trolls are quoting fans saying the Knicks can beat the Celdicks for what? I can go into any team forum and quote an incorrect prediction but what's the point? They're fans, they're SUPPOSED TO have faith in their team. If you KNOW your team will lose, why watch the game? That's like buying a lotto ticket knowing in advance you have no shot at winning. Then again, most of you Heat/Bulls trolls don't have much experience being fans since u just learned what it meant to be one when your teams became good.

Sorry for the mini-rant but this hatred towards Knicks' fans is getting pathetic. Heat lose w/o DWade and they get bailed out by the media for "not being 100%" but 2 of our 3 best players are hurt and people have a field day taking shots at the team. Last I checked, Celtics won 3 straight against the Heat this season correct? Post your
laugh.gif
emoticons all you want while you're manhandling the big scary 76ers but get at me when you lose to the Celtics also
i know you aint talking about me.... its funny how you say the hatred towards knicks fans in getting pathetic while at the same time you talk !!$# about heat fans?... you knicks fans was talking !!$# all year especially when we was playing like !!$#... now we are pathetic for talking !!$# in return?...
How mad are you though that although UPPTEMPO838 didn't mention ANY names...you outright call him out for indirectly "calling" you out.  So he's definitely talking about you.
grin.gif

DubA169 wrote:
i wanna see if they come out flat and uninterested again sunday.

This.

I want to see Amare play like he played against the Lakers last year in the Western Conf Finals and Melo play with the intensity people know him for.
I thought the Knicks couldve won this series against the Celtics (even though its not over yet) or atleats bring this to game 6 or 7. 

Im going to need u guys to win tomorrow for my own selfish reasons and win game 5 also... 
grin.gif

series isnt over yet fellas. 

I cant believe i went to the Garden to watch that pathetic game. Just woke up after getting drunk last night.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

1. Fields needs his confidence back.
2. Our rotation sucks.
a) Anthony Carter needs more PT, Douglas needs less.
b) Shawne needs to completely take over Bill Walker and Mason's minutes.
c) Why was Melo not in the game during the beginning of the 4th quarter?
d) This fool needs to learn when to call a TO.

I'd go on for a lot longer, but im sure we all know what we need to focus on. The Garden wasnt exactly rocking at all, since we were down since the beginning minutes.
30t6p3b.gif

-$*@ i cant believe we are talking about yao ming right now
-i'd keep jeffries (he's a great player to have on a good team, the fact that we suck is why he's getting exposed)
-everyone else on our bench not named shawne williams or maybe douglas can go

Jefferies needs to spend the offseason playing at local parks and rec leagues, maybe then he'll realize he's 6'11 and he can learn how to dunk a damn basketball.

From just hearing and reading about our team, you'd never guess any Knick was out or playing hurt this series, or that the C's got a decent JO back.

I can't be too mad at how things turned out, because we really had the worst luck on this. If someone told you, no STAT past Game 1, you'd say we probably got swept.
ohwell.gif

anyone else think Corey Brewer could have contributed if he was on this team? another big D'Antoni mistake by not at least giving dude a chance.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

anyone else think Corey Brewer could have contributed if he was on this team? another big D'Antoni mistake by not at least giving dude a chance.
lol
30t6p3b.gif
qft

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

lol
30t6p3b.gif
qft

I remember catching #%#+, cuz I was the only one really mad we waived Brewer. Every single postseason is important, word to Dallas. Especially this one, when the elite East teams are the weakest they're probably gonna be this decade.
Shoulda wouldas'll kill us. If we handled trade deadline week like we should've (still getting Melo), we could've made a deep playoff run.

i was against them waiving brewer and not getting other players waived like rautins, mason, carter (before i saw him play) and preferred getting baron instead of jared but i guess jared is better than nothing

and what yall think of picking up nolan smith in the draft?

We should have kept Brewer but what about D Brown? He played well the last time he got minutes and has the size we need against a defensive minded team. Also, Douglass has been so insignificant the past 3 games that I have to believe he's gonna contribute a lot on Sunday. I just hope we can pull 1 out. Getting swept in our first year back in the playoffs would be crushing, idc if we're a "next year" team or not. If the Pacers can get 1 from the Bulls, we have no excuse, even at 75% health

Back
Top Bottom