**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Steve Nash killed us today ?
nerd.gif

roll.gif

i'm going back and fourth with him because a few of us always !!!+ on miami in their thread. he's a good sport

Blake Griffin does not play defense. STAT gonna give him the business just like he did back in L.A.

Was at the game today, what was the reason turiaf didnt play?

I had close seats and all I can say is hes a good dude. Everytime he looked over me and my homie would yell at him and he would acknowledge us back
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I think they said something was wrong with his hip. Aint completely sure but he was injured. Dude is looking unreliable from that viewpoint.

Whenever we face a team.. it's always Amare vs.. two good to very good big men.

I think it's pretty clear what our team needs are.

Hmmm seems like there's a loophole with the trading picks...if Walsh acquires a first round pick in 2012, he's free to trade away the 2011 and 2013 first round picks.

Guess that's what he meant by he could probably get more than one first round pick.

Raymond Felton's Regression

by gian casimiro on Jan 18, 2011 10:01 AM EST in Miscellaneous

96839_knicks_heat_basketball.jpg

Raymond Felton is having a turbulent first year with the Knicks. Stumbling through a 3-8 start, his struggles early on executing the pick-and-roll made a few people wonder if he was the man for this job. Would he turn it around? Could this team recover?

It did, and so did he. When the Knicks won 12 of 13 games early last month, Felton masterfully silenced all doubters. He ranked favorably among other star point guards in the Association coming in 7th in scoring and 8th in passing. He was playing the best ball of his career, leading a surging Knick team up the standings, and putting up stats we all assumed he could in a free wheelin' offense. Combine that with his defense and bulldog toughness and it's easy to see why he quickly warmed the hearts of MSG.

Fast forward a month with the team going through another rough patch, losers of three straight, and six of their last ten. One loss being a complete no show against the worst team in the Western Conference. Amar'e Stoudemire calls it "unacceptable". The problems aren't the same. The competition is decidedly stiffer. The defense is getting worse and opposing point guards are tearing up the perimeter like old. And the injury bug is invading New York's beds striking Danilo Gallinari's knee, Stoudemire's shoulder, Ronny Turiaf's everything, and, yes, Felton's own wrist and ankle.

And his production is spiraling dramatically.

Felton's been missing a ton of shots lately. Over his last ten games, he's shooting 38% and 29.8% from three, an effective field goal percentage of 43.3%. That's bad - the league average is 49.8%. Looking month over month, there's a steady, troubling decline in his scoring production because of his inefficiency.

FeltonPPGvsEFG_medium.jpg

Ray's gone from well above league average in November to a crummy 6% below in January. Have a look. It's pretty awful company. The immediate thought is that he's taking and missing too many attempts from three, but truth is he's just about at December's average (1.8-5.5 in Dec., 1.7-5.3 in Jan.). What I've actually noticed is him blowing several shots around the basket of late.

FeltonCloseShots_medium.jpg

Felton went from converting 61.5% of his layups in November to 47.8% this month. His conversion from within ten feet is also down to paltry 37.5%. Those drives? Seemingly nullified. The floaters? Not dropping. It's inexplicable and unfortunate because he's getting to close range at his highest rate this year - 5.4 attempts in Nov., 5.3 in Dec., 5.6 in Jan.

On a positive note, his rebounding is up and his assists are stable. But his scoring efficiency isn't just regressing to the mean, to his Charlotte numbers. Right now he's well below them and trending in the wrong direction. The nicks and bruises have caught up, I'm sure. And the perils of the season under this pace can't be forgiving. He needs to turn it around once again. The first two months couldn't get much higher but Raymond needs to respark the soul and rebuild the energy.

^^ Back up PG anyone ?

Honestly, I want Walsh to just trade Anthony Randolph already, for a back up PG and a !st round draft pick.

I want AR to start his career already, and we got team needs
ohwell.gif

Melo making the media rounds now. After ESPN, also did exclusive with @SI_IanThomsen: "I would never go about it the way LeBron did."
Also reveals that LeBron was the one who set the stage of a NY partnership with Amar'e. Says LeBron told him only way he will compete w/ MIA
Carmelo also tells SI that he expects to be traded by Feb. 24 deadline and wants the extension. Did not specify a team, tho.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

^^ Back up PG anyone ?

Honestly, I want Walsh to just trade Anthony Randolph already, for a back up PG and a !st round draft pick.

I want AR to start his career already, and we got team needs
ohwell.gif

Melo making the media rounds now. After ESPN, also did exclusive with @SI_IanThomsen: "I would never go about it the way LeBron did."
Also reveals that LeBron was the one who set the stage of a NY partnership with Amar'e. Says LeBron told him only way he will compete w/ MIA
Carmelo also tells SI that he expects to be traded by Feb. 24 deadline and wants the extension. Did not specify a team, tho.

Everything you said, I like.

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...nly_considered_extension_with_nuggets_knicks/[/h1]
[h1]Carmelo Has Only Considered Extension With Nuggets, Knicks[/h1]

Jan 18, 2011 5:12 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
There are still only two teams that Carmelo Anthony has thought about signing a contract extension with: the Nuggets and Knicks, a source told Ken Berger of CBS Sports.

Anthony isn't pushing for a meeting with the Nets, which would take place to discuss the possibility of an extension before New Jersey, Denver and Detroit complete a three-team deal highlighted by the All-Star forward.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._extension_with_nuggets_knicks/#ixzz1BQxP5441

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom