**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I knew Brewer was on the chopping block.
30t6p3b.gif
Can't say this is outside of Mike's MO. It's just Brewer's reputation told me that we could use a guy like him for the playoffs.

And at this point we gotta figure that Mason is Pringles' favorite assistant coach. And that he's gonna keep him to help coach Fields, Douglas, Walker and Azubuike (probably Williams too).

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

just cuz brewer cant shoot a jumpshot he gets cut, straight BS if you ask me. carter, balkman, mason, sheldon, rautins are all less valuable than brewer.
It's not about his lack of offensive skills. Balkman can't be cut because of his three-year contract. We are lack of big guys, so we can't let Sheldon Williams go. After watching post game, Billups admitted telling D'Antoni to play Carter last night. Carter is more than a scrub. We need at least one white boy (Rautins) on our team. I have no idea about Mason, Jr.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm so confused that we cut Brewer after seeing Mil signed Barron. I mean damn the Bucks? That means we didn't pursue him much if at all. I hope Pringles isn't telling Donnie all I need is Jeffries as a big man and I'll make due with the rest of these players and just go with small ball.

I still trust in Donnie but dude is so secretive like when he signed Mozgov out of nowhere and drafted Fields. I'm a fan in the dark perplexed
30t6p3b.gif

Can yall post some Azubukie highlight vids so I can feel better? Cuz yall got crazy hope in him coming back from a knee injury.
Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

Serious question though, how come Rautins name never gets brought up as the guy we'll let go? Is it cause he's close with Landry? (a la David Wingate with Patrick)
I mentioned him in one of my last posts when I talked about cutting players but it's probably cuz he's roommates with Landry that it won't go down.
Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Why the hate for Balkman ? I like what he brings.

He can guard 3's and 4's. Rebounds and runs. Good finisher.
Personally I'd need Balkman to be a very good rebounder for me to think he shouldn't be cut.
Originally Posted by d3simet

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

just cuz brewer cant shoot a jumpshot he gets cut, straight BS if you ask me. carter, balkman, mason, sheldon, rautins are all less valuable than brewer.
It's not about his lack of offensive skills. Balkman can't be cut because of his three-year contract. We are lack of big guys, so we can't let Sheldon Williams go. After watching post game, Billups admitted telling D'Antoni to play Carter last night. Carter is more than a scrub. We need at least one white boy (Rautins) on our team. I have no idea about Mason, Jr.
30t6p3b.gif
We can let Sheldon go if we're planning to get another big man. Sheldon looks like he'll be getting no play. If STAT is in foul trouble/fouls out Pringless will have Melo or Shawne at the 4. Melo fouls out? Put in Balkman. Balkman gets ejected? Smaller ball; Billups-TD-Fields with Walker as our pf and Shawne as the center. Anybody else goes out put in AC.

Pringles aint playing Sheldon. I was expecting Mason, Carter to be cut for sure. Balkman not being cut because of his contract makes sense but a few of these new acquisitions can go.

WE thought that it was questionable when we chose Shawne Williams over Pat Ewing JR... Look how that panned out... There must be a good reason behind it..

It's not about his lack of offensive skills.
seriously, we're bringing in Jared Jeffries in place of him.

Jared can't make a shot outside of 2ft, and even inside of that it's questionable.

Remind me what Shawne Williams has done though?

been pretty valuable IMO.

as recently as last night shawne hit clutch free throws to help us beat miami

great way to put it throwback. donnie has earned some slack from us. questionable move but nothing to go nuts about.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Remind me what Shawne Williams has done though?
Shawne has been really good for us. We may all hate the jack a bunch of 3s offense but 3s are important and he provides them consistently. Dude has a bunch of scoring highs coming off the bench.

Defense is lacking but that's what happen when you guard Cs when you're a sf/kinda pf.

ummmmmmmmmm what

now i'm annoyed. why cut brewer if we need a spot for jefferies when you are going to waive buike?

we have to be getting more that jefferies. makes no sense

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Can yall post some Azubukie highlight vids so I can feel better? Cuz yall got crazy hope in him coming back from a knee injury.
nerd.gif
or do they not exist? or should I go ask warrior fans?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

EDIT
Originally Posted by PMatic

@FisolaNYDN Knicks have officially waived Kelenna Azubuike

eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Damnit Donnie. I'm just gonna watch the games and let you do what you do.

Originally Posted by DubA169

ummmmmmmmmm what

now i'm annoyed. why cut brewer if we need a spot for jefferies when you are going to waive buike?

we have to be getting more that jefferies. makes no sense
Actually, Brewer isn't official. I think the Knicks wanted to test and see if who's interested in Brewer. It's like Walsh playing chess. 

So Brewer isn't official and Buike is gone. We either got a 2nd surprise signing or they were that much of dead weight.

media clearly reported brewer was bought out. these people need to be held responsible for the times they get a story wrong because they want to be the first to break a story. even a story of minimum importance

over and over again

I feel like Donnie has something up his sleeve but I'm not banking on that. This isn't making much sense to me.

So far I have:

- Brewer not officially gone (even though he has until tomorrow to sign with a team in order to be eligible for the playoffs)
- Buike got cut. (Insurance paid his salary because he missed half the season)
- Jared Jeffries to be signed tomorrow, not eligible to play until Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom