**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by DubA169

"possible"

donnie said he didn't even know he was available. trust him over rumors that come out a month later. sources can kiss my @*!.

oh and i hope eddy curry goes to the heat. when they lose it will be even more amazing
I think that piece was just addressing whoever didn't get Melo was going to be offered D-Will by the Jazz. Just happened to be the Nets.

yeah for sure. it's not the first i've read. I just don't like these kind of articles. it's over. done with. who knows what could have happened. personally i think the nets offer way way better than ours and another team could have scooped in and gotten deron.

it will be very interesting to see how the new cba affects deron's extension

^Basically, Donnie had no clue of Utah's intentions to trade DWill to the loser. If it had happened we probably would've still gave up Felton, Chandler, some picks and probably Moz. Which is giving up less of our depth

What I can't help but think about is what if Melo did scare DEN in to thinking he'd leave them with nothing in free agency causing them to panic and take w/e we offer. Cuz then we're talking picks, Felton, Chandler, bums, and then with what we have left over (Gallo, Walker, TD, maybe Fields, picks) see if the Jazz might still want to deal with us and give us a better big 3 instead of dealing with the Nets.

Yeah no one knew D-Will was available. If you caught any of Kevin O'Connor's (Jazz GM) interviews, he said it came up randomly in a conversation with Billy King. O'Connor and King are old buddies and O'Connor called King saying sorry he didn't get Melo. 
laugh.gif
They were talking about another trade when King brought up D-Will and made an offer, O'Connor slept on the deal and agreed to it the next day.

the main thing i can't shake is melo basically in cahoots with the nuggets to swindle us out of everything possible

But what's more likely is that melo plain and simply does not value felton, moz, gallo, and a few picks more than possibly losing around lets say 9-20 million dollars. i have no idea how i would act with that kind of ego so it's hard for me to label him satan.

it's just annoying we can never rape a team. we either get raped or pay over market price

now imagine we trade everything to utah for deron and still have the money to get melo in the off season. which was entirely possible. that will keep you up at night

I ain't mad, cuz for the moment we got what we needed and the Nets didn't. There's no telling if D.Will is gonna re-sign there. And this was easily the least painful Isiah trade of my lifetime. It's whatever.

not for nothing if sheldon williams and carter are serviceable like i know they can be, this trade will be muuuuch easier to get all hyped and happy about a year from now

Originally Posted by DubA169

the main thing i can't shake is melo basically in cahoots with the nuggets to swindle us out of everything possible
Unlike Lebron and because of him Melo was also focused on not looking like the bad guy. Bron's situation is a bit different cuz he's from the state but the backlash is apparent. Melo wanted no parts of that and probably looked at it as justification for pursuing max money along with most likely wanting to make sure DEN made out good in this, plus he probably didn't care for the players leaving NY.
But what's more likely is that melo plain and simply does not value felton, moz, gallo, and a few picks more than possibly losing around lets say 9-20 million dollars. i have no idea how i would act with that kind of ego so it's hard for me to label him satan.
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. With w/e his reasoning is he must've seen more value in teaming with strictly Amar'e and the team being built around them from there and then going for a championship. You look at who left and who is there and he doesn't have close ties with anyone but STAT and maybe Chauncey.
now imagine we trade everything to utah for deron and still have the money to get melo in the off season. which was entirely possible. that will keep you up at night
That's just not healthy.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I ain't mad, cuz for the moment we got what we needed and the Nets didn't. There's no telling if D.Will is gonna re-sign there. And this was easily the least painful Isiah trade of my lifetime. It's whatever.
He aint coming back
laugh.gif
Probably already tired of Avery's voice. I made a post in that Nets thread and if the FO doesn't get some of those players DWill is gone. They might win 30 games next year with him though.

Originally Posted by solematic j21

Did anybody go to House of Hoops?
I think those Huarache's he be wearing were gonna be on display.
Its probably gonna be a different pair. The blue and orange ones he always wore he gave to a friend of mine autographed after a Pacers game.

Carmelo was just on SNL with a wig on
laugh.gif
. He was only on screen for a minute though but was still funny seeing him with a puffy wig

Dwill is one of my favorite point guards. Sorry, but ill take Dwill over Melo anyday of the week.

Dwill running this fast break is
eek.gif
pimp.gif

He was in that shot putter skit and I think 2 others. One being the Laser Cats musical digital short
laugh.gif

The Conventional Wisdom that you should always take a dominant point guard over a dominant wing scorer is simply antiquated and does not apply to the modern NBA. Just look at the past 20 NBA Championship teams. How many of those teams had a Hall of Fame caliber point guard? Now, ask yourself how many of those same teams had a Hall of Fame caliber Wing-scorer. MJ and Kobe alone make this lopsided. You want more relevant proof? Just look at the past 5 NBA Championship teams: Dwayne Wade's Miami Heat, Tim Duncan's Spurs, The big three's Celtics, and Kobe's Lakers twice over. So, how many of these teams had a dominant point guard? MAYBE 1 (Spurs - Tony parker) and that is certainly debateable. Now, again, how many of these teams had a dominant wing scorer who could get his own shot in the 4th quarter of a tight, playoff game? 4 of the past 5 Championship teams. (And the 5th one had Manu G, who is a rather adequate wing-scorer)

In the modern NBA, with the half-court oriented nature of playoff games so consistent and overbearing, you need either a dominant wing-scorer or a dominant big man who can create his own shot and score at will in the 4th quarter of a close, playoff game, regardless of how he is being defended.

I'd take Carmelo over D-Will every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Interesting post from RealGM

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

The Conventional Wisdom that you should always take a dominant point guard over a dominant wing scorer is simply antiquated and does not apply to the modern NBA. Just look at the past 20 NBA Championship teams. How many of those teams had a Hall of Fame caliber point guard? Now, ask yourself how many of those same teams had a Hall of Fame caliber Wing-scorer. MJ and Kobe alone make this lopsided. You want more relevant proof? Just look at the past 5 NBA Championship teams: Dwayne Wade's Miami Heat, Tim Duncan's Spurs, The big three's Celtics, and Kobe's Lakers twice over. So, how many of these teams had a dominant point guard? MAYBE 1 (Spurs - Tony parker) and that is certainly debateable. Now, again, how many of these teams had a dominant wing scorer who could get his own shot in the 4th quarter of a tight, playoff game? 4 of the past 5 Championship teams. (And the 5th one had Manu G, who is a rather adequate wing-scorer)

In the modern NBA, with the half-court oriented nature of playoff games so consistent and overbearing, you need either a dominant wing-scorer or a dominant big man who can create his own shot and score at will in the 4th quarter of a close, playoff game, regardless of how he is being defended.

I agree with that completely. You need a dominant wing scorer/scoring big man that can get you buckets at will. On teams with elite PGs, the only players that can usually get their own buckets whenever its needed is the PG. Everybody else depends on the PG to create for them.

yep i agree completely... i already knew the answer to the question melo or dwill but didn't want to say anything because sometimes i make statements with no good points
laugh.gif
.. what i do know is that jordan won 6 rings with no dominant point guard or center with the latter being important for winning a championship... but then again he did have scottie
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

The Conventional Wisdom that you should always take a dominant point guard . over a dominant wing scorer is simply antiquated and does not apply to the modern NBA. Just look at the past 20 NBA Championship teams. How many of those teams had a Hall of Fame caliber point guard? Now, ask yourself how many of those same teams had a Hall of Fame caliber Wing-scorer. MJ and Kobe alone make this lopsided. You want more relevant proof? Just look at the past 5 NBA Championship teams: Dwayne Wade's Miami Heat, Tim Duncan's Spurs, The big three's Celtics, and Kobe's Lakers twice over. So, how many of these teams had a dominant point guard? MAYBE 1 (Spurs - Tony parker) and that is certainly debateable. Now, again, how many of these teams had a dominant wing scorer who could get his own shot in the 4th quarter of a tight, playoff game? 4 of the past 5 Championship teams. (And the 5th one had Manu G, who is a rather adequate wing-scorer)

I agree with that completely. You need a dominant wing scorer/scoring big man that can get you buckets at will. On teams with elite PGs, the only players that can usually get their own buckets whenever its needed is the PG. Everybody else depends on the PG to create for them.

I agree with that too but in the modified SSOL system that NYK runs, you need an elite pg to be an elite team. Change the system and then you can purport that opinion

Back
Top Bottom