Breaking news?
is

up

to

him

[h3]Sources: Walsh's Return To Knicks Up To Him[/h3]
Apr 05, 2011 11:22 AM EDT

Walsh_Donnie_nyk_080402.jpg

Whether Donnie Walsh will return next season as head of the Knicks is apparently Walsh's decision alone.

According to two league sources, owner James Dolan is ready to extend Walsh's tenure if the 70-year-old basketball man so chooses.

Walsh may prefer to permanently move back to Indiana, where his wife lives, or he might wish to continue the job in New York.

"My dream from Day 1 is to put this team on the path to a championship level," Walsh said.  "I don't think it's there now, but we're getting close. That's what I said I'd do in three years. That's what I've done.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212852/Sources_Walshs_Return_To_Knicks_Up_To_Him#ixzz1IgDDI8Zh

"My dream from Day 1 is to put this team on the path to a championship level," Walsh said.  "I don't think it's there now, but we're getting close. That's what I said I'd do in three years. That's what I've done."
Is this a contradiction Donnie? You don't think it's there now but you said you do it in 3 years and that's what you've done? or did you mean that's what I'm doing? or did you not say that cuz that'd imply you are staying? The fact that his future with us has been up to him all this time is weird but w/e.

Ah well let me stop reading in to shh. Hopefully he stays or at least hires/promotes a suitable GM.

been saying it for a while

I don't think he's coming back to deal with worst media in the world and a horrible owner

I hope Warkstein replaces him. I really, really hope he comes back I just think he is done and can leave knowing we are respectable again

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

"My dream from Day 1 is to put this team on the path to a championship level," Walsh said.  "I don't think it's there now, but we're getting close. That's what I said I'd do in three years. That's what I've done."
Is this a contradiction Donnie? You don't think it's there now but that's what you've done? or did you mean that's what I'm doing? or did you not say that cuz that'd imply you are staying? The fact that his future with us has been up to him all this time is weird but w/e.

Ah well let me stop reading in to shh. Hopefully he stays or at least hires/promotes a suitable GM.

Maybe he meant they aren't at that championship level, but they are on the path. Hence "That's what I've done."

well I'm about to head out to the game. I wasn't playin about catchin @ least one game before the season is out.

Them Bulls TIX were out of control though.

Good lookin Mo on pointin me in the right direction.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Is this a contradiction Donnie? You don't think it's there now but that's what you've done? or did you mean that's what I'm doing? or did you not say that cuz that'd imply you are staying? The fact that his future with us has been up to him all this time is weird but w/e.

Maybe he meant they aren't at that championship level, but they are on the path. Hence "That's what I've done."

yep what los said...and donnie would be a sellout if he left...ya he did a great job and brought the franchise back but hes quitting on the franchise by not finishing what he started... then again he never brought a championship to indy so i shouldn't be surprised
laugh.gif

Al Trautwig has been fumbling words a lot on tv lately? He on that white?

I hate that Friday Night Knicks song though. They giving out Emmy's for anything.

Back
Top Bottom